...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The strange video thread

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

But really, Trojina, stay out of the back alleys of YouTube, which are apparently like the back alleys of anywhere (not that I would know, of course )

What would be interesting, though, and more informative and helpful, would be to ask Yi about it. Trojina, since you started this?
    I don't think I want to ask Yi, don't feel the need I just felt like sharing the video and thought people might share their own weird youtube videos although you are right we could end up down some very dark alleys. I love watching youtube I watch tons of youtube I am a youtube junkie but I often watch quite silly things. Correction really silly things but for me that's my mental relaxation.

This particular video is part of a fairly respectable series called erm ...have to check ah yes it's called 'Only Human' and seems to cover some quite extreme mental states.

Oh also we know our own dear leader has admitted she is a Labrador and I think that's genuine.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

And I will meow and purr to my cats (god knows what if anything I'm saying to them - I should probably hope it's utter gibberish )

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Simba here -

Hi Simba, Tigger here, actually I had a boyfriend once who called me that.

Somewhat true, but I know quite a few 'hippie' parents who have raised solid, functioning 'human' children.

Oh yes for sure I was over generalising .

I mean it's not too surprising if your mum is a shaman to sort of take it one step further to confound her - quite clever actually like he's playing her at her own game.

I chalk it up to a generation raised on social media, the internet, "Twilight" and "The Lion King."

I've never seen either of those I was raised on Jungle Book I had the album, I can still sing the Bear Necessities forget about your worries and your strife yeah man I mean those simple bear necessities of life....

Also, I watched another video where a young woman (or she-animal) explained about being a 'therian' and every third sentence was something like, "... and I don't care what you think," or "... if you don't like it, too bad," which spoke volumes to me about what this is really all about. I grew my hair long, listened to rock music and smoked pot to rebel; they are deciding to become animals.
    Yes though they didn't strike me a rebellious.

I do not dismiss this at all, but only when it's real. Animals and animal-human transformation and interactions have been a part of different cultures for thousands of years.

Yes and I also believe our whole connection to animals is changing as part of our physical and spiritual evolution. We are only mammals not so far away from animal consciousness and they not so far from ours. I didn't wholly disbelieve the boy when he spoke of his memories as a panther.

For example, from the First Nations tribe, the Haida - whose homeland is southern Alaska and Haida Gwaii, formerly the Queen Charlotte Islands off the west coast of BC.

The mythology of the Haida, like that of other tribes on the central and northern coast, is based on the epic cycle of stories about the Raven and his various exploits. The Raven is truly a trickster who liberates humankind from a clamshell, then in one story sets the universe in order, only to threaten it with chaos in the next. The Raven is the most greedy, mischievous and lecherous creature imaginable, but almost without meaning to, teaches humans the arts of living a good life.

Most Haida objects are decorated with crests - figures of animals, birds, sea creatures and mythic beings - that immediately identify the moiety [i.e clans] (Raven or Eagle) and often the lineage of the owner. On a more subtle level the placement of a crest figure, and especially the smaller figures attached to its ears, chest or mouth, refer to a specific myth involving that crest.

And this sculpture by the late Bill Reid, famous Haida artist:
    Attachment 2016
    Spirit of Haida Gwaii, the Black Canoe, sculpture by Bill Reid in bronze, outside the Canadian Embassy in Washington DC (there is also a "jade" version at the Vancouver BC airport.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes and oh ravens and crows I started a thread on those once must find it

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Some people like to be the center of attention, and saying, "I'm a cat!"
    or "I reject your labels" this gets them lots of attention and a platform to talk about their favorite things:
    themselves and their obsessions.
    Yes but I just didn't get the impression those boys were attention seekers somehow. They seemed quite low key really. The wolf couple in the UK if you got that far seemed more attention seeking.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trojina View Post
    Hi Simba, Tigger here, ... I've never seen either of those I was raised on Jungle Book I had the album, I can still sing the Bear Necessities forget about your worries and your strife yeah man I mean those simple bear necessities of life....
    And all I have to say to that is ...

Ooh-bi-doo, I wan'na be like you
    I want to walk like you, talk like you, too
    You see it's true, an ape like me
    Can learn to be like you, too ...

... I grew up on Johnny Quest, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Tooter Turtle (and Mr. Wizard), Lost in Space, and a host of others; and at various times I wanted to be and played at being an astronaut/space adventurer, viking, undersea explorer, black bluesman, and a few other things - sometimes mixing them together (viking astronaut? undersea space explorer - well maybe), but I didn't then really believe that I was a viking or space explorer.

