...life can be translucent

Menu

Okay to give up? 2.5 > 8

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
I have been very tired for a long time now and I can't sleep anymore. I am always stressed out about life and stressed out about getting older and being single. Seems as though hope is the thing that keeps me going but I feel that it is hope that is letting me down. It's been busier than hell at work and I amd so wound up at night that I don't sleep much and it is really killing me. Like right now it is 2:30 am and I have to be up at 6. I feel like I just want to give up on my hopes for better things in life and just not think anymore, just go home after work and have a few drinks and watch tv and sleep.
So I asked thed the Yi: "I am tired. Is is ok to give up?"
and I got 2.5 > 8.
Any opinions my friends?

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
0073.jpg

I am not skilled enough to answer on your hex, but after reading your post I immediatly thought about this picture.

Hope you feel better soon.

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
Hey thanks. Everyday I go home to an empty room and i have this intense feeling of urgency about my life not being where I want it to be and it really stresses me out. As for the reading, I don;t understand it either. I often feel that the YI tell you the current and shifting energies regardless of your question.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Hi

I think Yi counsels you in this cast to hold yourself together (8) and realise that your thoughts shape your life (2.5) and that you can be satisfied with less if you chose to be (i.e. you are stressing yourself, nobody is doing it for you). Basically Yi is saying that it is OK to give up stressing :rofl:

I do know the feeling..

From other things you said, however, I would also suggest you take a look at this: http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/adrenal-fatigue-diet in case it can be of help.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
2.5 is a very good line. Be content with what you have achieved, for you are already in the best possible position. You have a responsible position but are not handling the stress of it very well. I hope the stress lets up shortly so that you can have a breather.

I would follow up on the dietary link provided by Precision Grace and any other recommendations to be made by other people, because you sound like you could use some fine tuning about how you manage your energy.

Also, happiness (as opposed to exhaustion) is a decision we make every day and is not related to external circumstances. Even as I write this, I realize how odd it seems, given the way we have all been taught to strive, work hard, and hope to be happy in the future . . . a future that never arrives. My heart goes out to you.
:)

wind

visitor
Reaction score
I have been very tired for a long time now and I can't sleep anymore. I am always stressed out about life and stressed out about getting older and being single. Seems as though hope is the thing that keeps me going but I feel that it is hope that is letting me down. It's been busier than hell at work and I amd so wound up at night that I don't sleep much and it is really killing me. Like right now it is 2:30 am and I have to be up at 6. I feel like I just want to give up on my hopes for better things in life and just not think anymore, just go home after work and have a few drinks and watch tv and sleep.
So I asked thed the Yi: "I am tired. Is is ok to give up?"
and I got 2.5 > 8.
Any opinions my friends?
It's never ok to give up. This is your life and you need to make it what you want it to be. This is not something the Yi can tell you. It's what you need to do and believe with every grain of hope you have. Talk to a doctor about your lack of sleep. I bet once you get some real rest, you'll be able to focus better on what you want.

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks wind,

Doctor's give you addictive sleeping pills mostly. I've had insomnia since childhood. Yeah, after being too sleep deprived sometimes I just conk out and sleep for like 8 or 9 hours really deeply and when I wake up I am much less stressed.
I am what you call determinist. I don't believe my fate is in my hands. But then some say it's not the destination but how you get there. I do know that I have been struggling for many years in all areas and I am seriously feeling disempowered.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I really liked this answer, 2.5 , to this question. I took it that this is not giving up through hopelessness but actually giving up constant self harrassment about what you have and haven't got and what you think you should and shouldn't have in your life. What a relief just to live day by day, take it as it comes, stop stressing about partners and life direction and all that....and just do what you are you are doing . 2.5 says to me that's a very good idea. It seems simple and it is. It's modest. It gives you a break. Many make themselves unecessarily unhappy by perpetually making comparisons with the live sof others or the lives they see in advertisements and films and so on.....but what's your is yours so in this instance, in the sense you mean giving up here i think it sounds a good idea. For the time being accepting things as they are is a good direction for you looking at 2.5.

I think determinism is a philosopy that surely will make any life feel quite pointless. If it's all predetermined why would anyone consult Yi ? Infact you can't really believe life is pre determined because you ask "is it okay to give up ?" and in that question hides a choice. Your question IMO is a way of saying 'can i stop this struggling ?' 2.5 says 'yes' , make it simple, keep it modest. Too much striving and fretting right now is no good for you. Aceeptance is a good path for now....not for ever but for now it is

P

peterg

yellow apron 2.5

Years ago I got this line not long before a hard dental extraction. Bear in mind I had bad teeth and something of a dental phobia. And still have. I read the line as a general encouragment.You can do this.You can get through this.
I needed that because the dentist was busy and he took the short route, saying to his assistant, 'skewer'.

A few days afterwards I saw this girl I kind of fancied. She was leaning over a bicycle and through a car window talking to someone. Long yellow hair and wearing a bright yellow jacket. Very striking image.
I took that as a kind of reinforcement of the sign in the line.

This line feels like you are being awarded the yellow jacket which I think was awarded to people in traditional China as a sign of meritorious achievement, but about that I dont know a lot.

Take a look at this thread on insomnia.
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?16060-Pills-for-sleeping

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
thank you peter but I don't really understand what you are trying to say. How and why would I be rewarded with a yellow gown? I have done nothing to get that.

P

peterg

I was just reading up on the yellow jacket, at last. Its from fairly recent times and was awarded to few people, as a sign of merit and favour.But if I cast this line I feel ''as if '' I was awarded the yellow jacket.That I think has a psychological value.
Perhaps just living out our everyday life and completing the pattern of our life here and now , where we achieve goals, find the moderate ' yellow ' centre, avoid extremes, do what needs to be done ,and do the very best we can, is fulfilling our spiritual mission in life, and so has merit in it, that we often lose sight of.Or might only fully understand at the end of the journey.
Its a hard question. Maybe one for the oracle.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).