Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
Hey Everyone, I'm new to the community. Eager to see what this is all about!
Tonight I did a reading after hearing back from a major publishing company that rejected my second memoir; they published my first. They said the book was well written, amazing like the first, a really glowing review, but they said it would be too hard to sell a memoir right now. They said they would be interested in other projects. I wrote back pitching a few other projects, both of which are easily more mass marketable but not quite as close to my heart as memoir--the editor seems interested. In the meantime I might be looking to shop my rejected memoir elsewhere--perhaps a small publishing company. Everything feels up in the air, and I obviously feel very humbled by the entire thing. Who am I without the next achievement in my life? I feel thankful for the perspective offered, and so the reading tonight made sense in the first hexagram: 20--the perspective of the watchtower. I sighed and felt warm inside.
Then I got hexagram 6 second--conflict. I'm not sure what to make of this part of the reading. I'm thinking about conflict, possibly, between my old agent and someone new..a conflict within about what to do? Maybe (and this is lame) my girlfriend won't like me as much when she sees that my new book was rejected? My pride hurts at the moment, but it also feels like a pressure is off me somehow...so the second part of the reading confuses me...
Any thoughts would be welcome!
Oh, and the lines that change are the second and the fourth. The in between line reads observe the leader first hand to determine the worthiness of his cause.
Thanks! --nightwriter
Tonight I did a reading after hearing back from a major publishing company that rejected my second memoir; they published my first. They said the book was well written, amazing like the first, a really glowing review, but they said it would be too hard to sell a memoir right now. They said they would be interested in other projects. I wrote back pitching a few other projects, both of which are easily more mass marketable but not quite as close to my heart as memoir--the editor seems interested. In the meantime I might be looking to shop my rejected memoir elsewhere--perhaps a small publishing company. Everything feels up in the air, and I obviously feel very humbled by the entire thing. Who am I without the next achievement in my life? I feel thankful for the perspective offered, and so the reading tonight made sense in the first hexagram: 20--the perspective of the watchtower. I sighed and felt warm inside.
Then I got hexagram 6 second--conflict. I'm not sure what to make of this part of the reading. I'm thinking about conflict, possibly, between my old agent and someone new..a conflict within about what to do? Maybe (and this is lame) my girlfriend won't like me as much when she sees that my new book was rejected? My pride hurts at the moment, but it also feels like a pressure is off me somehow...so the second part of the reading confuses me...
Any thoughts would be welcome!
Oh, and the lines that change are the second and the fourth. The in between line reads observe the leader first hand to determine the worthiness of his cause.
Thanks! --nightwriter