...life can be translucent

Menu

Calendaric calculations

J

jesed

Here, some basic ideas about calendaric calculations

1.- This tool aplies ONLY when the question is a "General Diagnosis" kind.

2.- One must use the "Post-Heaven" order. The one having Fire on the South

3.- One must calculate clock-wise. It means: Starting in Fire, then Earth, then Lake and so on

4.-- Each trigram is a period of 45 days (aprox.).

5.- Fire goes from December 17 to January 31.. and so on (it means, Water goes from 17 June to 31 July) This dates never change.

6.- To find out the calendaric reference in every hexagram:
a) In the "Post-heaven" order, localize the trigram corresponding to the date of the question. Example: for question made today, is Fire trigram.
b) Drawn a line, in "post-Heaven" order, from the inner trigram to the outer trigram. Example, in Hexagram 56 it goes from Mountain to Fire. That is the grapfic time-frame. Convert to dates: Mountain goes from August 1 to September 16 aprox; and Fire goes from December 17 to January 31 aprox. It means, the Time for Traveling rules from August 1 to January 31.

7.- To find out the calendaric references on every changing line:
a) Add the number of trigrams in the calendaric time-frame of the hexagram. Example: in hexagram 56 there are 4 trigrams (Mountain, Thunder, Wind and Fire). 4 trigrams * 45 days each trigram = 180 days of Time for Traveling.
b) Number of days/ 6 lines = period of each line. Example: in hexagram 56 180 days / 6 lines = 30 days each line
c) Aply to the changing lines you got. Example in hex 56
Line 1 August
Line 2 September
Line 3 October
Line 4 November
Line 5 December
Line 6 January

(Note: It means, each hexagram have a diferent calendaric calculation)

8.- Now, this is important: this tool NEVER talks about the future, before solving the past/present.

It means, if the date of the question is within the graphic time-line, you are living the Time in your present: you are in the middle of the time. But if the date of the question IS NOT within the time-line, the Time of your answer IS IN THE PAST, always.. not the future. The same applies to the changing lines. Example: if the question was made today, hex 56 is in the past.

Best wishes

J

jesed

Correction to the last sentence: if the question was made today, Hex 56 is ending by now. If you got Changing Line 6, this line is in the present.. all the other lines (1 to 5) are in the past

(Thanks Rosalie for notice this error)

fkegan

(deceased)
Reaction score
Or in the alternative, you can mix I Ching with astrology, cast the planetary positions for today or any day and then put those positions into the 6 areas of the X-ray Eye and read the result as a Yi Oracle. Link to that X-Ray Eye page is on the first bit of my homepage as the link "Learn the most powerful integration of I Ching, horoscopes and Dice Cubes!" or directly http://www.stars-n-dice.com/x-rayeye.html

Frank

J

jesed

Hi Frank

Why I should seek any alternative; when i have find one way that have probed (to me) its' accurateness over 5 years? Of course, to remain open to diferent insights; and try to avoid the risk of dogmatism. I'm kidding; I'll try your technique next month (this month I'm ending an empirical test to confront Zhu Xi's method vs Gao Heng's method to deal with multiples lines)

BTW; I do know and apply one way to mix Yijing with astrological calculations: najia sistem. It also have probed to be generally accurate; altough a little bit less than this one. Many cases in this forum.

I aldo did take an empirical test on this; on the former "e-ching forum"; maybe Luis remember that one. For the same question and answer, about a precise issue (which date, if any, would I receive some important payment) I made the calendaric calculations with Blofeld's technique; with najia technique; and with this technique. Blofeld's was wrong for 1 and a half months; najia was wrong for 2 weeks; and this technique was accurate within the scope of one week.

Best

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I aldo did take an empirical test on this; on the former "e-ching forum"; maybe Luis remember that one. For the same question and answer, about a precise issue (which date, if any, would I receive some important payment) I made the calendaric calculations with Blofeld's technique; with najia technique; and with this technique. Blofeld's was wrong for 1 and a half months; najia was wrong for 2 weeks; and this technique was accurate within the scope of one week.

Best

Yes, I remember that and can attest to it. Very accurate technique for timing answers, I must say.

fkegan

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Frank

Why I should seek any alternative; when i have find one way that have probed (to me) its' accurateness over 5 years? Of course, to remain open to diferent insights; and try to avoid the risk of dogmatism. I'm kidding; I'll try your technique next month (this month I'm ending an empirical test to confront Zhu Xi's method vs Gao Heng's method to deal with multiples lines)

BTW; I do know and apply one way to mix Yijing with astrological calculations: najia sistem. It also have probed to be generally accurate; altough a little bit less than this one. Many cases in this forum.

Best

Hi Jessed,
You raise the interesting question of prediction vs. meaning. Perhaps makes more sense in your terms to try "both and.." rather than either/or. To result in accurate future time prediction, there must be an underlying causal momentum that can be read now and will determine when the concrete event will happen.

