Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
B
blue_angel
Guest
I am not sure if this thread already exists, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread where everyone can add books they have read that have inspired them. Whether the books gave good insights and encouraged your growth or the books promoted self healing and empowered you. Perhaps through sharing these books we will encourage ourselves to continue to grow and support each other through that growth. I will start with a few books that have inspired me on my journey.
1. Oh The Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss
Yes, this a children's book, one I have read to my own children, but I feel the book is so inspiring and self empowering, encouraging growth for anyone who chooses to read it.
2. Change Your Thoughts, Change Your life by Dr.Wayne Dyer
To get an idea about this book you can watch this seminar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqecaHjl73s
I have found this to be very inspiring and found this during my study and research of The Tao Te Ching.
3. The Miracle Of Being Mindful by Thich Nhat Hanh
This book was a stepping stone for me, as I guess they all are in one way or another. The teaching of the book is to learn how to be in the present moment and be mindful in each moment.
4. The 5 Languages Of Love by Dr. Gary Chapman
I love this book and find it very insightful in how we relate to ourselves and others. Chapman claims in his studies he has found, we each have our own love language. Chapman teaches how to recognize your own love language and the language of other important people in your life. Whether it be your partner, your children, friends, or family members.
5. The Field by Lynn Mc Taggart
I appreciated many points this book makes about how our minds and energetic fields are connected. The part for me that was of particular interest, is when Mc Taggart speaks of the ancestors beliefs, such as the Native Americans.
It is said how one tribe would gather each morning and share their dreams in a gathered circle. They did this because they believed the dreams were not necessarily their own but connected to each other. Another words, I may have a dream tonight that may predict what may happen tomorrow, but that dream may not be for me. It may be for another family member, and vice versa. The book goes on to explain and show different examples of research on the connection of our minds and energy as humanity. Very interesting.
6. The Honeymoon Effect by Bruce H. Lipton Ph.D
This book inspired me on so many levels, in so many different ways. Each one of these books I will list has opened new doors for me. This book however, I feel brought all of the previous books together like puzzle pieces that fit into a greater whole. But with this book I will share some of my own personal experience. Through sharing some of my own intimate experience, I invite you to share your own.
A part of the book, (emphasis on part), because there are many parts. However, a part of the book speaks of how a child the age of 7 and below, downloads information of their environment to help them survive. It is said this information from in the womb to 7, goes into our sub-conscious mind as facts. Like data or programs into a computer. This is partly due to a child before this age not being able to decipher or use discernment. Some of those facts are useful and some are not. The point I got out of it, is to find those facts which no longer help you, and to reprogram those facts.
As an example, of my own... before the age of 7, I believed my family did not love me. My mother in particular. There were nights and days spent locked in a room of which I would cry, rock myself, and repeat "why does she hate me? Why doesn't she love me?"
Now the example Lipton gives is of a little boy before the age of 7, that's father tells him "You are bad." The boy is not able to decipher that dad is just having a bad day, and my current actions have annoyed him further, but in reality he loves me. Rather, the boy downloads as a fact "I am bad", and unworthy of love. Now, the things my own mother told me were much worse, at such a young age I was being called a "b***h", a "motherf****r", a "wh**e". If I had downloaded this as facts, you would see the obvious of why it would be so important to change those beliefs.
Lipton goes in deep psychologically, scientifically, and spiritually. He shows how our conscious minds work as well as our sub conscious minds. How the sub conscious mind can over power the conscious mind and how to bring them together. As an example, you may tell yourself "I am worthy of love". Your conscious mind believes this and this belief comes from your own aspirations and creativity BUT if there is a pre-downloaded program within your sub conscious mind, one that does not agree or believe this to be true, you must find that limiting, negative belief, and reprogram it. Lipton shows how you can not do this by simply stating "I am worthy of love". He shows how our minds are trained by habit. An example he gives is how we learned addition or multiplication. We repeat until memorized. We form a habit. So the idea is to find those hidden, self defeating, beliefs. Recognize them, dissolve them, and reprogram with beliefs that fit with your current reality and aspirations.
