...life can be translucent

Menu

relationship question(s) and my interpretation

salvia

visitor
Reaction score
I cast a few hexagrams some days ago and have been thinking about them since. I think I'm starting to understand them. Comments welcome :)

I will write a description of the situaton first, but you can easily skip this and read just the readings.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I met a man at work. (This is a different man than the one I was writing about in the last thread. Nothing happened there and I just let it be.) He is very interesting, intelligent and nice, but there's also things that make me cautious. He is significantly older than me. Although I don't really believe that that matters much, I already was in a few relationships with a big age difference and I know what that means - people are less willing to adapt their set ways. After my last break up, I decided never to enter into a relationship with a big age gap again. The other thing is, he has some habits I don't like. I'm afraid I'd start to convince him to stop smoking so much etc. He has a child from a previous marriage - not really a problem per se but still one more circumstance that can complicate matters. He also has a girlfriend but I got the feeling it's not a significant relationship. He didn't say it but one can feel these things.

Well, simply said, it obviously looks like a very bad idea to pursue anything with this man.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyways, these are my readings, I cast the hexagrams four days ago:

1. what would our relationship be like?

hex. 40.4.5 --> 29

2. please, give an advice about him

hex. 62.5 --> 31

3. how does he feel about me

20.3 --> 53

My interpretation:

The first reading was a bit disappointing at first. I saw 29 and panicked. But now, after thinking about it for a while, and reading this: http://onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2011/12/10/hexagram-29-repeating-chasms/
I am starting to see this answer differently, not as a description of what the relationship will be like, but as an advice. I think hex. 40 is saying that I should not have any other options open (such as the man in the previous thread). I am in a kind of an unique situation that I've never been in before in my life, I am looking for a partner and seeing many options. Before, relationships would just happen to me and it would always be just a question of wanting to be with the man or not, but now I sort of have to decide. I think this hex. wants to tell me to think about all the options, so that if I go for this relationship, I won't be thinking "perhaps if...".
The moving lines I don't quite understand. Perhaps they also mean these other people. Or perhapy my ex with whom I am now a friend but maybe the new man won't tolerate that. Or perhaps it tells of the fact this attraction is the one to let go. I don't know.
I think 29 means that I am full of fear of what could go wrong (based on previous experiences) but that I should still act and it will be good to do so.

The second reading (62.5 --> 31) probably means, I shouldn't pursue but do only small things and let myself be pursued. The third (20.3 --> 53) I understand thus: he is thinking of what to do and is aware of the responsibility of his actions. He wants to move slow and do things the right way.

These last two readings are, I think, positive. The first one ... Could be read also completely differently.

Or perhaps I am completely wrong about all of them and this potential relationship could be a complete disaster ending in great danger and me escaping like water. :)

Last edited:

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
1. what would our relationship be like? hex. 40.4.5 --> 29
Both lines say - please don't do this. Liberate yourself from him (40), or else (29)

Wilhelm:
4. Deliverance from your big toe. Then the companion comes along and you can trust him.
5. If only the noble can escape, this brings good fortune. He shows to the common person that he is earnest.

Allow your 'special one' to come to you, don't choose yourself whom to follow. Trust your intuition (your companion and friend).

About 2nd and 3rd questions I agree with your interpretation.
62.5 says no rain from dense clouds, you are shooting in the dark. Like it will be a waste of time.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).