...life can be translucent

Menu

Making Friends 46 line 2

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all

Yes I hope you might be able to help me with this one.I do have some good friends but don't live nearby.
I find it difficult to make new ones.Really good ones and often feel a bit lonley.
So I asked what can I do to make friends?

Do you think this is a too basic question?
Should I ask what am I doing wrong when trying to make friends?
Meetinv up with people in hexagram 46 in the south.

Please could anyone help with fhe summer or spring sacrifice?
I have tried to look this up but don't find it..

Thank you all for past help too.

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Hi I see I need to be sincere and patient.How do you make a summer sacrifice?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Maisie

Please could anyone help with fhe summer or spring sacrifice?
I have tried to look this up but don't find it..

...what it means is that in spring and early summer the harvest isn't ready so sacrifices are only small yet these small sacrifices bring good fortune.

So for you this means that even though you may not feel you have much to offer yet to others it is good just to reach out and go ahead and connect with people where you can.

So I asked what can I do to make friends?

Do you think this is a too basic question?

No, it's a very good question and you have received a very good answer.

46 shows you are in a time of growth and striving. As I said you are still maybe feeling unsure at this stage of whether what you have to offer others is enough, perhaps you don't feel very confidant or fear you won't be accepted. But Yi says here even the small spring offering is well received. So this means even little things, small ways to connect with people, just chatting, smiling being open, going forward towards people is very fortunate. You just need to have faith and go ahead and connect with people in all the small ways that present themselves, just little things that build up to make connections. At first this might just be small everyday exchanges with people in your environment, but all the gestures of friendship you make to others, these are sacrifices. Even if these sacrifices seem small to you and somehow not enough to make progress Yi is saying they are still worth doing. Also Hilary stresses in her commentary that being genuine counts for a lot here. People can sense when you are friendly even if you can't think of anything to say. It is what is in your heart that matters so if you can let that show, then that is your spring sacrifice. Be confident and offer what you have :)

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So true. I received this line when wanting to know how to best come across to others in a leadership position. It was a positive experience involving a lot of little things. Outwardly, I kept my higher ups in the loop, served others where I thought I could be most useful, and made a "small offering" of bringing a few snacks for the common table in the break room. Inwardly, what felt best though was connecting with others more genuinely as I made social interactions more of a priority such as stopping to compliment someone on what they were wearing, asking and really listening to how someone else was doing, or patiently working out small problems with others.

Since I like to focus on trigrams as well, I also worked on incorporating "calm, composure" moments to have more of a "gentle" frame of mind related to the Wind-Wood/Mountain lower trigrams. For example, instead of standing while eating in the break room, I made myself sit down and at least try to relax a little. I also stopped myself whenever needed to readjust my state of mind to return to a "calm, composure" mindset. I feel it did help me slow down, be more gentle about working things through, make better decisions, and pass on "calm, composure" to others which overall elevated the team morale. In other words, things that help you gently connect as a friend to yourself might also have a positive effect on making new friendship connections.

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight.Trojina and iams girl.Small sacrifices will be made.
Yes I need to be calm down as well.

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Hello

So far this question has worked out asTtrojana and Iams Girls had said.
I gave small offerings of friendship Food etc and have been able to build more trustworthy relationships with two colleagues.
Thanks

galatea11

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for updating this Maisie. I feel you - been very lonely while transitioning from old lifestyle to a new one. Glad things are going well. Best of luck to you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).