...life can be translucent

Menu

A spell :stir:

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Maybe because it's halloween soon, I've been looking into wiccan spells. Partly for fun and partly, well, you never know...

I did one once when I was about 13. I was being bullied at my school bus-stop, and one day it climaxed - was at its worst - when the head bully brought props along too to taunt me (it was about my appearance and he brought a plastic fish from his dad's market stall) Aaaanyway, I did a spell to stop his bullying - to leave me alone. And the next morning when I went down to the bus-stop, as I came into view the taunts didn't start as they usually did! And I felt confident that they wouldn't. Sort of felt invisible. The spell had worked - he/they left me alone! And though I got the occassional name-calling, it was never as bad as it had been, again. Maybe they themselves had felt guilty for going to that extreme, or maybe I did invoke the power of the universe. Who knows.

I performed a simple one yesterday, and this eve, to 'bring a lost love back' (but (disclaimer) only if there's a spark still left in their heart. Bringing people together who aren't meant to be only ends in pain etc which is what it warns on the website. Also of course I could be wishing for something that isn't right for me anyway. :deadhorse: and that would be damaging. I've seen enough of what incompatibility can do.)

Anyway, if anything it's good to do as a symbolic gesture. I've been feeling very strongly about this recently, well for a couple of years now and it's more intense at certain times than others. Maybe I should be doing a spell to take away my obsession with this person... It hurts.

I asked the I ching to comment on the spell I'd just performed and received
20.1,5>27

20.1 is about looking at something childishly. Could the yi be saying thinking spells will bring this person to me is silly? Or that I'm approaching the wicca as an amateur? (and maybe with more scepticism than I had as a teenager thus not wholeheartedly?)

20.5> About self-examination...

27> Seeking nourishment...

I can't put this answer together to decide what Yi is saying about my spell?

Any ideas would be most appreciated. :bows: :stir:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Will my love spell bring back a lost love?
20.1.5 > 27

Hexagram 20 is like a black cat and 27 like a carved pumpkin :)

Code:
▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄  ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄

20 The Image
The wind blows over the earth:
The image of Contemplation.
Thus the kings of old visited the regions of the world,
Contemplated the people,
And gave them instruction.

How appropriate this is for you!

Line 1: Boylike contemplation.

Or contemplating the person. Again, a good fit.

Line 5: Contemplation of my life.

And that too.

And the Judgement:

Contemplation. The ablution has been made,
But not yet the offering.
Full of trust they look up to him.

Things are still in suspense but results expected.

The Corners of the Mouth.
Perseverance brings good fortune.
Pay heed to the providing of nourishment
And to what a man seeks
To fill his own mouth with.

Perhaps if you make contact through food . . .

Hexagram 20 is so appropriate for you that I think the casting auspicious for the spell to work.

themis

visitor
Reaction score
All you need do is speak the word for the right partner the 'divine selection' to come into your life.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 20 is like a black cat and 27 like a carved pumpkin :)

over the earth:
The image of Contemplation.
Thus the kings of old visited the regions of the world,
Contemplated the people,
And gave them instruction.[/b]

How appropriate this is for you!

And the Judgement:

Contemplation. The ablution has been made,
But not yet the offering.
Full of trust they look up to him.

Things are still in suspense but results expected.

The Corners of the Mouth.
Perseverance brings good fortune.
Pay heed to the providing of nourishment
And to what a man seeks
To fill his own mouth with.

Perhaps if you make contact through food . . .

Hexagram 20 is so appropriate for you that I think the casting auspicious for the spell to work.

Hi pocossin,

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm just about to carve a pumpkin actually :demon:
Could you ellaborate on why hex 20 is like a black cat? I do see 27 as a pupkin kind of... darkness emitting light (as when you put a candle in a pumpkin)...
There's no way I can make contact through food for he is far away... perhaps it means through words? (though I would Never contact him. As I see it now. although with the internet it may be possible (shared blog sites...))
In what way do you see hex 20 as appropriate to a spell? Because I'm asking someone/something else to over-see my love life? Or that I'm trying to feed my heart with distant help?

