...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagrams under the pillow

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
I seemed to have hit the learning dip with I Ching, everything was going fast and was exciting and interesting and now I'm in a boring valley of not knowing and it may be sometime before I have anything interesting to say again.

So I've started this thread so I still have an excuse to post here at Clarity, I love it so.

So far I have slept on 25, 18, 31 and have spontaneously dreamt about 29 after spending an evening focussing on it.

Tonight I'm doing 47, I'll post back here in the morning.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
It will be interesting to read what you have to report.
Edgar Casey would put whole books under his pillow at night and in the morning it was as if he had read them.

rosada

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could do that. Sometimes I have a great dream, but usually a hexagram would be a lot more useful than the rubbish my night-mind produces. Maybe a whole book would be too much though, I need some brainspace left over for the things of the day.

When you sleep on a hexagram, does it reveal both its good and its bad side? Because I think they all have both, but it is tempting to skip one side by being 'rational' about them. When one sounds negative, like 47, it has to be only negative and never good and nice or even witty. Then you miss half of the fun.

I wish you a beautiful 47-night.

S

sooo

Let me sleep on it?
Baby, baby let me sleep on it.
Let me sleep on it
And I'll give you an answer in the morning.

- Meatloaf​

In a 47 dream you have to dig for joy, which is your old friend water. Or do a rain dance.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
hahaha, sooo....meatloaf, nice.

a whole book.... wow. I used to read one page of a book in school then pretend I had read the whole book, but thats not quite the same.

Lise, yes all the dreams so far have had both sides, but all dreams have usually ended with the good part of things... except for hex 31 which deeply disturbed me as it featured my sister in law.

47: very brief dream and then I woke up and couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

There was a vast mud field and I had an appointment to see this person who was going to tell me what to do next. I walked across it and when I got to where I was supposed to be going there was an owl and a red envelope. The owl spoke to me about who I should be donating money to (I've been doing some work for a charity lately) and then it turned into a dove with a broken wing and flew away, and it was kind of a tacit knowledge that this bird was a company I was working for. Then I picked up the envelope and asked myself what is this, Then a photo like picture of my aunty (who just passed last week) floated in the air, kind of like a tacky cd rom image, and I knew it was her legacy she left to me. (In the dream I knew but I don't actually know what this means). And then I just stayed in the vast mud field as there was no other place to go.

Now I chose 47 because I have been having difficulty grasping its meaning for different situations. My aunt who just died was schizopheric and lived most of her life alone until she couldn't take care of herself any longer, and then she was in an aged care facility out in the country, the best days of her life.

I'm going to think on it today. This is so much fun!

S

sooo

chingching,

You do know that 47 is an image of a dried up lake, right? I don't mean to assume what you do or don't know yet, but thought I'd mention that your image of a vast mud field is quite a literal image of 47, where the water level lies beneath the lake bed.

The red envelop is, I think, symbolic of a sealed and then opened heart, and a message, the one you were to receive: your aunt's departing message of love to you.

The departing healing dove, too, may be seen as your aunt. Without a physical brain to be impaired, perhaps her mind is recovering to wholeness. At any rate, she did fly.

My impressions only, no prophetic utterance intended.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
sooo that's lovely, and no.... :)blush:) I didn't know the image, I'm still slowly learning all of that stuff and the trigrams, that's sort of why I'm doing the dream thing too to help me remember. I find it hard to place all the info together. Even reading the fantastic memorising threads here I'm still not grasping... remembering it all.

That's really cool that is the image because when I woke up I was mildly disappointed, I think I was expecting a nightmare of imprisonment or something.

S

sooo

Waking up disappointed is like waking in an enclosed tree. The downer of 47 is only changed by the release of a preexisting condition.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
beautiful dream :)

Hex 47 kept me company during the last days of a dear friend. Your dream remind me a lot those days.

T
hat's really cool that is the image because when I woke up I was mildly disappointed, I think I was expecting a nightmare of imprisonment or something.

lol, yes 47 might feels like that but its not only that. I remember his joy and his laugh and I felt that way too. He was so alive ! In that gloomy valley he had to be , his roots managed to find the deep water. I can't think of 47 as a "bad" hex since then.

