...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 6 unchanging

Rellesy

visitor
Reaction score
I'm very new to casting I Ching ... I've only been casting for about 3 months so my interpretations of Yi's answers don't always make a lot of sense to me ... until today.So this week I have been considerably down about my future and my job prospects and have been asking questions along the lines of "Tell me about what is blocking me from moving forward". After receiving 7.3 to 46, I was frustrated ... armies? corpses?So today I asked "is not accepting help what I need to let go?" and Yi's answer was 6 - Arguing (unchanging). The key questions in Hilary's translation "What are you arguing for? If you can't win this one, what else can you do?" made me laugh! Yi was right! I was arguing with the responses I was receiving! So I made the decision that today I'm not going to argue, I'm looking at what else I can do. I do like that Yi has a sense of humour and puts it out there in plain English ... sometimes!

kttuan

visitor
Reaction score
This hex rêpresentative for argumenting, so the answer is clear: you argue so much with pêople, then your social relation is not so good.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes 6 refers to arguing with others and many times it doesn't. Many times it refers to indecision, arguments within the self or arguments with how things are. So no this doesn't just say that she argues too much with people. 6 has far greater territory than that and clearly it would have to since we don't always ask questions about others. If you asked a question about going out in a snowstorm and got 6 for example it wouldn't mean 'you argue too much with others' it would perhaps indicate you are arguing with the weather conditions !

I'm very new to casting I Ching ... I've only been casting for about 3 months so my interpretations of Yi's answers don't always make a lot of sense to me ... until today.So this week I have been considerably down about my future and my job prospects and have been asking questions along the lines of "Tell me about what is blocking me from moving forward". After receiving 7.3 to 46, I was frustrated ... armies? corpses?

I'd see it that you are carrying with you old outdated beliefs/ideas/forms that weigh you down or that aren't really part of who you are now ? You'd have to think about what that might be. I find this line can show up where one thinks things work a certain way but they don't anymore. This could even be your perception of 'moving forward' ?

So today I asked "is not accepting help what I need to let go?" and Yi's answer was 6 - Arguing (unchanging). The key questions in Hilary's translation "What are you arguing for? If you can't win this one, what else can you do?" made me laugh! Yi was right! I was arguing with the responses I was receiving! So I made the decision that today I'm not going to argue, I'm looking at what else I can do. I do like that Yi has a sense of humour and puts it out there in plain English ... sometimes!

Ah I see you asked what old beliefs/perceptions you needed to let go of because of 7.3 and you got 6uc. Yes you no longer need to battle with your situation as it is in terms of what you think ought to be maybe ? Also your own sense of the answer is paramount although I'm not 100% clear on what you thought it meant ? You think it meant 'don't argue with the answers' ? Or did you also mean you were arguing for a certain direction or definition of 'moving forward' which 7.3 was saying was no longer current or viable ?

Also if you haven't seen them there are a series of threads on people's experiences with uc hexagrams. Here is the one on 6 https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...xperience-With-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-6

Do feel free to add your own experience and others if you want to

Oh just glanced at the 6uc thread and noticed Lise also used the weather conditions situation

Rellesy

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trojina ... I hadn't realised you had replied until I got the same Hex 6 UC regarding a dream about a passed loved one and did a quick search on hex 6 uc again! It's as you say, I was arguing for a certain direction and Yi was telling me to stop arguing for what I want and look around me. It's funny, the signs are there all the time ... yesterday I watched a tiny bird banging into the side mirror on my car even though he had plenty of space to go around. I think that describes me well at the moment ... just looking through a small space instead of at the big picture. To give you the big picture, I have spent ten years doing short-term jobs (contracts we call them in construction) while searching for the "right" job so speak. I'm tired. I'm unemployed and money is so tight my mother-in-law has been paying our bills until we can get back on our feet. My partner now has a job which he took simply because we need the money, not because it's what his heart's calling him to do. He has no idea what that is. So, I'm frustrated. I have always been the one to make the "big bucks" so to speak and having to watch the MIL and partner do the hard yards is hard for me to do. So around the time I posted regarding 6UC I had a dream about my friend who passed some years ago. This morning when I asked Yi "tell me about the dream about J" I got the same hex - 6UC. Last night, I had another dream about different close friend who passed. This time it was 9.3.5.6 to 19. I think Yi is telling me to stop arguing about the direction. Paul O'brien's interpretation seems to fit this well:Line 3: When a small problem arises, keep it simple and focus on the immediate solution. Just as forcibly continuing to drive with a flat tire can ruin an entire journey, one can prevent small problems from creating a huge problem by attending to them without overreacting or trying to force things.Step back, give the situation some space and focus on patching the tire. This is more effective in getting you further up the road than bewailing your fate or wasting energy assigning blame.One is often disappointed when an easy time was expected. But exerting force now would only deepen your troublesLine 5: In the best partnerships, each partner complements the other. Loyalty and trust are the fuel that allows a partnership to shine. For the weaker partner, loyalty means devotion and service; for the stronger, trustworthiness is essential. A balanced partnership leads to great prosperity -- and wealth won in partnership is appreciated and admired all the more because it is shared.Line 6 (at the top): Gentle winds have gathered the clouds, and the rain finally arrives. The softer forces have gained strength for a moment of victory. But just as the full moon is followed by inevitable waning, so a triumph of weak forces is doomed to be short-lived. The mature person learns to enjoy the fullness of the moon on its own terms. A brilliant moon is a full cup; toast the moment, and be content in the knowledge that patience will reward you with more influence when the time is right.So today I have an interview for a job that I don't want. Not because of the job, but because it's another contract and I want a permanent full-time job. I am going with the flow. If it's where I'm meant to be I will get the job. If it's not, I won't. I'll try my hardest in the interview and see where it takes me.Thank you for letting me ramble on!Cheers,Relle

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).