Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
In my 25 years of consulting the i ching - (yes its me anon) one of my major problems has been getting very despondent when I have received really miserable hexagrams like 47 and 23, and really gruesome moving lines. This was particularly a problem when I was very young. Later I realised its just the language/interpretation that can make it so gruesome. I know for example, that having ones nose cut off (line 3, hexagram 38)is likley to mean no more than some humiliation, but still it does affect me. I would like to know peoples opinions and feelings about when they have received very grim readings. Recently when I have asked about the necessity of moving house I have often received 56, line 6 moving. I really don't want to burn my own nest. Actually as I am writing this a more positive message is occuring to me....Often though I have got very stuck and despondent about negative lines - often they have made me feel quite doomed. I realise this is quite a passive attitude, and would like to know if others sometimes feel like this, or, how they try to use negative lines in a helpful way. However it is the case I think that sometimes the
I Ching definitely does 'predict' unfortunate events and there is little you can do about it. For example a few months ago I asked if I would be able to continue in my current lifestyle for much longer. I got 23, lines 1 & 3 moving. I thought something was going to give but I didn't know what. Then my partner died and I have thought since then that that was the thing that 23
was referring to. Getting that hexagram did worry me at the time, but obviously I could not have prevented my partners heart attack. Do others get worried when they receive seemingly very negaive readings ?
I Ching definitely does 'predict' unfortunate events and there is little you can do about it. For example a few months ago I asked if I would be able to continue in my current lifestyle for much longer. I got 23, lines 1 & 3 moving. I thought something was going to give but I didn't know what. Then my partner died and I have thought since then that that was the thing that 23
was referring to. Getting that hexagram did worry me at the time, but obviously I could not have prevented my partners heart attack. Do others get worried when they receive seemingly very negaive readings ?