However, meaning is a different thing. The day after you receive your check or whatever you are testing for its accuracy of timing, such predictions are only curiosities. The facts make the prediction obsolete or at least mere history. The issues of meaning remain and may become more important. What does this date mean? A question difficult to put to empirical verification, but can be personally relevant if not vital.

Just a head's up to other similar issues for your further exploration when their timing fits your situation.

Frank

J

jesed

Well... I can have diferent worries and intestest as motivation to consult the Yijing. Some times is about what you call "meaning"; some times is about practical facts. Why I should considerer that one of them are more important? And why I should have a fixed (almost dogmatic) rule to say that "meaning" is always and in every case the most important one?

When your life depend on the practical choices you made; and that choices need to have in consideration at least one reliable pronostic about economic income.. well, having an accurate tool to achieve a reliable pronostic is quite an important issue. Because, if you are ot alive.. who would undertand any "meaning"?
Now I ask you: your tools can help in this particular scope of concerns?

Best

By the way... the fact I test and use this calendaric tools, doesn't imply that this is the ONLY way I use the Yijing.. so it is not a matter of "timing" to look other issues about "meaning"

fkegan

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Jesed,
The Yi has good abilities to answer any question asked it as is appropriate in light of the person asking and shall we say the Tao. You express your concerns well and as you note, you use the Oracle to answer a range of questions and issues. There are other possibilities also... that was all I was bringing up...

Frank

con01

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jesed

Just a question on your "General Diagnosis" date method.
Are multiple moving lines treated as "or", e.g line/period 2 OR line/period 5?

Do you mind explaining how to do a future projection, i.e. outside of the current cycle, say 1-2 years from now. (If that is part of the "General Diagnosis" method)

I hope I make myself clear.
Thanks in advance
Con

J

jesed

Hi Con

1.- when this technique applies, each time has it's own issue to understand. So, during the the time when line 2 rules, you need to be aware to act like the advice of the line 2; and after time, when the time when line 5 rules, you need to be aware to act like the advice of the time of line 5.
When one or many of the changing lines are in the past; then you can remember the facts that happened when that line was ruling; normally, you will find one or more facts that corresponds with the sense of the line. Then, you understand that those previous facts affects how you are living in the present.

2.- I know that some people, much more learned than me (Ricardo Andree, for example), can do projections with more than 2 years of anticipation. I don't. I rather prefer to follow the cicles described in the answer. When the cicle ends, I make a new consultation... and so on.

Best wishes

con01

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jesed

Thanks for the clarification.

I just had a look at the website of Ricardo Andree which you mentioned, but it seems to be in Spanish which is totally foreign to me. If there is anyone here who has read some of his work and would care to comment on the date projection method, it would be appreciated.

Regards
Con

sergio

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Con;
the site you mentioned does not "seem to be in Spanish",IT IS in Spanish.The method you asked comments on would be better explained by Jesed.He has conducted a comparison of several calendar(not calendarical)calculation methods and arrived at the conclusion this one(Andree's method)is the most accurate of them all.Unfortunately you will encounter a couple of problems because Andree is not volunteering any information(you will have to buy his book( which is written in that pesky foreign language,Spanish)or belong to his circle of acolytes or wait for Jesed to provide more information about it other than what he has already provided,of course.Your other option would be that somebody like Luis(a true Yi human encyclopedia)would provide more insights on the method.Let's wait and see who answers the call first!
Sergio

patro

visitor
Reaction score
Hi jesed and any one else,
i asked when something would happen i got an unchanging 49
under Li=Fire and above Tui=water.
the time frame go from 17-12 to 31/4 i made the question in the first days of june 2011 Kien=air
do i have to add this approx 135 days to the date in which i tossed the coins?
if yes i'll get the middle of november 2011.

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Patro,

I have tried Jesed's recommended method and it works very well. However, when it comes to unchanging line. I would prefer to use Blofeld's calendar - refer to Pocossin's post on Clarity.
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=1562

The first column represents months on the chinese lunar calendar and weeks are on the remaining column. For hexagram 49, it would be next year 2012 mid-March (The usual calendar we see everyday)

On the note, I would add on a personal experience. There are several occassions when I receive no changing line, it is an indication of "nothing will happen".

Hope it helps

Last edited:

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hello Tifa,
thank you for answering, could you also tell me if my calculation is correct?

thank you for sharing your experience about the unchanging hexes.
i also just use the Blofeld's calendar .. i also try to perso nalize it to have a day prediction.
applied reverse it works perfectly.

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Patro

Hexagram 49 covers from December 17 to March 18 - i.e. if the event were to occur, it will most likely happen between this "travelling time".

There is no need to add 135 days.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).