S

sooo

Almost crossed posts with Maria, to mention good I've found in 47. It acts as part of the being's sensor alarm system, alerting them to a condition which lies beneath the surface: water, abyss, danger, education. What is needed is water, be it from an underground spring or well, or a mountain runoff of melting snow, or rain. I like the image of rain, because I've watched it fill many shrinking lakes. Always a feeling of great joy and relief, sharing the thrill of the underwater world flourishing and expanding beyond its old borders. I don't mean this figuratively only. It's what actually happens in the natural material world, typically in spring - April showers bring May flowers.

But to those whose lives have been devastated by floods and tsunamis, that's more a condition of 28, and it is possible that 28 can lead to a condition of 47 in some other way, when you still feel left high and dry.

Where that rain comes from, figuratively, may have otherwise sad sources, the preexisting condition. Maybe even a lake of tears becomes a lake of joy, transformed by ones own belief, that in spite of sadness they feel, they can experience a deeper and ever widening joy.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Where that rain comes from, figuratively, may have otherwise sad sources, the preexisting condition. Maybe even a lake of tears becomes a lake of joy, transformed by ones own belief, that in spite of sadness they feel, they can experience a deeper and ever widening joy.

love it ! :bows:

rain , to me has a significant value,as an image and the feeling arose from "feeling" it.
Sometimes it feels like wash off difficulties from mind. it has a healing influence.

the image of baptism popped into mind reading your post Sooo. A new life or a new way to see life.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
I slept on 48 last night, more because when I get this for personal question I find myself asking myself what is my well? So In the dream I asked this and my sister walked up to me. And that was the whole dream, the rest of the night I didn't dream. We are both a great at emotionally supporting each other so I suppose between us there is a well we can both go to. Not very interesting but a simple, obvious truth.

Tonight I'll sleep on Hex 7.

S

sooo

I find your trek interesting, innocent and brave, chingching.

I love the image of a sister for 48. You didn't say if she or you are the elder sister, but in 48, the elder sister is below water, in the form of the trigram Xun/Sun, Wind/Wood. She is the means for bringing water to the top. Another image is a tree, bringing water up to the branches, leaves and fruit.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
really wow... sooo I feel quite humbled by your knowledge, and by all those who dwell in exploing divination at large.

um, why yes she is my older sister. 10 years older.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
statusconnex.jpg

not a dream but a nightmare, lol

Had and still have a connection problem so going to my account to check my status saw that screen. It looks like traffic light , yet in that case the options are red-red-red. :rant:

feels like you are stuck in the traffic and there is those lights in front of saying there is no change to keep going. It reminded me of hex 47 a bit.

zuut

visitor
Reaction score
I've tried to sleep with 29 under my pillow, but I find it really hard to focus before I go to sleep. I do feel like I'm becoming more and more concentrated everytime I try though.

S

sooo

really wow... sooo I feel quite humbled by your knowledge, and by all those who dwell in exploing divination at large.

um, why yes she is my older sister. 10 years older.

I'm humbled by your compliment. Actually, I am among the least knowledgeable of the regulars here, but I do have lots of interest in dreams and trigrams, particularly when they arise without conscious foreknowledge of their symbolic meaning or reference. Like being given a key, and searching for what it unlocks. When it "clicks", it opens.

S

sooo

I've tried to sleep with 29 under my pillow, but I find it really hard to focus before I go to sleep. I do feel like I'm becoming more and more concentrated everytime I try though.

Trying may just chase it away, chuckle. It's like trying to remember someone's name, and you're almost about to be within greeting distance, and you try REAL hard to remember, and it runs away, leaving you feeling dumb. At least it does with me. It's a matter of releasing it rather than trying to grasp it.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score

nooo, don't try zuut, take sooo's advice or I don't think you'll be getting any sleep soon
;) :zzz:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hey could this lead to a whole line of Designer Pillows?
A different hexagram embroidered on each one. Collect the whole set...

rosada

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl:

What you need is the hyper colour t-shirt version (or like a mood ring) when you put out a certain energy for the day the corresponding hexagram appears on your shirt.

sooo, I just know how little I know, and I love it when things match up, like the older sister of 48. I could probably read this for myself but I find I get a little impatient with all the details of the yi, there is a lot in just one hexagram and if I see the answer straight away then I don't really bother looking into things any more deeply. But I respect those who do, and I ultimately would like to.

zuut. I get into an air headed state before I sleep on my hexagrams. Literally I clear everything out and all that's left is..."7 ...what a pretty number". ;)

But seriously it like being receptive, same as when you partner dance the women moves in response to the man. However I don't think there can be sure fire way, just got to let it happen...I keep expecting to be laughed at here but my dreams haven't been too far off track so far.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 7

Yesterday was my first day of my new job so I skipped one night of hex dreaming.

um... I had two dreams, the first one all my family and friends were around helping me fix up my house (the actual house I live in) ...at night, but everyone was sort of standing around mildly annoyed and not doing anything.

