...life can be translucent

Menu

Improving my physical shape

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Howdy dear Yi friends!

In the past few months I have been exercising regularly, getting fitter and feeeling better. This has however taken its toll on me in terms of time and energy, and is becoming more and more like an umpteenth heavy duty rather than an enjoyable activity. Furthermore, the program I've been following will definitely not give me the results I'm after, so I need to find an alternative to increase both effectiveness and pleasure.

I asked:
"Dear Yi, please, enlighten me on how to improve my physical shape".
R.: 43.3 > 58

Breakthrough, alternating to the Joyous. Exactly what I'm looking for... if it wasn't for the changing line which sounds slightly ominous.

To be powerful in the cheekbones
Brings misfortune.
The superior man is firmly resolved.
He walks alone and is caught in the rain.
He is bespattered,
And people murmur against him.
No blame.

I found this interesting commentary (N. Richmond):
"... here there is this power of self-will which is misfortunate in this context because no amount of it can be effective and it produces stress with no flow for its relief. The wide-seeing superior man is just going about his business, not trying to push things, and this is correct in our present circumstances".
It sounds like a suggestion not to push my self-developed program too far. The line also talks about a lonely resolution - an interesting hint to the current exercise which I do on my own. Is the Yi suggesting to keep it up, or to find a more social physical activity (joining with friends for practice, as indicated by Hex 58)?

I'll be grateful for any insight :)

Last edited:

patro

visitor
Reaction score
line 3 of 43 - Take your time and tackle the problem resolutely.

58 - and you will enjoy the result!

personal opinion about fitness activity... from time to time the activity must be changed... alternate.. improve... change sequence... change diet... more proteins etc.
after a while your body adapts to the routine .. no longer respond to the efforts!
just my though!

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked:
"Dear Yi, please, enlighten me on how to improve my physical shape".
R.: 43.3 > 58

If you find the exercise that you are doing has become boring and a "duty" then you will not achieve what you are after because your mind will always react negatively when forcing yourself to complete the exercise, therefore no gain will be achieved.

Hex 58 is all about enjoying what you are doing, therefore a much needed change is needed in your exercise routine. Its hard to advise when we don't know what you have been doing, and also what your goal is. To lose weight, to trim and define your body contours, cardio, weights?

When you enjoy the exercise then your mind will react accordingly, then you will achieve your goal.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).