...life can be translucent

Menu

Changing to 62 - Irreversible First Date Impression??

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Hi again! I asked a few questions about this guy I had an internet date with last week. I thought the date went really well. Buuuut, after the date he sent me an email saying that he thought he had scared me away on the date (because I ended it first I guess). I sent him a reply saying that I had a good time, but maybe it wasn't encouraging enough.

My question to Yi was "What is preventing him from contacting me"

ANSWER: 13.1,5,6 (companions/relationship) changing to hex 62 (preponderance of the small)

If I'm reading this literally - and from some past threads info - hex 13 seems to say that it wasn't a passionate connection, however other interpretations refer to it as having a love connection.

and 62 might say that my first impression on him is irreversible?? But in general the translations I've read seem to say it's not a time for big things, rather to take things one step at a time. Does this bode well for a second date?

I actually liked him a lot, but I think my nerves can make me seem more aloof than I actually am. Sigh. Anyway I have been wondering if I should contact him again.

So my second question was: what would be the result if contact him?

answer: 51.3 (Shock) to 55 (Abundance)

This seems positive I think. In 55 I see that it "rouses", "shifts" - could it possibly shift him in to being interested again?

Line 3 "Shock revives" "If those movements excite him to right action, there will be no mistake."

Hex 55 seems to say there will be progress & development. Well either way there will be development but I can't get a sense of what it will be. It's very vague. Any ideas?

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Anybody? Still haven't heard from him. It's making me a wee bit nervous.

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
51.3 sounds pretty good to me (sounds like it will shake someone up in reviving way), so why not go for it? you feel scared about it now, but in this hexagram, after the scaredness come the laughing words. At least it's a good possibility. Let us know how it turns out.

openheartsf

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks! I’m conflicted because it goes against my nature to pester a man who is not coming forward. Today I got hex 62 again, changing to hex 46. I get 46 a lot when I ask about relationship issues, so I am quite familiar with it by now.

46 pushes upward step by step – moving up, striving, ascending and growing. All of the small things leading up to something great.

62 – attending to the smaller details. Strength gained from the smaller aspects of life. Progress is more than possible, but only by taking one small step at a time.

LiSe’s interpreation- When misfortune hits, then meet it with respect. The high road is not always the best road. Playing it safe may give a smaller result, but it is a certain one, and it might even be a road to the bigger result. Follow your own standards, not those of others, the world, or whatever else which is not truly yours.

Panicking and running away from a danger causes often just the opposite: getting deeper in. Be on guard and flexible, evaluate the situation because it is dangerous. But facing it is safer than turning one’s back on it.

Seems there is a similar theme to both of these hexagrams. Taking things one step at a time and appreciating the small victories.

themis

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I must state that I hesitated to reply cos I have the impression his statement that he thought he'd
scared you away is just a pretext to back out, for whatever reason. Please don't begin to think
you're at fault or anything. You were probably enthusiastic and interesting enough, even if you were
the one to end it first ... no big deal ... this is the 21st Century. With your reassuring words he
should have contacted you by now.

The pertinent lines in Hex 13 give an image of the situation, your interaction until present.
Hex 51.3 'shock reviving' really isn't positive. If it would put your mind at rest to make the first
move, do so. However, I'd advise against it. If you hear from him soon, one day, all well and good.
If not, it's probably a blessing in disguise.

Could be beneficial to be more conscious of your words, info. you share during the first few dates.
Thereby you'll have time to get to know who you're really dealing with before being completely open-hearted.
That's my take on it.

betrdanevr

visitor
Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm so late to this thread. I don't think his email was a pretext for backing out at all! I hope you went ahead and contacted him again, because, to me, his expressing fear that he had scared you away was really what he felt, since you had "ended" the date first. (He most have wanted to keep you all night. ;))

I don't think you would be pestering the man. Just sounds to me like he needed reassurance, and your first response of having a good time just didn't cut it with what he needed.

Call me insincere, but THAT's the comment I would make to somebody that I didn't really want to see for a second date.

Anyway, I hope that (or something better) has turned out well for you.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Psst, this thread is eight years old and the user hasn't made any more posts in the last three years.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).