Funnily enough, not that I'm fickle (this has been ongoing for about 3 years) but today I feel more detached from the idea of him. More sceptical. Maybe because of something I've remembered about him. I guess I've got so used to feeling love for him, that when it cools it is surprising! Anyway I intend to do the spell once more tonight (just in case/3 seems auspicious/midnight for halloween) then well, we'll see. And yes I'll tell you if something happens in that department (we are currently estranged).

Thanks agin for your thoughts :)

:bows:

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
All you need do is speak the word for the right partner the 'divine selection' to come into your life.

Have/do you practice wicca? Are you saying all you need to do is wish to the ethos for someone that you love/loves you back to come along? (I think I do that all the time even if unconsciously lol). On halloween, I intend to perform a couple of other spells:

one to stop a dear friend/member of our family from going blind (she's only in her 40s and has been diagnosed with a degenerative eye condition that will leave her blind in 6 months. Although they've yet to confirm what it is. It's awful.)

One to bring love to my cousin's life. She's been single for too long and it's getting late for her to have children. She is so deserving of someone :duh:
But then I know that romantic love/partnership isn't necessary for happiness (pleanty of single and happy ladies in my family..)

And one to encourage my mum's work to sell....

And finally, one for me, so that I love the right person... (My habit in romance has been to fall in love with those that reject me and reject those that fall for me... useful...)

If you (or anyone else on Clarity) has any spells you could pass on for the above that'd be great!

:):bows::stir:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Could you ellaborate on why hex 20 is like a black cat?

In hex 20, black is the color of Kun, the lower trigram. Xun, the upper trigram, has the general shape of a cat viewed from the side (body & legs). Also, cats are caring and move like the wind.
The fog comes
on little cat feet.
It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.
Carl Sandburg, Chicago Poems (1916) "Fog"

Halloween is a time for feeding the spirits, thus giving goodies to the trick-or-treat goblins. So since you are feeding this long-ago spirit of love, why not an email thinking-of-you note to the old friend to spice up the spell?

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation.
I couldn't contact him, because I think he might hate me. I'm sure he'd ignore me. And it's up to him. Maybe he's made himself clear and I'm still in denial. 'Love' eh...
I think I'm being silly. (re.him).

I also asked after the spell yesterday, is it working?
5.3,4 > 58
Waiting in an inappropriate place for an (inappropriate) exchange? Or waiting for an exchange to start? (TBH I'm feeling pretty hopeless about it now (again) - it goes up and down still. ) Thing is... Another thing, is that I do have a sceptic inside me. No matter how many meaningful readings I have I can't help but doubt somewhere that this isn't real (the iching or otherwise - synchronicity, souls etc), or conveniently forget amazingly relevent meanings/moments of faith, especially when I get a positive reading for something that is in reality hopeless... I guess the older I get the more I'll see how the Yi works... And decide if... (I'm sorry to bring this downer though)

Does anyone have any magic to share - yi readings or otherwise - to re-instill/give more weight to my belief side?
Thanks
:)

themis

visitor
Reaction score
Em Ching,

I don't practice Wicca. I looked it up soon after reading your post. Sounds like it's aligned with the universe/divine order so if it works for you ... tant mieux.

Yeah, sounds like you need a forgiveness spell as Pocossin mentioned. Well, I suggest if whatever it is bothers your conscience, start by forgiving yourself and refraining from repeating whatever. If he hates you for no accountable reason whatsoever ... it's not your problem. And ... trust the sage when you receive a positive response to your Q. Synchronicity is definitely 'out there' and it's quite amazing ... 'le hazard n'existe pas'.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
That's nice to hear thank you.
And thanks for the french phrases! Cute.

Yes I've looked up a simple forgiveness spell to do, though I'm not sure if he may be unreasonable by nature, so maybe it is tant mieux, well only time will tell.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!

:bounce:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Have/do you practice wicca? Are you saying all you need to do is wish to the ethos for someone that you love/loves you back to come along? (I think I do that all the time even if unconsciously lol). On halloween, I intend to perform a couple of other spells:

one to stop a dear friend/member of our family from going blind (she's only in her 40s and has been diagnosed with a degenerative eye condition that will leave her blind in 6 months. Although they've yet to confirm what it is. It's awful.)

One to bring love to my cousin's life. She's been single for too long and it's getting late for her to have children. She is so deserving of someone :duh:
But then I know that romantic love/partnership isn't necessary for happiness (pleanty of single and happy ladies in my family..)

And one to encourage my mum's work to sell....

And finally, one for me, so that I love the right person... (My habit in romance has been to fall in love with those that reject me and reject those that fall for me... useful...)

If you (or anyone else on Clarity) has any spells you could pass on for the above that'd be great!

:):bows::stir:

Hello Em :) are you intending to do these spells with these peoples consent ?

Spells mean using ones intent but if its for other people who are we to do the intending for them especially without their consent. Isn't it much simpler to simply pray for their highest good, whatever that is. Maybe in the larger scheme of things your mums work isn't meant to sell right now...how do we know whats best for someone else ?

I saw your 20.1.5>27 as just a reflective answer, a mirror like answer, reflecting your need (27)

I'm not keen on this whole spells thing at all... however I liked the bus stop story ! I can see why you did that, seems justified to use your energy to defend yourself . Good on ya ! :demon:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation.
I couldn't contact him, because I think he might hate me. I'm sure he'd ignore me. And it's up to him. Maybe he's made himself clear and I'm still in denial. 'Love' eh...
I think I'm being silly. (re.him).

I also asked after the spell yesterday, is it working?
5.3,4 > 58
Waiting in an inappropriate place for an (inappropriate) exchange? Or waiting for an exchange to start? (TBH I'm feeling pretty hopeless about it now (again) - it goes up and down still. ) Thing is... Another thing, is that I do have a sceptic inside me. No matter how many meaningful readings I have I can't help but doubt somewhere that this isn't real (the iching or otherwise - synchronicity, souls etc), or conveniently forget amazingly relevent meanings/moments of faith, especially when I get a positive reading for something that is in reality hopeless... I guess the older I get the more I'll see how the Yi works... And decide if... (I'm sorry to bring this downer though)

Does anyone have any magic to share - yi readings or otherwise - to re-instill/give more weight to my belief side?
Thanks

Isn't it simpler to just recognise you have unresolved angst around this and pray, ask to whatever you believe in, for help with it. Maybe this is an important part of your development. Maybe making a spell can't just make it okay.

Surely if you turn the problem over to whatever you believe is beyond you, ie God, higher self/angels, universe' etc then whatever solutions come will be way above and beyond anything intended with a measly spell constructed to get a narrow outcome wanted. Plus some situations can't be resolved to our satisfaction, they just can't be. Some pains we seems to be left with, to work with , live with..and i feel in the end they may even be the most valuable things...which is why they are not so easily rectifiable.

Re your question did the spell work...where you are waiting isn't good...move ...hmm seems though you need to move to express (58) Is it worth trying to talk with him one more time rather then rely on spells ?

At least you'll know where you stand

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
However if the spell works and he calls you I will publicly acknowlege you as Claritys Wiccan Priestess :demon: and probably ask you to do a few spells for me

well as the bus stop spell worked I think perhaps we can already call you Claritys Wiccan Priestess :bows:

interesting thread anyway...got me thinking...about spells...tonight..shall i do some heh hehe. maybe spells are prayers with a physical component and also a specific outcome identified. Guess I like to leave out the specific outcome

Last edited:

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
maybe spells are prayers with a physical component and also a specific outcome identified. Guess I like to leave out the specific outcome

Yeah I reckon so. I like that - a prayer with a physical component. And wicca in a way has similarities with taoism, in the sense that it's about working with nature, although I guess, in a way, it encourages working against your tao when it comes to spells (as long as they're good of course!). But I guess they encourage you to express your will?

Anyway, it's been really fun today - I've made an altar. Which involved decorating a table with a carved pumpkin, autumn fruits, white and orange candles, and I've added Hobgoblin beer, chocolate, toffee apples and sweets (meant for trick or treaters... we'll see mwhaha) and decorated the whole room with candles. Also I have some old celtic goblets and am going to make mulled wine. Found a great recipe for mulled wine and cider and got the idea for the altar online (link below).

I hear what you say about not knowing another's intent, but I'm pretty sure they'd be happy if what I'd like for them had a little nudge :demon: hehe. But this one is more of a general one which you might like to try tonight? go on :p It's a nice one:

http://www.suite101.com/content/wicca-samhain-magic-spells-and-rituals-a140302

(From the page): Simple Samhain Magic Spell

This Fall Magic Spell clears out unwanted influences and focuses spiritual attention on what is good in life. It is a wonderful preparation for Halloween ...

•Write out a few undesirable aspects and influences of life from the previous few months on a single sheet of paper.

•On another sheet of paper write out the key new elements of life that would be welcome. Write these as positive statements, in the present tense....

So I guess this spell alone could cover all the issues I'd like to improve as mentioned above. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

:) :stir:

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I reckon so. I like that - a prayer with a physical component. And wicca in a way has similarities with taoism, in the sense that it's about working with nature, although I guess, in a way, it encourages working against your tao when it comes to spells (as long as they're good of course!). But I guess they encourage you to express your will?

Anyway, it's been really fun today - I've made an altar. Which involved decorating a table with a carved pumpkin, autumn fruits, white and orange candles, and I've added chocolate, toffee apples and sweets (meant for trick or treaters... we'll see mwhaha) and decorated the whole room with candles. Also I have some old celtic goblets and am going to make mulled wine. Found a great recipe for mulled wine and cider and got the idea for the altar online (link below).

I hear what you say about not knowing another's intent, but I'm pretty sure they'd be happy if what I'd like for them had a little nudge :demon: hehe. But this one is more of a general one which you might like to try tonight? go on :p It's a nice one:

http://www.suite101.com/content/wicca-samhain-magic-spells-and-rituals-a140302

(From the site): Simple Samhain Magic Spell

This Fall Magic Spell clears out unwanted influences and focuses spiritual attention on what is good in life. It is a wonderful preparation for Halloween ...

•Write out a few undesirable aspects and influences of life from the previous few months on a single sheet of paper.

•On another sheet of paper write out the key new elements of life that would be welcome. Write these as positive statements, in the present tense....

So I guess this spell alone could cover all the issues I'd like to improve as mentioned above. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

:) :stir:

Just don't drink too much mulled wine out of your celtic goblets and set the house on fire with the candles :eek:

:rofl:

er well i have bought battery operated pink and red fairy lights today (grooovy !), I think they will do instead of candles..i wouldn't trust myself with the cider and the candles

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Ah don't worry me lover, I can hold me ciderr.
:rofl:

Last edited:

elias

visitor
Reaction score
Trajan's comments (#13) are well taken. Practical magick of the type you appear to be practicing is generally inimical to IC and Toaism. Spells tend to originate i the ego; in IC the continual advice is to get clear of the ego and let the Higher Power take care of the details. Eventually one might reach a point of cosmic consciousness and be able to manipulate powers, but you'll need to kill a few Buddhas first.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Practical magick of the type you appear to be practicing is generally inimical to IC and Toaism. Spells tend to originate i the ego

Hi elias,

Yes I do see that. I enjoyed last night, but I can definitely see that there is something egotistic about performing spells for specific outcomes. Although they weren't all selfish.

It was fun to do, just as you enjoy hanging decorations on your christmas tree. Also it all involved spices and herbs, so there was a lovely smell about. And candles of course (and no accidents! ;)) and the mulled wine was lovely of course, especially drunk from celtic goblets :) So it all had a nice feel, but I'm not sure how seriously I could take it. I wonder though, I mean there are a lot of practising wiccans and loads of spells on the internet, they obviously haven't become disillusioned, so doesn't that mean, that they've felt and seen results? I don't know a real wiccan to ask... Well, we'll see if things do improve in the areas I've asked for help with.

I asked the I ching after my wiccan evening, to comment:

55.1 > 62.
Hilary's book: ... Such an alliance is not meant to be a lifelong partnership; it is important not to presume on its strength and overstep its bounds.
This doesn’t make the meeting insignificant, or a waste; it is important – and also has a natural time limit.... you take whatever you received and learned from the encounter, and move on.

That fits in that I don't see myself converting, but I may look into it more deeply. It is the original Celtic religion after all. Could it also be saying, as elias said, that fundamentally the character of the Yi and that of wiccan spells, is very different and so incompatible long-term?

I then asked, Are We being guided by a higher force? (as in is there a spirit world, a reason, magic...) (as in can you convince me not to suffer existential angst at times)

22. 1,3,6> 2
Weel, hex 22 is about Grace, and hex 2 is about Guiding. Seems like a nice, spiritual pair I think. Thoughts?

Finally I asked will the spell to heal my friend improve things? (this I felt was the most important spell because, I can't imagine how awful it must feel to know that you're going to go blind..)
And received hex 47 :confused:

Not very encouraging. Perhaps her eyes are exhausted? Dried out... eye drops? I'm not sure of her exact condition yet, neither is she... Being blind would I think, would also make you feel more alone to, as hex 47 alludes to.

Hillary: Rather than resenting the walls, concentrate on the life and growth within them.

Perhaps it is inevitable but there are ways to make it OK... it's just so unfair isn't it? :confused:

Happy first day of November all :)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Finally I asked will the spell to heal my friend improve things? (this I felt was the most important spell because, I can't imagine how awful it must feel to know that you're going to go blind..)
And received hex 47

Are there things your friend doesn't want to see? For instance, Does she have a promiscuous or alcoholic husband? Or is she surrounded by some other tragedy? The mind itself can turn off vision, in which case your spell (as conveyed to her by your physical presence) might prove remedial.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Erm. Have there been studies into this as a phenomenon? I really can't take it on board that you'd subconsciously want to become blind, on top of everything else. Although, I suppose what you're saying is that it's been known for people whose lives are very bad, to suddenly go blind?

My friend does have a rotten ex-husband who keeps upsetting/angering her, but she's also in a good relationship, has started a new business, and has a young son. I really don't think she subconciously wanted it...

She hasn't had the test yet to confirm what it is. So I guess only time will tell. And they often get really awful predictions wrong which makes me wonder should they keep it to themselves?

Having a go at interpreting my readings:

55.1 > something I learnt from but not a long-term connection.
62 > Not fully fledged.

22.1, 3, 5 > 2
22.1 > 'It' (the higher force that baffles even physicists - watched 'Atom' where the concluding remark was that physicists next big Q is how is it that we're made of the same atoms as, say, a rock, but are conscious beings? What does that?) etc. etc. And there are no shortcuts (to knowing).
22.3 > Hilary: 'don't drown in your imaginings'
- Fundamentally it may all be too big for our comprehension?
22.6 > White Beauty > a divine line...
2 > A guiding force that accomodates without prejudice all beings...

And 47 I guess speaks for itself :confused:
But we'll see how it progresses. Can't this hex also about being oppressed by doomful imaginings?

Thanks for your input.

PS. Faith in Yi reconfirmed today with a v apt and helpful reading. It keeps happening yet I still sometimes question it.

Argument:
- 'What if you'd got another answer you'd still get something from it?'
-'Yes I would but no other answer in the Yi (and I know the lines of the Yi) would fit as well as that one. And the fact is I got that answer.' etc.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks very much. Just read the wiki, interesting. Well she is quite a sensitive person and she has been through a lot of stresses lately, in quite a short space of time.

She's having a test on Friday - and if they can't confirm/don't know what it is, I will bring it up.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

Just to let you know the spell on my friend worked! Or at least, she isn't going blind. Turns out it isn't what they thought, though they still haven't said what it is. But the main thing is it's curable!

With regards to the person I wish would return, I think he's getting further away. But I guess that was a selfish spell which may be against my tao. He may not be at all right in my life now, he just was very right at a certain time in my life. Probably the person to have made the biggest impression on me so far, but maybe a relationship like that can only be temporary or you'd lose yourself? Not sure.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd let you know about my friend.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).