I was inside my house in my bedroom stressing about everyone that was outside, overwhelmed and not knowing what to say to everyone. Then this guys drove a tiny vehicle through my fence numerous times, destroying it and then I came out and started chasing him and when all my people saw me chasing him they chased him too and he ended up driving away.

When he was gone we all talked about what he could have been doing and noticed that he had completely demolished my grape vine so much that it was dead and it turned out that he was a neighbour and it had always annoyed him that I didn't trim the vine and so he just snapped and drove over everything. Then I walked around to the back fence and noticed that someone had already begun replacing it with a beautiful new fence, but I didn't know who.

dream 2 came after I woke from the first dream thinking someone was actually smashing my fence down and I ran outside to see if it was ok.

The second dream I was in my house again but it was a different one, single fronted two story on a long block, red velvet drapes everywhere. This time only some of my family and friends were there, and they were the people I'm probably the most open with I guess, and my little niece was there.

And we were all going on a trip to a beach house for the weekend and I still had to pack for the trip before we could leave. (one of those horrible packing the suitcase dreams). There were lots of details in this dream, I'll spare you those though.

Everyone asked me what they could do to help so I set some of them up to mow the lawns , got my niece to help me pack my bathroom things, my sister to vacuum the house. And then we set off in a pack of small European cars. And then I was in a car with my mum. And then the road we were all on became flooded so we all drove our cars on the ridge top of the mountains and went really fast. There were many more parts to this dream but too many to write down.

thanks for reading :bows: time for coffee

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
the imagery is very literal. But its made of the stuff I've already read I'm sure, however with the other dreams there were aspects which I did not know of, like the image of 47 and 48.

from lise's site
Determination for an army:
A respectable man (man with a staff) is auspicious
Without fault

The funny thing I've been needing help with fixing up my house for a while and have been reluctant to ask anyone because I find the idea overwhelming, but my brother has said to me on many occasions that if I just have things organised and tell people what to do everyone would be happy to help. And I always get 7 when casting for questions about my house. Oi!:brickwall:

S

sooo

chingching,

Now you're seeing the associations with some foreknowledge of the hexagram's meaning. But there are so many applications and associations, even after decades of IC use, the Junzi discovers new ones all the time. I think that's the 'young' in 'young noble', sometimes translated as 'superior man'. There's no finish line, at least that I know of.

Did you notice from your first dream the resemblance to an immune system? Your fence (epidermis) had been invaded by a guy in a tiny car, and...

I came out and started chasing him and when all my people saw me chasing him they chased him too and he ended up driving away.

Bradford points out that 7 is more akin to a citizen militia than a standing army. Each soldier is enlisted to protect from invasion as needed: the guy wrecking your fence. They (water) are drawn up from the reserves below. But when they're not needed or not called into action to fend off invasion, they go back to every day functions around the farm.

Going to read your second dream again.

S

sooo

the imagery is very literal.

The funny thing I've been needing help with fixing up my house for a while and have been reluctant to ask anyone because I find the idea overwhelming, but my brother has said to me on many occasions that if I just have things organised and tell people what to do everyone would be happy to help. And I always get 7 when casting for questions about my house. Oi!:brickwall:

Your house can be interpreted literally, or it may refer to your being or your mind. An infected mind or attitude, for example, would call up soldiers of intelligence and support, or possibly discipline. Sometimes we just need to snap out of it and do 40 push-ups or tackle a daunting hill, to improve our 'tude.

S

sooo

The second dream I was in my house again but it was a different one, single fronted two story on a long block, red velvet drapes everywhere. This time only some of my family and friends were there, and they were the people I'm probably the most open with I guess, and my little niece was there.

And we were all going on a trip to a beach house for the weekend and I still had to pack for the trip before we could leave. (one of those horrible packing the suitcase dreams). There were lots of details in this dream, I'll spare you those though.

Everyone asked me what they could do to help so I set some of them up to mow the lawns , got my niece to help me pack my bathroom things, my sister to vacuum the house. And then we set off in a pack of small European cars. And then I was in a car with my mum. And then the road we were all on became flooded so we all drove our cars on the ridge top of the mountains and went really fast. There were many more parts to this dream but too many to write down.

Red velvet curtains stand out, as do packing and (again) small cars. Water shows up again, if we're still referencing 7, which is also an abyss (lower trigram). This time it sounds like a dangerous mission along floods and a dangerous abyss (29), the nurturing mature part of your army was with you in the form of your mother. Mother/earth is the upper trigram of 7.

Oh, the red velvet may represent flesh, blood, passion, royalty, intimacy, opulence, maybe some I've missed.

Last edited:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
The first dream played out like a benny hill skit, the second was more enjoyable.

Using the hexagrams does ensure no recurring dreams, thus far anyway. Thank so much sooo, lots to think about.

Certainly the I Ching in this way reignites my connection with 'mankind' as though my mind is the group mind.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday was my first day of my new job so I skipped one night of hex dreaming.

um... I had two dreams, the first one all my family and friends were around helping me fix up my house (the actual house I live in) ...at night, but everyone was sort of standing around mildly annoyed and not doing anything.

I was inside my house in my bedroom stressing about everyone that was outside, overwhelmed and not knowing what to say to everyone. Then this guys drove a tiny vehicle through my fence numerous times, destroying it and then I came out and started chasing him and when all my people saw me chasing him they chased him too and he ended up driving away. When he was gone we all talked about what he could have been doing and noticed that he had completely demolished my grape vine so much that it was dead and it turned out that he was a neighbour and it had always annoyed him that I didn't trim the vine and so he just snapped and drove over everything. Then I walked around to the back fence and noticed that someone had already begun replacing it with a beautiful new fence, but I didn't know who.

dream 2 came after I woke from the first dream thinking someone was actually smashing my fence down and I ran outside to see if it was ok.

The first dream immediately struck me as a body dream, sexual imagery. The vehicle through the fence numerous times....= intercourse...and the annoyance that you hadn't trimmed your 'vine'......oh okay have you ever been with a guy who wanted you to trim your er....you know 'vine' (pubic hair) . Aren't vine leaves shown in older art work to be things to cover the genitals.

Then theres chasing away and so on....it would seem to me this is very much about sexual stuff, the fences body entrances, the back fence, the front fence. The body is often represented as a house, the entrances, body entrances...but fences are protective to those entrances

of course the guy did drive a 'tiny' vehicle through your fence ....so cast your mind back...a guy with a tiny vehicle lol, who wanted you to trim your vine. How did you respond to him

The fact it played like a Benny Hill sketch makes it seem even more likley the first dream is a kind of cartoonish representation of something that happened in your sex life...Smashing down a fence, too forceful physical intrusion..

Red velvet drapes....again I'm sure these have been a symbols for female genitalia.

Maybe its my mind :eek: but the first dream I cannot help but see as directly related to your sexuality

Packing dreams are fairly common, I heard someone say they generally signify attempting to pack too much in, to carry too much baggage with you

Last edited:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score

trojan what are you trying to do to me...I almost fell off my chair

of course the guy did drive a 'tiny' vehicle through your fence ....so cast your mind back...a guy with a tiny vehicle lol, who wanted you to trim your vine. How did you respond to him

my very first love....drove the tiniest vehicle you ever saw. And he had lots of opinions on my vine.

And he really crushed me and it was only last year that I got some closure on it. He was a Sagittarian...urgh! I even ended up moving interstate to feel like I could be free of him.

Maybe you can read anything into dream imagery though... I still see Hexagram 7 in my dreams.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

trojan what are you trying to do to me...I almost fell off my chair

my very first love....drove the tiniest vehicle you ever saw. And he had lots of opinions on my vine.
And he really crushed me and it was only last year that I got some closure on it. He was a Sagittarian...urgh! I even ended up moving interstate to feel like I could be free of him.

Maybe you can read anything into dream imagery though... I still see Hexagram 7 in my dreams.

I rest my case ;)

Besides my interpretation doesn't mean hex 7 isn't there in the dream. Afterall surely you will experience the hexagrams via the lens of your experience and life. Hex 7 has been called 'grief' by some translator...and it also involves defense. Your dream was about your defences, wounding, recovery

As now luckily it seems from the development of the dream you are so over his tiny vehicle and have a brand new fence too :cool:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).