...life can be translucent

Menu

When Should I Leave?

Sleepytime

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Members,I have been working at the same place for four and a half years. I've used my time there to work on building skills and confidence after a period of serious illness which severely undermined me. I am paid very poorly, but have accepted this as part of the confidence building/skill building process. I also find my boss very frustrating; although he is 'nice', he is profoundly disorganised, forgetful, changeable and blames others for his weaknesses. He also lies all the time to cover himself. Yet as I say, there are benefits to being where I am. I get to manage my own time, teach myself things that are useful to me, develop my creativity etc. The bottom line is, I don't wish to remain where I am forever. There must come a point when I'm ready inside myself to move on and find somewhere better. But when? When will I be genuinely ready enough in myself to move on and achieve more?So I asked "When should I move on from my current job?"Answer: Hexagram 49 with changing lines 2 & 6, transforming to Hexagram 1Thank you for your thoughts :)

Sleepytime

visitor
Reaction score
My own response to this is that it seems to be suggesting it may be a dramatic change that will occur, something sudden and unanticipated? I know I'm nervous of change, doubtful of my own strengths and abilities (hence remaining where I am badly paid and poorly supported, but feel safe). Perhaps the I Ching is describing a necessary shake up, to push me out of my comfort zone into something more right for me now. The transformed hexagram seems to be a good one.

Sleepytime

visitor
Reaction score
To follow up on this. I had a meeting with my current boss shortly after this reading. He placed a whole lot of additional responsibilities on my plate. Targets I am simply unable to meet in the time available, with the support and resources available. Shifting sands on what was expected of me (initially a two year time frame for proposed targets transformed into 'I need done this now'). I've since quit. Yes, I got shaken up and got out. Quite suddenly, despite the mulling.

Sleepytime

visitor
Reaction score
Is it possible to edit the thread title to include the hexagram results to the question?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).