I suspect that for some there is a very serious escapist aspect to this: "if I could just become something, anything other than myself - or be in any other life or body than mine - then my life would be okay." That is a wholly human reaction, and perhaps understandable in some cases, but it don't make it so.

Yes though they didn't strike me a rebellious.
    It sure sounded that way to me (and it was a different video).

Yes and I also believe our whole connection to animals is changing as part of our physical and spiritual evolution.
    Well, I just don't know. In the Buddhist tradition being born in a human body - possibly after countless lifetimes wandering as other types of beings - is considered a precious gift, even more so than being a deva (akin to angels) or a god.

I certainly see that our 'connections' are changing, in that we can begin to see our place as being 'with' and not 'above' other species (in the same way that no race is above another), but I do not think it includes 'morphing' into another creature. Even in anamist traditions where shamans can take on or become the spirits of animals, they don't permanently become animals, and always return to their human form - and they certainly don't get to pick their tails based on a personal preference!

Best, D.
    Last edited by Freedda; February 7th, 2019 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Ooh-bi-doo, I wan'na be like you
    I want to walk like you, talk like you, too
    You see it's true, an ape like me
    Can learn to be like you, too ...

ooh bi doo

I grew up on Johnny Quest, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Tooter Turtle (and Mr. Wizard), Lost in Space, and a host of others; and at various times I wanted to be and played at being an astronaut/space adventurer, viking, undersea explorer, black bluesman, and a few other things - sometimes mixing them together (viking astronaut? undersea space explorer - well maybe), but I didn't then really believe that I was a viking or space explorer.

Same generation different country so don't recognize any of these, think I was only ever a princess in a table cloth.

I suspect that for some there is a very serious escapist aspect to this: "if I could just become something, anything other than myself - or be in any other life or body than mine - then my life would be okay." That is a wholly human reaction, and perhaps understandable in some cases, but it don't make it so.

Yes I think perhaps a majority of things like this are escapism but I have seen plenty of documentaries on kids who recall past lives to the extent they go back to the village they lived in in their last life and recognize their own wife and so on.

If someone I met said to me they could remember being an animal I wouldn't find it so far fetched in that if reincarnation exists then why wouldn't one remember now and then.

But of course these people in video aren't just remembering but trying to relive their alleged past and I don't think the idea is one should try to go back to who one was before.
    They aren't just remembering but trying to incorporate their animal selves into current life as an identity thing.

Well, I just don't know. In the Buddhist tradition being born in a human body - possibly after countless lifetimes wandering as other types of beings - is considered a precious gift, even more so than being a deva (akin to angels) or a god.

I certainly see that our 'connections' are changing, in that we can begin to see our place as being 'with' and not 'above' other species (in the same way that no race is above another), but I do not think it includes 'morphing' into another creature. Even in anamist traditions where shamans can take on or become the spirits of animals, they don't permanently become animals, and always return to their human form - and they certainly don't get to pick their tails based on a personal preference!

Quite.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

ooh bi doo
    Yes, and I suppose if we were growing up now it would be ...

Hakuna matata! What a wonderful phrase!
    Hakuna matata! Ain't no passing craze!
    It means no worries, for the rest of your days...

... or some such thing.

Yes I think perhaps a majority of things like this are escapism but I have seen plenty of documentaries on kids who recall past lives ... and recognize their own wife and so on .... If someone I met said to me they could remember being an animal I wouldn't find it so far fetched in that if reincarnation exists then why wouldn't one remember now and then ... But of course these people in video aren't just remembering but trying to relive their alleged past and I don't think the idea is one should try to go back to who one was before ... They aren't just remembering but trying to incorporate their animal selves into current life as an identity thing.
    I don't disagree on any particular point. It's only that I believe that it happens far, far, less than people think, or would have us believe. I believe that if a whole general of young people had never seen "Twilight" or read about past lives or animal spirits, that we'd hardly ever see this happening.

I grew up in Northern California at the tail end of the hippie era and people were making all kinds of claims then (I even had a guru for a while, starting in my late teens). Most of it was BS. And a lot of it was about greed and control and simple rebellion.

On the other hand, it's supposed to snow tomorrow and again on Monday, with forecasts saying we might get the most snow we've had since 1990. We are not used to it here, and not really prepared to deal with it - so it's a big deal. But I did tell one of my co-workers that it would sure be a good time to put on my wolf coat and have a well-maintained wolf tail to keep me company while I'm snowed in at my home!

Best, David.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2