Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
Hello everyone I hope you are all well! My question for the oracle is about a friendship that ended abruptly about a year ago. It did not complete on particularly good terms, and I felt very sad about it, but the time was not right to try and salvage anything. I have been thinking about how I can make peace, and yesterday I finally worked up the courage to email my friend to say that I was sorry for the part I had played in the breakdown of our friendship. I went on to mention that it would be good to make peace and to ask if he felt the same way. I have no ulterior motives, all I want is for any enmity to be dissolved and the opportunity to go our separate ways knowing that we have the each others best interests at heart. A spiritual peace if you like.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So I put the following two questions to the IChing -
Question 1
Is he going to reply? 38.2 > 21
I looked this up in my Wu Wei book and 38.2 speaks of alienation and the possibility of resolving misunderstandings and mending the relationship. But this turns into 21 which talks of punishment to prevent further offences. Does this mean that my friend will be likely to say nothing to punish me?
Question 2
How does he feel about making peace with me? 9.1.2 > 59
According to Wu Wei hexagram 9 is concerned with Gentle Restraint. It says the time of advance is not at hand and it is better to stop yourself. The second moving line goes on to say that the advance is not in harmony with the time and pushing on will mean being lost in difficulties. Hexagram 59 talks about dispersal and the beginnings of a dangerous situation that is getting worse, then it goes on to say that you will have no regrets about having taken the appropriate action.
Is this bad or good? Could someone please break this down for me as I am very confused. I don't think the peaceful mission looks good at all.
Thanks
Petal
x
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So I put the following two questions to the IChing -
Question 1
Is he going to reply? 38.2 > 21
I looked this up in my Wu Wei book and 38.2 speaks of alienation and the possibility of resolving misunderstandings and mending the relationship. But this turns into 21 which talks of punishment to prevent further offences. Does this mean that my friend will be likely to say nothing to punish me?
Question 2
How does he feel about making peace with me? 9.1.2 > 59
According to Wu Wei hexagram 9 is concerned with Gentle Restraint. It says the time of advance is not at hand and it is better to stop yourself. The second moving line goes on to say that the advance is not in harmony with the time and pushing on will mean being lost in difficulties. Hexagram 59 talks about dispersal and the beginnings of a dangerous situation that is getting worse, then it goes on to say that you will have no regrets about having taken the appropriate action.
Is this bad or good? Could someone please break this down for me as I am very confused. I don't think the peaceful mission looks good at all.
Thanks
Petal
x