Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
It's been a long time since I posted. I wonder if you can give me your take on a current problem I'm trying to resolve. Briefly the background is this:
I've (unfortunately) got a joint insurance policy that links me to my ex. We split up five years ago; we got back together briefly but split again for good over a year ago. We've not been in touch since until the past week when he contacted me. He wants me to cash in the policy and give him half the money. He's threatening to take action against me if I refuse. Technically he's not entitled to half the money because I've paid the majority of premiums. I'm unsure what to do for the best. Whilst I'm trying to decide what I should do, I've put the policy into suspension awaiting my further instructions. I approached my lawyer for help and he only suggested I could 'buy his share out' but at present I'm not financially able to do this. It would be a large sum of money.
So I've asked Yi 3 questions. This is where I'd appreciate some analysis help from you:
Q. What should I do about the insurance policy?
A. 36 change lines 2,4 -> 34
Q. What would the consequences be for me if I cash in the policy?
A. 62 change line 4, -> 15
Q. What would the consequences be if I refuse to cash in the policy?
A. 41 change line 6, 19
I can't work it out. I've been out of touch with Yi for several months due to family concerns. I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks.
Zelda
I've (unfortunately) got a joint insurance policy that links me to my ex. We split up five years ago; we got back together briefly but split again for good over a year ago. We've not been in touch since until the past week when he contacted me. He wants me to cash in the policy and give him half the money. He's threatening to take action against me if I refuse. Technically he's not entitled to half the money because I've paid the majority of premiums. I'm unsure what to do for the best. Whilst I'm trying to decide what I should do, I've put the policy into suspension awaiting my further instructions. I approached my lawyer for help and he only suggested I could 'buy his share out' but at present I'm not financially able to do this. It would be a large sum of money.
So I've asked Yi 3 questions. This is where I'd appreciate some analysis help from you:
Q. What should I do about the insurance policy?
A. 36 change lines 2,4 -> 34
Q. What would the consequences be for me if I cash in the policy?
A. 62 change line 4, -> 15
Q. What would the consequences be if I refuse to cash in the policy?
A. 41 change line 6, 19
I can't work it out. I've been out of touch with Yi for several months due to family concerns. I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks.
Zelda