...life can be translucent

Menu

42.2->61 (Courting Sue Part 3)

Reaction score
Yesterday, before I went to sleep I was agonizing over a situation I was in with this girl named Sue. Here's what I wrote down:

I don't feel like being a nice guy anymore. I don't want anything. I thought maybe a relationship with Sue could've been interesting, because in a weird sort of way, she's a lot like me. Anyways, I can't do much. I'm not even sure she likes me anymore.

The reading: 42.2 > 61

Then, I woke up this morning and remembered the reading. I enquired the I Ching again with the following:

I like Sue. It's weird but I really want this girl to like me.

The reading: 42.1.2.5 > 4

OK, I know what the I Ching is trying to tell me but I'm amazed at how I get the same hexagram over two consecutive readings, albeit 8 hours apart.

----------
Here's the story (because let's face it, everyone loves details):

Sue and I have met each other almost a year ago and we became good friends over a relatively short period of time, having found common interests and such, we really hit it off after an initial feeling out period. So around April, I started seriously exploring the possibility of a relationship with her (see Courting Sue Part 1). The Yi basically advised me to keep it on the low for a bit and to let things emerge by themselves. I followed that advice and SHAZAM! We just... happened.

Well, what would you know, we ended up being more than just friends. We got close, closer and then we got intimate. For about two months, things were up and down but we both couldn't deny our mutual affection and growing feelings for each other. Then, circumstances beyond our control seemed to emerge from out of everywhere and we got into a bit of tension (see Courting Sue Part 2). Here again, the Yi made me feel optimistic.

So as the weeks went by, I didn't lose hope but I also did not dwell on the situation. Alas, trusting in the genuine connection that we had, the Yi was right once again. We patched things up, but here's the catch: sadly, our little relationship 'experiment' seems to have come to an end. It was a decision on her part and I've been very tactful and respectful in the whole process. The only thing is, I know that she knows that I still have feelings for her. The zinger is that she also knows that I know that she still has feelings for me. For whatever reasons, she doesn't feel like taking the next step but has openly told me that she really needs me to be a friend. Well, what is a friend to do? How could I say no to that?

But over the course of the past two weeks, it's been getting harder for me to keep my feelings in check, to the point where I am openly avoiding to meet or even call her over the phone. I know this same feeling that made us close is also tearing me from the inside out, so much that I do not know how to act with her anymore which is the source of even more tension between us. This is where my two I Ching readings come from.

Thanks for reading. I'm just so relieved I let this all out.

Cheers!

BARRY

mariah kaze

visitor
Reaction score
42.2>61. Increase. You are blessed by Heaven and have the favor of the gods. Sincerity will get you everything you ever wanted from this gal. Be her friend. If you don't know what that means, ask her. Then, give her what she wants and you'll definitely get it coming back to you :) Perseverance furthers.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Talk to her, tell her how you feel, confide in her, ask her for advise as to what you should do about your "feelings".

You should not being avoiding her,you should be seeking her out and discussing your dilemma as good friends do.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).