...life can be translucent

Menu

Where did I put the money..?!

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

during a recent trip I found some foreign currency in my wallet. I had kept it there by mistake (it was not in the currency of the country I was visiting) together with some banknotes from my own country. There were a lot of movements in & out since - I purchased local currency and put it in the wallet, took the balance of my currency out and put it in my bag, then did the reverse - and I completely forgot about the third currency I had with me. Now I can't find it and although I've tried I seem not to be able to recall where on earth I put it. Or maybe I lost it? :confused:

So I asked:
"Dear Yi, please advise, where did I put the money?"
and received Hex. 26 unchanging.

Now, looking at Wilhelm's translation, I find a number of hints litterally applicable to my reading, in bold below:

26. Ta Ch'u / The Taming Power of the Great

above KêN KEEPING STILL, MOUNTAIN
below CH'IEN THE CREATIVE, HEAVEN

The Creative is tamed by Kên, Keeping Still. This produces great power, a situation in contrast to that of the ninth hexagram, Hsiao Ch'u, THE TAMING POWER OF THE SMALL, in which the Creative is tamed by the Gentle alone. There one weak line must tame five strong lines, but here four strong lines are restrained by two weak lines; in addition to a minister, there is a prince, and the restraining power therefore is afar stronger. The hexagram has a threefold meaning, expressing different aspects of the concept "Holding firm." Heaven within the mountain gives the idea of holding firm in the sense of holding together; the trigram Kên which holds the trigram ch'ien still, gives the idea of holding firm in the sense of holding back; the third idea is that of holding firm in the sense of caring for and nourishing. This last is suggested by the fact that a strong line at the top, which is the ruler of the hexagram, is honored and tended as a sage. The third of these meanings also attaches specifically to this strong line at the top, which represents the sage.

THE JUDGMENT

THE TAMING POWER OF THE GREAT.
Perseverance furthers.

Not eating at home brings good fortune.
It furthers one to cross the great water.

To hold firmly to great creative powers and store them up, as set forth in this hexagram, there is need of a strong, clear-headed man who is honored by the ruler. The trigram Ch'ein points to strong creative power; Kên indicates firmness and truth. Both point to light and clarity and to the daily renewal of character. Only through such daily self-renewal can a man continue at the height of his powers. Force of habit helps to keep order in quiet times; but in periods when there is a great storing up of energy, everything depends on the power of the personality. However, since the worthy are honored, as in the case of the strong personality entrusted with leadership by the ruler, it is an advantage not to eat at home but rather to earn one's bread by entering upon public office. Such a man is in harmony with heaven; therefore even great and difficult undertakings, such as crossing the great water, succeed.

THE IMAGE

Heaven within the mountain:

The image of THE TAMING POWER OF THE GREAT.

Thus the superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity
And many deeds of the past,
In order to strengthen his character thereby.

Heaven within the mountain points to hidden treasures. In the words and deeds of the past there lies hidden a treasure that men may use to strengthen and elevate their own characters. The way to study the past is not to confine oneself to mere knowledge of history but, through application of this knowledge, to give actuality to the past.

My take is the money is still with me, hidden somewhere, and I have to use all possible clarity of mind to recollect where I did put it, possibly going through my memories step by step (as if it were easy :D). Maybe the reference to eating out is a hint as well?!

Being a novice chances are I'm completely off track :brickwall: so any help will be as usual appreciated!

Have a great day,
Cris

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The money doesn't appear to be lost, as in never get it back.

Perhaps it at your office.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks WF! You are the usual star :)

Any other suggestion as to where I could've put it? It's not in the office :(

M

meng

Cris, might you have deposited it in a bank, deposit box or safe? Or, possibly have lent or given it to support someone? Investment?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
What about in your closet, or on a top shelf, as its possible you put the notes into a "container" which you then put in a wardrobe or such like.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Cheers everyone for the suggestions... combining which, the money should probably be "in a yellow container in a deposit box" ;)

Meng, good attempt, but I would remember if I had done something specific with it... instead, I only recollect I last saw it in my wallet. I will give it another think - and look, and let you know the outcome!

:)

M

maremaria

Heaven within the mountain points to hidden treasures. In the words and deeds of the past there lies hidden a treasure .......

Being a novice chances are I'm completely off track :brickwall: so any help will be as usual appreciated!

Have a great day,
Cris

Perhaps is somewhere with other papers from that trip. An image of that phrase, to me , is one of a mine. Simple rocks and precious rocks.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
The image of THE TAMING POWER OF THE GREAT.

Thus the superior man acquaints himself with many sayings of antiquity
And many deeds of the past,
In order to strengthen his character thereby.