I found the book enlightening to say the least.
I hope you will join me here and share the books that have inspired you on your journey.
With love, :hugs:
Blue_Angel
1. Oh The Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss
Yes, this a children's book, one I have read to my own children, but I feel the book is so inspiring and self empowering, encouraging growth for anyone who chooses to read it.
2. Change Your Thoughts, Change Your life by Dr.Wayne Dyer
To get an idea about this book you can watch this seminar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqecaHjl73s
I have found this to be very inspiring and found this during my study and research of The Tao Te Ching.
3. The Miracle Of Being Mindful by Thich Nhat Hanh
This book was a stepping stone for me, as I guess they all are in one way or another. The teaching of the book is to learn how to be in the present moment and be mindful in each moment.
4. The 5 Languages Of Love by Dr. Gary Chapman
I love this book and find it very insightful in how we relate to ourselves and others. Chapman claims in his studies he has found, we each have our own love language. Chapman teaches how to recognize your own love language and the language of other important people in your life. Whether it be your partner, your children, friends, or family members.
5. The Field by Lynn Mc Taggart
I appreciated many points this book makes about how our minds and energetic fields are connected. The part for me that was of particular interest, is when Mc Taggart speaks of the ancestors beliefs, such as the Native Americans.
It is said how one tribe would gather each morning and share their dreams in a gathered circle. They did this because they believed the dreams were not necessarily their own but connected to each other. Another words, I may have a dream tonight that may predict what may happen tomorrow, but that dream may not be for me. It may be for another family member, and vice versa. The book goes on to explain and show different examples of research on the connection of our minds and energy as humanity. Very interesting.
6. The Honeymoon Effect by Bruce H. Lipton Ph.D
This book inspired me on so many levels, in so many different ways. Each one of these books I will list has opened new doors for me. This book however, I feel brought all of the previous books together like puzzle pieces that fit into a greater whole. But with this book I will share some of my own personal experience. Through sharing some of my own intimate experience, I invite you to share your own.
A part of the book, (emphasis on part), because there are many parts. However, a part of the book speaks of how a child the age of 7 and below, downloads information of their environment to help them survive. It is said this information from in the womb to 7, goes into our sub-conscious mind as facts. Like data or programs into a computer. This is partly due to a child before this age not being able to decipher or use discernment. Some of those facts are useful and some are not. The point I got out of it, is to find those facts which no longer help you, and to reprogram those facts.
As an example, of my own... before the age of 7, I believed my family did not love me. My mother in particular. There were nights and days spent locked in a room of which I would cry, rock myself, and repeat "why does she hate me? Why doesn't she love me?"
Now the example Lipton gives is of a little boy before the age of 7, that's father tells him "You are bad." The boy is not able to decipher that dad is just having a bad day, and my current actions have annoyed him further, but in reality he loves me. Rather, the boy downloads as a fact "I am bad", and unworthy of love. Now, the things my own mother told me were much worse, at such a young age I was being called a "b***h", a "motherf****r", a "wh**e". If I had downloaded this as facts, you would see the obvious of why it would be so important to change those beliefs.
Lipton goes in deep psychologically, scientifically, and spiritually. He shows how our conscious minds work as well as our sub conscious minds. How the sub conscious mind can over power the conscious mind and how to bring them together. As an example, you may tell yourself "I am worthy of love". Your conscious mind believes this and this belief comes from your own aspirations and creativity BUT if there is a pre-downloaded program within your sub conscious mind, one that does not agree or believe this to be true, you must find that limiting, negative belief, and reprogram it. Lipton shows how you can not do this by simply stating "I am worthy of love". He shows how our minds are trained by habit. An example he gives is how we learned addition or multiplication. We repeat until memorized. We form a habit. So the idea is to find those hidden, self defeating, beliefs. Recognize them, dissolve them, and reprogram with beliefs that fit with your current reality and aspirations.
I found the book enlightening to say the least.
I hope you will join me here and share the books that have inspired you on your journey.
With love, :hugs:
Blue_Angel
