PDA

View Full Version : "The Trigrams of Han" by Steve More- Where to get it???

cristian
October 12th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Dear Members

The above book with the sub title "The inner structure of I Ching" is out of print and I could not even find it secondhand on www.abebooks.com I wonder if somebody has a online copy of it?
I would also like somebody who has the book add their comments.

Regards

Cristian

cheiron
October 12th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Hi

Do not give up!

I found a copy of Nigel Richmond?s Book ? took me over a year. I used Google advanced search ?find exact phrase? and put the title in? Week after week after week!

I found Steve Moore?s book difficult but illuminating?

I could not find a web version using Google? but you might with an FTTP search tool.

Here is a link to a brief comment on it http://www.yijing.btinternet.co.uk/survey.htm

--Kevin

bradford_h
October 12th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Hi Cristian-
You have to stay on the ABE Want List to find it.
After waitig a year and a half, I suddenly got two, and then sold one back to Steve Moore himself.
Outside of the Biroco website, I'm sure it's also discussed in the Moore/Hacker/Patsco Bibliography,
a good book to have access to (but I'm hoping for a more current edition some day soon).
I wasn't as impressed with it as I'd hoped to be,
although I found it useful enough to be well worth reading. His speculation wasn't all that well backed up, or acknowledged as speculation.
b

cristian
October 13th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Hi Cheiron and Brad

Thanks for your advice. In the meantime I have a lot of other books to study.

Regards

Cristian

jen_ai_sec
March 27th, 2005, 08:29 AM
if anyone interested in steve moore's hardcover book, "trigrams of han". checked out amazon.com, has... 2 used copies for $42 & 52.5 now

ren

jen ai sec

hilary
March 27th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Thank you!

And if anyone is interested in his continued ideas on the structure of the King Wen sequence... he is occasionally bringing out new 'Oracle papers': in-depth Yi essays by various authors, in print. So far there are two: one by him, one (partly a response to his) by Stephen Karcher. You can get these for ?2/ $5 incl p&p (payable to 'The Oracle') from
The Oracle,
7, Hillend,
Shooters Hill,
London
SE 18 3NH
UK

jerryd
March 29th, 2005, 03:51 AM
I would like opinions on a purchase I made of the book by Taoist Master Alfred Huang "The Complete I Ching" The Definitive Translation. Is it reviewed someplace on Clarity and any comments anyone would like to make about it's contents.