...life can be translucent

Menu

Lost package? 48:3 > 29

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
I bought a nice jacket in the online sales, and it was a little pricey (but I thought what the hell, it was on sale and it was an item I would wear all the time).

Anyway, the jacket didn't work out so I sent it back for a refund via first class post, retaining the postage receipt.

The package should have arrived on Monday. But it has not.

Worse, I looked on the Royal Mail website and you actually have to get a Certificate of Postage stamped when sending packages in order to get a full refund if the package is lost.

So I'm looking at a very costly mistake, very costly. If the package does not arrive I will not get a refund.

I asked the I Ching: Will the package arrive at the retailer?

48:3
THE JUDGMENT

THE WELL. The town may be changed,
But the well cannot be changed.
It neither decreases nor increases.
They come and go and draw from the well.
If one gets down almost to the water
And the rope does not go all the way,
Or the jug breaks, it brings misfortune.

THE LINES

Nine in the third place means:
The well is cleaned, but no one drinks from it.
This is my heart’s sorrow,
For one might draw from it.
If the king were clear-minded,
Good fortune might be enjoyed in common.

*heart sinking* I'm guessing that is a no. WAH!

I'm really hoping Royal Mail (the King - how marvelously literal the I Ching can be) will deliver the promptly.

29 The Abysmal
The Abysmal repeated.
If you are sincere, you have success in your heart,
And whatever you do succeeds.

Dare I hope?! :)

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I might take it as the package is already waiting somewhere at the retailers...and they can't find it. if they looked a bit harder they might do. In a big organisation things can easily be misplaced. I don't think its truly lost i think the fact it hasn't come to light is probably through someones carelessness...and if someone were wiser the problem would be easily solved.

Maybe you should put a little pressure on them to look a little harder their end...not least because from their POV they are probably happier not to pay a refund.

Don't just let it go, keep calling them and asking them to look...well for a while anyway. Don't just hope, make suggestions/questions to the retailer about what they may have done with it

48.3 isn't just a lament at the lack of wisdom shown, its saying 'this is a shame, it needn't be this way if those who had influence used their heads' and went and looked for the parcel

Last edited:

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Trojan, that is an excellent idea!

48.3 sums up perfectly my own gnashing of teeth at my foolishness. I've had too much on my mind and I didn't think when I posted it... I'll certainly have this forefront in my mind (ever presence of danger eh 29?) every time I post something from now on.

Last edited:

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
I think Trojan's idea is great.
Apart from that intuition, though, I can't tell whether it's already arrived or it's stocked in some post office.
Anyway, your package seems to be visualised by Dui (something soft and light used for beauty -- but, also, your money), laying on a shelf (Xun, a long flat surface). Dui changes to Zhen, so it seems to me that a cardboard box or something empty and open is laying upon it (Dui is 'hidden' by Zhen, as the dark line obscurates the bright one). Li changes to (is 'hidden' by) Gen: Gen is the warehouse or stock, and Li was 'the king's clarity' in hex 48, i.e. the package could be found by means of it, but it has disappeared. Kan only has a symbolic meaning here, because in hex 48 it represents the water drawn from the well (through Li, upward) and poured down (Kan) again for the benefit of all; in 29 Kan only descends (back into the well) because it lacks the 'engine' (Dui+Li) pushing it upward (it corresponds to hex 38, here representing the difference of potential that creates cynetic energy); the nuclear hex is now Zhen+Gen, which is hex 27, meaning Wanting and similar to an empty jug.
Try following Trojan's advice, it seems to me the only way you can go.

Last edited:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
also could 29 be saying that even though you didn't get the appropriate certificate of postage, if you are sincere and talk to the royal post about it you will be successful in locating your package or even getting a refund (...that could be a long shot though?)

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks vederedentro, your breakdown of the trigrams was really very helpful.

Chinching, you are right. Prob a long shot with Royal Mail! But I will sincerely try.

I've contacted the retailer and I'll let you know how it goes.

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the I ching: "Will I get a refund?" and got 21.4,5 >42

BITING THROUGH has success.
It is favorable to let justice be administered.

THE LINES

Nine in the fourth place means:
Bites on dried gristly meat.
Receives metal arrows.
It furthers one to be mindful of difficulties
And to be persevering.
Good fortune.

Six in the fifth place means:
Bites on dried lean meat.
Receives yellow gold.
Perseveringly aware of danger.
No blame.

Luis in one of the Memorizing the I ching posts mentioned that money in China was once shaped like metal arrows... I think I will have to work hard (as Trojan advises) but that a refund could very well be possible.

