Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
B
bruce
Guest
Humor in Yi is shirt-tailed onto another discussion thread, but I'll present this here, in case anyone else has a funny Yi story to share.
This morning while on our morning walk, we (Mojo and me) came to a "wash", which is how the desert channels rainfall. We stopped and looked around and down the wash for signs of wildlife, but aside from a single jack rabbit, nothing was stirring. Still, I had the feeling that we were being watched, and that there was something I was supposed to see. Then my eyes fell to the dusty ground in front of us. There, an exotic bird resembling a cockatiel sat, motionless. He had a yellow head with red splotches around his eyes, and a crest on his head. Clearly this was not a native bird, but rather someone's pet who had flown the coup. Holding Mojo back on his leash, I knelt and slowly put my finger out, hoping he might hop onto it. But he made a loud "sqcreeak!" and flew up into the air, zigzagging his way across the sky and deep into the desert brambles.
Since this doesn't happen every day, it played on my mind. Could this have been an omen? I asked myself. So half embarrassed by the seemingly silly question, I put it to the Yi. The answer was 62. Wilhelm's line was especially funny to me: "The flying bird brings the message: It's not well to strive upward, it's well to remain below."
I'll be contemplating this one for awhile.
But my real question: is Yi pulling my leg?
This morning while on our morning walk, we (Mojo and me) came to a "wash", which is how the desert channels rainfall. We stopped and looked around and down the wash for signs of wildlife, but aside from a single jack rabbit, nothing was stirring. Still, I had the feeling that we were being watched, and that there was something I was supposed to see. Then my eyes fell to the dusty ground in front of us. There, an exotic bird resembling a cockatiel sat, motionless. He had a yellow head with red splotches around his eyes, and a crest on his head. Clearly this was not a native bird, but rather someone's pet who had flown the coup. Holding Mojo back on his leash, I knelt and slowly put my finger out, hoping he might hop onto it. But he made a loud "sqcreeak!" and flew up into the air, zigzagging his way across the sky and deep into the desert brambles.
Since this doesn't happen every day, it played on my mind. Could this have been an omen? I asked myself. So half embarrassed by the seemingly silly question, I put it to the Yi. The answer was 62. Wilhelm's line was especially funny to me: "The flying bird brings the message: It's not well to strive upward, it's well to remain below."
I'll be contemplating this one for awhile.
But my real question: is Yi pulling my leg?