Did you put the missing currency in your Yijing or some other book of wisdom? But check the clothes you were wearing at the time.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
I'm thinking of times I've traveled and been juggling currencies. Sometimes I'll put the spare ones in the jewelry box or a zipper change purse, or a just another part of my purse away from the other money as it's not useful at the time and can just confuse the issue. I'm also famous for putting things in an inside pocket, especially one with a zipper. Yes, check all pockets of coats and jackets that were on the trip with you. Was it all currency -- or coins as well? Where were you when you noticed it in your wallet for the last time?

cris

visitor
Reaction score
It's nice of you guys to take interest into my little mystery. :)
Good suggestions, Arabella! The point is I was travelling with limited baggage and I've already checked the suitcase, the purse, the wallet, and all of their pockets. I wouldn't have put the money in the jacket - not like me. The last time I saw it - only banknotes, no coins - I believe I was sitting at the desk in my hotel room :confused: then I must have done some unconscious magic to make it disappear...
A book? Hmmm, Pocossin... need to check that out. I think I had with me only work stuff. Which takes me to another piece of your quote, "many deeds of the past"... confirming Maremaria's insight. I'll have to go through all of my documents from the trip again, and more carefully. Lots of fun!

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I think I had with me only work stuff.

Hexagram 26
Code:
▄▄▄▄▄▄  handle 
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
▄▄▄▄▄▄  briefcase
▄▄▄▄▄▄

Were you carrying a briefcase?

M

maremaria

Hexagram 26
Code:
▄▄▄▄▄▄  handle 
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
▄▄▄▄▄▄  briefcase
▄▄▄▄▄▄

This is really interesting, Tom ! I have seen similar post of yours here. you "create" ( or see ) images from the hexagram image :) I like that a lot !!!

M

meng

Hexagram 26
Code:
▄▄▄▄▄▄  handle 
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
▄▄▄▄▄▄  briefcase
▄▄▄▄▄▄

Agrees, that's an excellent visual of 26.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Chris, has there been any progress on this little mystery? Have you remembered what you did with the money? Or is the answer still locked away in your mind? The hexagram resembles a padlock, too :)

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Ah, Pocossin! The answer is still locked away. I've looked for the money in many places, to no result :brickwall:
I still trust the Yi though so have not given up yet!

Thanks for asking :)

patro

visitor
Reaction score
did your father had lunch in a panoramic restaurant? or did he was in a place with a panoramic view? with a young man... like a younger brother of you?

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Err... my father's wallet was the subject of another thread... this one is about the money I lost during a business trip :rofl:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Once I couldn't find a credit card I had hidden away. When I wanted it again, I forgot where I had hidden it. I looked inside my wallet ten times.

But when I bought a new wallet a year later, I took everything out of the old wallet, and there was the credit card -- in yet another compartment -- and you know how some of these wallets and other things we carry can have yet another zippered compartment . . .

Could you have wrapped it up in something secured with rubber bands? I have my own reason for this thought . . .

M

meng

Cris, if you're still with us.. after pondering 26 some more, I asked on my own, where Cris' money is, or what's going on with it? 17.4,5-24. I can't be 100% positive it's not talking to me, but my mind was very directly on the topic when I asked.

I played with them a little: restraining big force, following inside and returning indoors - the theme seems the same. Following brings success, but persevering brings misfortune. Go with clarity and be sincere.

It may be gone, as Wf said. No point in struggling over it.

Still it's like a unsolved crossword puzzle, you want to finish it before walking away. :rant: :)

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Mountain above Heaven, the individual up there... in a plane. Can it be in a place which has to do with the flight? Folded up ticket or so. Do airplanes have a bag against the chair in front of you where you can put small stuff during the flight, like buses have? Then your money might still be flying around the earth. Or someone who followed you (17) in that seat found it and brought it back to the earth (24).

cris

visitor
Reaction score
@Ginnie: I've tried so many times to remember, but it's all blank. As mentioned before the most probable scenario is I put the money in an envelope with other currency, and never found it again... Rubber bands do not ring a bell unfortunately! Thanks for the insight though :)

@Meng: yes, alive and kicking... Thanks for taking the time to cast a reading over my money! :bows:
Following and Return... to me this seems to suggest the money is within something I take with me when travelling - my suitcase perhaps? My briefcase as Pocossin suggested? Even my wallet? The fact is I've already searched these things - in vain.
Where did WF say the money may be gone, by the way?

The money doesn't appear to be lost, as in never get it back.

Perhaps it at your office.

What about in your closet, or on a top shelf, as its possible you put the notes into a "container" which you then put in a wardrobe or such like.