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
21 is 48's polar opposite. They are to each other as yin and yang: opposite but complementary and always simultaneously present as the two sides of the same mountain. These are the two halves of your problem: the package waiting to be found (48) and you biting hard to grasp it (21). This could also confirm that it's hidden deep beneath something. Yes, it means resolute action by you, you have to be very yang here!
21.4: you'll first get an arrow, i.e. something pointing to it, not the package itself. Probably a different phone/fax number, or email address, or a different bureau in general. It is a valid one, since it's made out of bronze.
21.5: it seems you'll find what you're looking for, eventually (or even something different of higher value).
The title of hex 42 (Yi) is used to indicate the 'credit' column in bookkeeping. This can be both the current context, i.e. the fact you are in credit, and the fact that you'll get the refund, as the superior enriches the inferior in this hex. Since you have a very positive line at 21.5, I'm prone to read this outcome as very realistic (provided you do all the best you can and remain 'persevering in danger', until the very end of the story -- something risks to go wrong even when everything seems already done).

EDIT: Remember 21 also means enforcing the laws...

Last edited:

patro

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I think that the answer for a refund in any case is to be find in the first reading.
both are related.... if the jacket not return to the reseller... there's no money you could get back.

the third line of hex 48 is not a good line cause the next sign is 29 that also is the final answer. the dress is some where... it could be usefull... but no one can take advantage from it.
at the same time there is the danger that the pack could go lost under a mountain of other packs :blush: so seeing it from the mountain of packs the jacket is in the abyss.

in the third line is also merged the thought of non-sincerety.. someone is telling you s****t!

the 21-> 42.... in a way is telling you to try a tactic.... write a official paper to send to the post administration office.... where you state that they lost your pack, so.. no pack no refound from the retailer, no refound from the retailer some other is responsible for the refound... they.
advice them that you'll take legal action if the problem will not fixed. specify not for the money ammount but as principle.

you're British.... so, have you a kind of insurance for legal situations?

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Great success!

I rang the retailer on Wednesday and was told that it was very possible they already had the package but as things are so busy at this time of year for them there is a very large backlog of packages still being processed. (21.4: the first arrow)

So a mound of packages was obscuring mine - to the detriment of both the retailer (they could sell the returns afterall) and the customers.

Today I got an email from the retailer confirming they will issue me a refund for the jacket (21.5: increase in the credit line)! Huzzah!

Thank you Tiziano and Trojan for your thoughts and insight.

Tiziano you might find this interesting: The retailer sends out a barcode sticker that you put on the outside of the package when returning items. As soon as the item arrives at the warehouse the barcode is scanned and an email is sent automatically to you confirming the package has arrived. I did not receive this email. I think perhaps the package was not properly identified because it was not scanned when it arrived.

As you said: Li was 'the king's clarity' in hex 48, i.e. the package could be found by means of it, but it has disappeared.

Perhaps the barcode was the Li? :D

Last edited:

patro

visitor
Reaction score
nice for you that all is OK ;)

a question.... was it the first ever time you toss coins about when you've got 48:3 > 29?

or asked you before?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I rang the retailer on Wednesday and was told that it was very possible they already had the package but as things are so busy at this time of year for them there is a very large backlog of packages still being processed. (21.4: the first arrow)

So a mound of packages was obscuring mine - to the detriment of both the retailer (they could sell the returns afterall) and the customers.

Today I got an email from the retailer confirming they will issue me a refund for the jacket (21.5: increase in the credit line)! Huzzah!

Perhaps the barcode was the Li? :D

:pompom: Hurray ! great news ! great feedback !

tiziano

visitor
Reaction score
Bravo! :claps:
:bounce:
And thank you so much for the feedback!
Perhaps the barcode was the Li?
Yes, why not? Or better, the whole scanning (Li=eye) / identifying (Li=to distinguish) process, including the barcode (Li=the document).
Li can represent something written on a physical support (the support is the broken line, the information are the two unbroken lines) because the information is outside and is clearly visible.

On the contrary, once it happened to me that a pendrive I was looking for was represented by Kan, where the support "hides" the information inside it; more clues to this representations are the fact that the information is encrypted, i.e. not human-readable, and the materials themselves, as the "yielding" and inert plastic outside wraps a metallic core where electricity flows (as water flows in a chasm, hidden in the dark). I've added this here because I think it's fascinating to trace the basic mechanics of trigrams in common objects or daily routines, especially when it becomes so easy to compare two opposite processes like fire and water through their tangible manifestations.

signs

visitor
Reaction score
... a but off I ching topic.. but

This is a numerology website to help you to find lost objects. It might sound a bit absurd at first. It helped me two times to trace something lost. And it is of no effort, typing 9 digits. Maybe it comes up with something usefull in your communication with the post and/or the retailer..
http://www.decoz.com/LostObjects.php
Would be nice if it helps! If not it wouldn't be of any harm.

namaste

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Yes Tiziano I think that is facinating as well, you analysis has really inspired me.

I've not really learnt much about the trigrams but I think I will delve more into their meanings. I guess I've contented myself with broad strokes in understanding the I ching before, but not for long!

Patro I've used the I Ching for a number of years, it is truly a magnificent oracle!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).