...life can be translucent

Menu

How to be with my son over Christmas holidays

Hepzibah

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My son has depression and is prone to angry outbursts . He is big living at home at the moment as he found it difficult to leave home and now he is happier not at home . I put a lot of time into Christmas preparations as a time to reach out to him but not going well so far. Just after an angry outburst I asked you for guidance on how yo be with son over Christmas holidays and got 62uc. Seems to be saying to pay constant attention to the small things , not looking at the bigger picture . Might I be right in this ???

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

With 62, one should lower their expectations.
Appropriate for minor concerns,
Not suited to great concerns

Settling for and embracing the smallness, as it is, is the best that can be here.

Hepzibah

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Makes sense and will do thank you Moss Elk

danadanadana

visitor
Reaction score
From The Gnostic Book of Changes, Hexagram 62 "shows the preceding figure of Inner Truth turned inside-out. Here the magnetic lines are all on the outside -- uncontained and uncontrolled. The hexagram often reflects a situation in which the "archetypes": the passions, appetites, emotions, drives and instincts have left their proper places within the psyche and are flying free like birds escaped from the zoo."

So Hexagram 62 seems to fit your situation with your son. Yes, he is acting out in an uncontrolled way and there is little use in this behavior, but as the quote says, this is the inverse of Hexagram 61, Inner Truth, and I think it is important to remember that your son's outbursts are coming from some inner truth that he is unable to express without becoming angry and upset. Maybe the long term way to look at this is eventually try to get insight on what is so upsetting for him?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
From The Gnostic Book of Changes, Hexagram 62 "shows the preceding figure of Inner Truth turned inside-out. Here the magnetic lines are all on the outside -- uncontained and uncontrolled. The hexagram often reflects a situation in which the "archetypes": the passions, appetites, emotions, drives and instincts have left their proper places within the psyche and are flying free like birds escaped from the zoo."
And as part of my ongoing series of critiquing that James guy, he doesn't know what he is talking about!

The situation is as it is.
Dana, the question was about how to be with the son at this time.
(It was not about hex 61 or dealing with the sons temperment long term) The answer was, by not expecting too much, not trying to accomplish great things, by staying low and down to earth. Maybe they will get to share some cookies, but won't go Caroling. And you know, small cookie time can be great in its smallness.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So Hexagram 62 seems to fit your situation with your son. Yes, he is acting out in an uncontrolled way and there is little use in this behavior, but as the quote says, this is the inverse of Hexagram 61, Inner Truth, and I think it is important to remember that your son's outbursts are coming from some inner truth that he is unable to express without becoming angry and upset.

...but, in response to Moss's critique this above is a valid point. One cannot think of 62 without also looking for the 61, it's a pair, whichever one of a pair you get it's worth thinking about the flip side, the other side of the coin especially with unchanging hexagrams IMO.

How to be with my son over Christmas holidays
My son has depression and is prone to angry outbursts . He is big living at home at the moment as he found it difficult to leave home and now he is happier not at home .

How do you mean he is 'big living at home' what is 'big living' ? I'd think it was a typo but it doesn't seem like a typo.

I put a lot of time into Christmas preparations as a time to reach out to him but not going well so far. Just after an angry outburst I asked you for guidance on how yo be with son over Christmas holidays and got 62uc. Seems to be saying to pay constant attention to the small things , not looking at the bigger picture . Might I be right in this ???

I'd think be very careful about how much of him you take on. 62 advises extreme care, you are small in the situation, I wonder if this is just too much for you ?

He's a grown male so angry outbursts to his mother really are not appropriate since it is quite threatening behaviour. I think you should look after yourself by looking at what you really can and cannot sustain.

In another thread you asked Yi if your son was autistic. Well for a proper diagnosis you need a professional not Yi but FWIW I have always thought your son/s, I don't know which one, but one of them sounds autistic/Aspergers or something - I mean he clearly doesn't cope socially.

Sorry that may apply to another son but I think you need more support. I think you are floundering with son/s who' you don't know what to do with and that shows in the 62uc. Can you cope with these grown men with the behaviours they display ? Should he be at home subjecting you to his anger ? I don't think so.

Obviously I can't diagnose autism or anything else but it does appear to me, considering a number of your threads that there is something wrong where they need more help than you can give them.

Have you had outside help with this ?

I think it's all too much for you and you must be very careful now in how much you take on.

I'm also very sorry you have had a difficult Christmas, such a shame when you have put the effort in.

Hepzibah

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear All, its the same son and there is something going on Aspergers I think but he won't accept or take outside help yet. it was a typo - I meant he is living away from home but came home from Christmas. he says he is angry at home but not away. I have gotten outside help for me but he will not as yet accept outside help. I really do like the reading about hex 62 uc with all the appetites and passions outside of the psyche - its like the Shen is scattered to the 4 winds. this is what it feels like to me is happening . he often says that he suffered greatly at the hands of a bully (psychological not physical ) and this is the root of the anger. I asked yi what the best approach with sons anger: reading 54.2.3 to 55. the heroes constantcy could be son as he spends a lot of time alone and feels restful because of this. its people that stress him out. .3 seeems to say wait and things will work out. abundance is the relating hex which seems positive...

Hepzibah

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
a sports tutor he had some time back made contact with him to suggest further coaching. this tutor was an amazing mentor. I asked yi will this help and got: 60.4 to 58 - I know measuring means limits but the moving line does seem encouraging.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).