...life can be translucent

Menu

"moving house" and Yi's answer, 5.1.3.5 to 7

GeoElena

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I am quite new to I Ching and was interested in finding out more about this combination of hexagrams.
If you could please support me in this:

Oracle

'Waiting, with truth and confidence.
Shining out, creating success: constancy brings good fortune.
Fruitful to cross the great river.'

You wait for what you need, like a farmer waiting for the weather to change. This is not a passive state; you can dance for rain, influence events by bringing yourself into harmony with the outcome you need. But you cannot force this, you can only attend to it. You will need patience: it may all take much longer than you had imagined. When you are fully present in waiting, your intense attention shines out like a beacon, beginning a creative engagement with the world – not by working on anything, but by waiting on it and holding your faith.

And in crossing the river, committing yourself to go as far as you can towards what you're waiting for, you begin the transition into the world where it is real.

'The clouds are above heaven: Waiting.
A noble one eats, drinks and relaxes with music.'

Sequence

Waiting follows from Hexagram 4, Not Knowing:
'Young things cannot do without nourishment, and so Waiting follows. Waiting means the way of eating and drinking.'

Pair

Waiting forms a pair with Hexagram 6, Arguing:
'Waiting means no progress, Arguing means no connection.'

Changing Lines

Line 1
'Waiting at the outskirts altar,
Fruitful to use perseverance – no mistake.'

Line 3
'Waiting in the bog invites the arrival of robbers.'

Line 5
'Waiting with food and drink.
Constancy, good fortune.'

Hexagram 7, the Army

Key Questions

What are you aiming for?
How can you get more from your strengths?
With all your efforts, are you creating the life you want?

Oracle

'The Army: with constancy.
Mature people, good fortune – no mistake.'

When there is cause, the ruler raises an army. This is a time when everything revolves around a central objective: inner and outer resources are realigned and ordered in accordance with it. It's important that a mature leader take responsibility, not least so that intensity of focus does not become blinkered vision or pure belligerence, turning everything that is not the goal into the enemy. Balancing the drive to 'get it done' with a measured, disciplined approach allows you to achieve your objective effectively and with less 'collateral damage': good fortune, without mistake.

'In the centre of the earth is a stream: the Army.
A noble one accepts the people and gathers together crowds.'

Sequence

The Army follows from Hexagram 6, Arguing:
'Arguing naturally means that crowds rise up, and so the Army follows. The Army means crowds.'

Pair

The Army forms a pair with Hexagram 8, Seeking Union:
'Seeking Union means delight; the Army means grieving.'

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi GeoElena,

Welcome to Clarity!

"moving house"
5.1.3.5 to 7 ~ Stay with the project (line 1); getting bogged down will cost you money (line 3); when food and drink are offered (line 5); many will come (7).

Is this helpful?

All best!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Just waiting for guidance or inspiration wont move the project ahead. Get involved, talk alternatives over with supportive friends.
7. A plan, leader, emerges.

GeoElena

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, how clear is that, indeed. How can I learn further how to interpret the i ching? After I settle down with the house, I am happy to embark on a new project.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).