Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
I cast a few hexagrams some days ago and have been thinking about them since. I think I'm starting to understand them. Comments welcome
I will write a description of the situaton first, but you can easily skip this and read just the readings.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I met a man at work. (This is a different man than the one I was writing about in the last thread. Nothing happened there and I just let it be.) He is very interesting, intelligent and nice, but there's also things that make me cautious. He is significantly older than me. Although I don't really believe that that matters much, I already was in a few relationships with a big age difference and I know what that means - people are less willing to adapt their set ways. After my last break up, I decided never to enter into a relationship with a big age gap again. The other thing is, he has some habits I don't like. I'm afraid I'd start to convince him to stop smoking so much etc. He has a child from a previous marriage - not really a problem per se but still one more circumstance that can complicate matters. He also has a girlfriend but I got the feeling it's not a significant relationship. He didn't say it but one can feel these things.
Well, simply said, it obviously looks like a very bad idea to pursue anything with this man.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyways, these are my readings, I cast the hexagrams four days ago:
1. what would our relationship be like?
hex. 40.4.5 --> 29
2. please, give an advice about him
hex. 62.5 --> 31
3. how does he feel about me
20.3 --> 53
My interpretation:
The first reading was a bit disappointing at first. I saw 29 and panicked. But now, after thinking about it for a while, and reading this: http://onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2011/12/10/hexagram-29-repeating-chasms/
I am starting to see this answer differently, not as a description of what the relationship will be like, but as an advice. I think hex. 40 is saying that I should not have any other options open (such as the man in the previous thread). I am in a kind of an unique situation that I've never been in before in my life, I am looking for a partner and seeing many options. Before, relationships would just happen to me and it would always be just a question of wanting to be with the man or not, but now I sort of have to decide. I think this hex. wants to tell me to think about all the options, so that if I go for this relationship, I won't be thinking "perhaps if...".
The moving lines I don't quite understand. Perhaps they also mean these other people. Or perhapy my ex with whom I am now a friend but maybe the new man won't tolerate that. Or perhaps it tells of the fact this attraction is the one to let go. I don't know.
I think 29 means that I am full of fear of what could go wrong (based on previous experiences) but that I should still act and it will be good to do so.
The second reading (62.5 --> 31) probably means, I shouldn't pursue but do only small things and let myself be pursued. The third (20.3 --> 53) I understand thus: he is thinking of what to do and is aware of the responsibility of his actions. He wants to move slow and do things the right way.
These last two readings are, I think, positive. The first one ... Could be read also completely differently.
Or perhaps I am completely wrong about all of them and this potential relationship could be a complete disaster ending in great danger and me escaping like water.
I will write a description of the situaton first, but you can easily skip this and read just the readings.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I met a man at work. (This is a different man than the one I was writing about in the last thread. Nothing happened there and I just let it be.) He is very interesting, intelligent and nice, but there's also things that make me cautious. He is significantly older than me. Although I don't really believe that that matters much, I already was in a few relationships with a big age difference and I know what that means - people are less willing to adapt their set ways. After my last break up, I decided never to enter into a relationship with a big age gap again. The other thing is, he has some habits I don't like. I'm afraid I'd start to convince him to stop smoking so much etc. He has a child from a previous marriage - not really a problem per se but still one more circumstance that can complicate matters. He also has a girlfriend but I got the feeling it's not a significant relationship. He didn't say it but one can feel these things.
Well, simply said, it obviously looks like a very bad idea to pursue anything with this man.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyways, these are my readings, I cast the hexagrams four days ago:
1. what would our relationship be like?
hex. 40.4.5 --> 29
2. please, give an advice about him
hex. 62.5 --> 31
3. how does he feel about me
20.3 --> 53
My interpretation:
The first reading was a bit disappointing at first. I saw 29 and panicked. But now, after thinking about it for a while, and reading this: http://onlineclarity.co.uk/answers/2011/12/10/hexagram-29-repeating-chasms/
I am starting to see this answer differently, not as a description of what the relationship will be like, but as an advice. I think hex. 40 is saying that I should not have any other options open (such as the man in the previous thread). I am in a kind of an unique situation that I've never been in before in my life, I am looking for a partner and seeing many options. Before, relationships would just happen to me and it would always be just a question of wanting to be with the man or not, but now I sort of have to decide. I think this hex. wants to tell me to think about all the options, so that if I go for this relationship, I won't be thinking "perhaps if...".
The moving lines I don't quite understand. Perhaps they also mean these other people. Or perhapy my ex with whom I am now a friend but maybe the new man won't tolerate that. Or perhaps it tells of the fact this attraction is the one to let go. I don't know.
I think 29 means that I am full of fear of what could go wrong (based on previous experiences) but that I should still act and it will be good to do so.
The second reading (62.5 --> 31) probably means, I shouldn't pursue but do only small things and let myself be pursued. The third (20.3 --> 53) I understand thus: he is thinking of what to do and is aware of the responsibility of his actions. He wants to move slow and do things the right way.
These last two readings are, I think, positive. The first one ... Could be read also completely differently.
Or perhaps I am completely wrong about all of them and this potential relationship could be a complete disaster ending in great danger and me escaping like water.
Last edited: