Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a quick question for the experts. Sometimes, a line indicates that you can either act the right way or the wrong way. It tells you which action will bring fortune and which action will bring misfortune. From a personal perspective, it's relatively easy. However, when it relates to someone else's actions, I find it harder to read.
Here's an example which I think really demonstrates my point:
Hexagram 58, line 4: "Often a man finds himself weighing the choice between various kinds of pleasures, and so long as he has not decided which kind he will choose, the higher or the lower, he has no inner peace. Only when he clearly recognizes that passion brings suffering, can he make up his mind to turn away from the lower pleasures and to strive for the higher. Once this decision is sealed, he finds true joy and peace, and inner conflict is overcome."
The person here needs to make a choice, either right or wrong. It doesn't specifically states that the right or wrong action is going to be taken. It just states that a choice needs to be made. If the question implies my own actions, it's easy. But what if the question implies someone else's actions? How can I know that this person's going to do either the right action or the wrong action? Can you see this with the second hexagram? Does the second hexagram give insight on the other person's possible actions since it talks about the outcome?
I'm trying to improve my reading and to learn where I make mistakes. I still have problems when it comes to that issue. Maybe that's not the type of questions I should ask? If you guys could give me your point of view on that, I would really appreciated. :bows:
I have a quick question for the experts. Sometimes, a line indicates that you can either act the right way or the wrong way. It tells you which action will bring fortune and which action will bring misfortune. From a personal perspective, it's relatively easy. However, when it relates to someone else's actions, I find it harder to read.
Here's an example which I think really demonstrates my point:
Hexagram 58, line 4: "Often a man finds himself weighing the choice between various kinds of pleasures, and so long as he has not decided which kind he will choose, the higher or the lower, he has no inner peace. Only when he clearly recognizes that passion brings suffering, can he make up his mind to turn away from the lower pleasures and to strive for the higher. Once this decision is sealed, he finds true joy and peace, and inner conflict is overcome."
The person here needs to make a choice, either right or wrong. It doesn't specifically states that the right or wrong action is going to be taken. It just states that a choice needs to be made. If the question implies my own actions, it's easy. But what if the question implies someone else's actions? How can I know that this person's going to do either the right action or the wrong action? Can you see this with the second hexagram? Does the second hexagram give insight on the other person's possible actions since it talks about the outcome?
I'm trying to improve my reading and to learn where I make mistakes. I still have problems when it comes to that issue. Maybe that's not the type of questions I should ask? If you guys could give me your point of view on that, I would really appreciated. :bows: