Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
chucklesthegirl
visitor
- Joined
- Mar 7, 2010
- Messages
- 142
- Reaction score
- 5
For some reason or another, when I ask yi about my career, I receive responses that appear to be about relationships and conflicts.
Elias pointed this out to me in a career thread and since then, I have noticed this as an ongoing pattern in my readings.
Well, I am contemplating finishing my Bachelors degree and possibly majoring in Marketing. Since I want to work in real estate, i think this could be advantageous to my career.
I asked: "What benefit could getting a degree in Marketing have on my career?"
the response was 38.6>54
Okay, so, reading the Willhelm translation of the line it basically describes a situation where there is a misunderstanding between two people, and one of the people cannot see past their anger/fear/suspicion of the other person and is prepared to fight them.
Nine at the top means:
Isolated through opposition,
One sees one's companion as a pig covered
with dirt, as a wagon full of devils.
First one draws a bow against him,
then one lays the bow aside.
He is not a robber; he will woo at the right time.
As one goes, rain falls; then good fortune comes.
Here the isolation is due to misunderstanding; it is brought about not by outer circumstances but by inner conditions. A man misjudges his best friends, taking them to be as unclean as a dirty pig in and as dangerous as a wagon full of devils. He adopts an attitude of defense. But in the end, realizing his mistake, he lays aside the bow, perceiving that the other is approaching with the best intentions for the purpose of close union. Thus the tension is relieved. The union resolves the tension, just as falling rain relieves the sultriness preceding a thunderstorm. All goes well, for just when opposition reaches its climax it changes over to its antithesis.
I am shaking my head at this because for the past few weeks, i have been fighting with this friend of mine (various threads on this site about that situation) and we recently had a HUGE blow out about a pesky girl (one of several) who caused problems. Things are a little weird still but we are now at a peaceful place...again.
I asked about the current status of that relationship and got 15.2>46 which seems to reflect the situation perfectly.
Then I asked:
what would happen between us and got 61.2.3>37
which.....ugh, that third line....bothers me but does describe the emotional turmoil behind this erm, union.
Then I asked what kind of love he has for me and got 2.1.2.3>11 and that is a nice pleasant enough take on things. Not too passionate not too ambivalent, just easy going and affectionate.
So, I really cannot see how or why the oracle would repeatedly give me responses that show tumultuous relationships for career readings.
Back to my original question.....
I can sort of see how this reading would apply to my question....employers may not think I am a suitable candidate as it stands right now due to my rather dismal resume...yet with a degree, perhaps this would change their views of me as an employee?
I am just wondering why this keeps happening with career readings.....why does it seem as if my relationship issues are coming out in the readings? I really do not consider the situation with my friend to be more important that my career and education....maybe to yi, they are both somehow interwoven?
Fascinating to me.
Maybe I am reading the answers incorrectly or is yi giving me an all around answer that covers a lot of ground? I have noticed that consulting yi is a lot like talking to a friend in that, if I ask a question or seek input on something, it will respond with a very direct answer...however, sometimes it will say something like, "yes..interesting though that topic may be, did you know that...?" and change the subject entirely.
Anyway, i am rambling. Sorry for the long post...I am just a bit perplexed and wondering why this is happening.
Namaste and thank you in advance for any and all input. I do appreciate the feedback.
:bows:
Elias pointed this out to me in a career thread and since then, I have noticed this as an ongoing pattern in my readings.
Well, I am contemplating finishing my Bachelors degree and possibly majoring in Marketing. Since I want to work in real estate, i think this could be advantageous to my career.
I asked: "What benefit could getting a degree in Marketing have on my career?"
the response was 38.6>54
Okay, so, reading the Willhelm translation of the line it basically describes a situation where there is a misunderstanding between two people, and one of the people cannot see past their anger/fear/suspicion of the other person and is prepared to fight them.
Nine at the top means:
Isolated through opposition,
One sees one's companion as a pig covered
with dirt, as a wagon full of devils.
First one draws a bow against him,
then one lays the bow aside.
He is not a robber; he will woo at the right time.
As one goes, rain falls; then good fortune comes.
Here the isolation is due to misunderstanding; it is brought about not by outer circumstances but by inner conditions. A man misjudges his best friends, taking them to be as unclean as a dirty pig in and as dangerous as a wagon full of devils. He adopts an attitude of defense. But in the end, realizing his mistake, he lays aside the bow, perceiving that the other is approaching with the best intentions for the purpose of close union. Thus the tension is relieved. The union resolves the tension, just as falling rain relieves the sultriness preceding a thunderstorm. All goes well, for just when opposition reaches its climax it changes over to its antithesis.
I am shaking my head at this because for the past few weeks, i have been fighting with this friend of mine (various threads on this site about that situation) and we recently had a HUGE blow out about a pesky girl (one of several) who caused problems. Things are a little weird still but we are now at a peaceful place...again.
I asked about the current status of that relationship and got 15.2>46 which seems to reflect the situation perfectly.
Then I asked:
what would happen between us and got 61.2.3>37
which.....ugh, that third line....bothers me but does describe the emotional turmoil behind this erm, union.
Then I asked what kind of love he has for me and got 2.1.2.3>11 and that is a nice pleasant enough take on things. Not too passionate not too ambivalent, just easy going and affectionate.
So, I really cannot see how or why the oracle would repeatedly give me responses that show tumultuous relationships for career readings.
Back to my original question.....
I can sort of see how this reading would apply to my question....employers may not think I am a suitable candidate as it stands right now due to my rather dismal resume...yet with a degree, perhaps this would change their views of me as an employee?
I am just wondering why this keeps happening with career readings.....why does it seem as if my relationship issues are coming out in the readings? I really do not consider the situation with my friend to be more important that my career and education....maybe to yi, they are both somehow interwoven?
Fascinating to me.
Maybe I am reading the answers incorrectly or is yi giving me an all around answer that covers a lot of ground? I have noticed that consulting yi is a lot like talking to a friend in that, if I ask a question or seek input on something, it will respond with a very direct answer...however, sometimes it will say something like, "yes..interesting though that topic may be, did you know that...?" and change the subject entirely.
Anyway, i am rambling. Sorry for the long post...I am just a bit perplexed and wondering why this is happening.
Namaste and thank you in advance for any and all input. I do appreciate the feedback.
:bows:
Last edited:
moment.