@HeyLise: I lost the money during my stay, so I doubt it's on a plane - fascinating image though, the money travelling on its own ;) Thanks for the attempt!

I will have to go through the documents and objects once again. Frustrating!

Anyways... what's with the panoramic view and the young lad, Patro?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Do airplanes have a bag against the chair in front of you where you can put small stuff during the flight, like buses have? Then your money might still be flying around the earth.

All seats have a pouch in front to store magazines and such like, but they are all thoroughly searched by the cleaning staff once the passengers disembark, so anything found will go in a cleaner's pocket.

I thought you said that you never came to "shared" anymore because I put you off?

patro

visitor
Reaction score
hex 26 can have many interpretation
one is that the IC is playing with you.... because hex 26 when unchanging means to think about the past!!! :p
the second meaning is an advice... because you experiment a great pressure while thinking!!
about the panoramic view and young guy.... it seams that the answer can be found... in a place where you were during this work trip together with a young guy!!!
probably you were the boss in the situation!! so you must think about this situation...
young guy, panoramic or high place, under pressure, food!! do you remember to had experimented the most of this at once? what did you do in the situation?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
. . . you experiment a great pressure while thinking!!
about the panoramic view and young guy.... it seams that the answer can be found... in a place where you were during this work trip together with a young guy!!!

Very good! I wondered what memory was blocking Cris's recall of the location of the money :)

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Errr... quite unfortunately, there was no such thing as a "young guy" during this trip ;)

Now that I think about it, I was in fact in a restaurant with a guy who's a couple of years younger than me (hence a kiddo :rofl:), and although there was no panoramic view the place itself was very scenic. Now, I do not recollect any connection between this situation and the money - which by then should have already been put away... I could well be mistaken though :confused: So we stand where we did before... it would anyway be good, Patro, if you could enlighten us about your insight.

I just happened to notice our friend Meng is no longer with us. I wonder if maybe based on the reading he casted over my money he was able to find it and ran away with it? :rofl: Joking aside, dear Meng, I will miss you greatly.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
it would anyway be good, Patro, if you could enlighten us about your insight.

I'll attempt to anticipate Patro, and he can tell me whether I'm right or not.

The casting is 26 unchanging. 26 is mountain over heaven, thus a "panoramic view", a place with a view. "Food": 'Not eating at home brings good fortune' from the Judgment. 'young bull' and 'gelded boar': "young guy". Patro put it all together in a dramatic scene.

Hmmm. This reminds me that I forget to transfer my billfold to the jeans I'm wearing now.

Last edited:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Brief update

The money was never to be found. I must admit I'm still expecting it to show up, where and when I least expect it to... but I guess it's pure wishful thinking.

S

sooo

I just happened to notice our friend Meng is no longer with us. I wonder if maybe based on the reading he casted over my money he was able to find it and ran away with it? :rofl: Joking aside, dear Meng, I will miss you greatly.

I was just trippin' with some aliens for some vacation and R&R. They don't let you ride unless you break with previous identities, sooo

There was another money lost thread around here, maybe you caught it?

Losing money or wallet can be a highly emotional feeling. I've had a guitar amp for sale on Graig's List for awhile. It's always a bit dangerous when you give complete strangers free access to come into your home, to "try out" or look at a piece of merchandise you're advertising. Lot of horror stories, especially around pro levels guitars and amps, etc. So I was, you might say "amped up", waiting for this guy to show up to try out the amp. I threw a quick cchhhiinnnnggg, and got 26.1 - danger to persist this way. Hmm...

Well, I thought, a little extra precaution can't hurt, trying to justify my paranoia. And I slipped my wallet into the top dresser drawer... somewhere I'd never keep it.

He tried and liked the amp, took out the amount I was asking for it in $100 bills, and left. Relieved, I returned to condition yellow, a relaxed and aware state. Until I went to get my wallet. There was no wallet. Where IS my wallet, Lord?! Long moments of panic, as I would have willingly traded the cash in my pocket for that wallet, with all my identity and licenses, things far more important than money. Major hassle alert!!! *BEEP BEEP BEEP* As I looked everywhere, I couldn't help but wonder if maybe.. nah, he wouldn't have stolen it while he was here. Would he? 26.1 ~ bingo Ringo. I slowly gathered stored memory, and had vague recollection of the top drawer-----the last place I'd put my wallet. Of course, there it was. Huge relief and feeling silly. If I'd listened to 26.1 right from the start, I wouldn't have put the wallet there in the first place.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
!?!?

So, do I get it right... is it you Meng?... If so, a huge welcome back! :hug:

How was the abduction? Did you enjoy my money? Gosh, the mere thought that they would accept that odd currency on another planet if not in another galaxy is amazing :rofl:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).