Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I've never been very good at love. Stuff like 'playing hard to get' or playing it cool, treat them 'mean' keep em keen', etc. Now I know a lot of that is exaggerated, and I'm too nice to treat anyone mean... but am I being 'too nice' - naive? I know in the past I've tended to be more interested in those who give less... I think there are times when I should have held back - I'm too bold with those I'm interested in sometimes. I still don't seem to be getting it (though am caring less when people disappoint me), can't keep those I like interested for long anyway... scare 'em off. Either that or they just haven't been the right 'ones'...
I asked yi about someone who I sense is backing off though up till know they've been v friendly. However all via email (My life is lived virtually atm, not least my 'love life' if you can call it that). I might be going to the place where he lives soon so thought I'd suggest meeting up. However I feel he has cooled off and sure enough yi answered:
52. Standstill. Consolidating what has come before and bringing it to a stop. (well we don't live near each other, haven't seen him in a long time, but we've sent a lot of emails)
I then asked (though inside knew that it didn't matter what yi said because I intend to meet him anyway) to comment on still asking him to meet up anyway:
4.2,5,6 > 8
I took hex 4 to mean a) unecessary Q b) you can't plan everything out/know in advance, just gotta live and learn it, 8: seek friendship.
So I'm going to do that regardless of whether he 'fancies' me or not... which I think not. Think I come across as over-friendly which maybe guys find boring, or over-enthusiastic/predictable... too easy... etc.
I then asked if someone I'm not speaking to (the guy I'm estranged from mentioned a lot here) thinks of me:
42.1,3,5 > 52
52 again! Not sure whether to take the positive lines from 42 as meaning much, or reading the answer as a sentence? ie more energy into standing still; not being affected externally, bringing movement to an end, a strong mountain, unmovable.
As I received 52 twice I asked (to ascertain whether 'stilling' equated to 'no love')
'What does 52 equate to re. relationships?'
4.3,5 > 57
4.3 makes me worry... I think I have in the past too eagerly 'thrown myself' at people... but at the same time, at the time I see it as just being friendly, acting naturally... although with the guy I'm now estranged from, I did rely a lot on him, and possibly idealise him...
So my main Q is in this thread: Should I be playing a game? Give more respect to the idea of female 'tactics' to keep men interested? That sounds quite base though... but I'm really starting to think there's something in it.... I seem to put people off! Especially the ones I'm interested in...
I then asked, Is it my eagerness that switches them off?
47.1,6 > 10
47 could suggest that my inital approach to having a relationship is wrong... I become too dependant on external validation etc... which stops me from acting sensibly somehow? Whatever that is... I'm really not sure whether I exhaust situations by putting too much into them?? Or whether it's my outlook that sabotages my relationships... and hex 10 is about proper conduct. Apparently it's about a young girl treading carefully after a tiger, then getting a bit over confident or needy, and through impudence, getting herself bitten...
But how to be in the driver's seat? I always bat balls away from my court... never the tiger... well most of the time... then there's that problem when you don't like the one that likes you (happens less often though).
Any tips and/or interpretations here would be very much appreciated!
And happy new year all
:bows:
I've never been very good at love. Stuff like 'playing hard to get' or playing it cool, treat them 'mean' keep em keen', etc. Now I know a lot of that is exaggerated, and I'm too nice to treat anyone mean... but am I being 'too nice' - naive? I know in the past I've tended to be more interested in those who give less... I think there are times when I should have held back - I'm too bold with those I'm interested in sometimes. I still don't seem to be getting it (though am caring less when people disappoint me), can't keep those I like interested for long anyway... scare 'em off. Either that or they just haven't been the right 'ones'...
I asked yi about someone who I sense is backing off though up till know they've been v friendly. However all via email (My life is lived virtually atm, not least my 'love life' if you can call it that). I might be going to the place where he lives soon so thought I'd suggest meeting up. However I feel he has cooled off and sure enough yi answered:
52. Standstill. Consolidating what has come before and bringing it to a stop. (well we don't live near each other, haven't seen him in a long time, but we've sent a lot of emails)
I then asked (though inside knew that it didn't matter what yi said because I intend to meet him anyway) to comment on still asking him to meet up anyway:
4.2,5,6 > 8
I took hex 4 to mean a) unecessary Q b) you can't plan everything out/know in advance, just gotta live and learn it, 8: seek friendship.
So I'm going to do that regardless of whether he 'fancies' me or not... which I think not. Think I come across as over-friendly which maybe guys find boring, or over-enthusiastic/predictable... too easy... etc.
I then asked if someone I'm not speaking to (the guy I'm estranged from mentioned a lot here) thinks of me:
42.1,3,5 > 52
52 again! Not sure whether to take the positive lines from 42 as meaning much, or reading the answer as a sentence? ie more energy into standing still; not being affected externally, bringing movement to an end, a strong mountain, unmovable.
As I received 52 twice I asked (to ascertain whether 'stilling' equated to 'no love')
'What does 52 equate to re. relationships?'
4.3,5 > 57
4.3 makes me worry... I think I have in the past too eagerly 'thrown myself' at people... but at the same time, at the time I see it as just being friendly, acting naturally... although with the guy I'm now estranged from, I did rely a lot on him, and possibly idealise him...
So my main Q is in this thread: Should I be playing a game? Give more respect to the idea of female 'tactics' to keep men interested? That sounds quite base though... but I'm really starting to think there's something in it.... I seem to put people off! Especially the ones I'm interested in...
I then asked, Is it my eagerness that switches them off?
47.1,6 > 10
47 could suggest that my inital approach to having a relationship is wrong... I become too dependant on external validation etc... which stops me from acting sensibly somehow? Whatever that is... I'm really not sure whether I exhaust situations by putting too much into them?? Or whether it's my outlook that sabotages my relationships... and hex 10 is about proper conduct. Apparently it's about a young girl treading carefully after a tiger, then getting a bit over confident or needy, and through impudence, getting herself bitten...
But how to be in the driver's seat? I always bat balls away from my court... never the tiger... well most of the time... then there's that problem when you don't like the one that likes you (happens less often though).
Any tips and/or interpretations here would be very much appreciated!
And happy new year all
:bows:
Last edited:
...)
i guess in terms of the trigrams of course, the lake below, youngest daughter treads upon the creative above