...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 54 on personality

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everybody :bows:
Asked a new type of a question for me-What kind of a person X is? Hex 54 unchanged :mischief:
Perhaps Yi was talking in terms of how the person relates to me at present time?
And a humorous poke from Yi perhaps :)
Anyway, if someone would be described to you as 54 UNCHANGED ;) what would you say about his personality?
Not sure if should give any more data, just wondering what you may come up with in terms of personality from hex reading.
Thanks a lot :bows:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The meanings nearest the core of this are hasty, impatient, superficial, impulsive.
But implied in that is an ability to learn to "uses enduring ends to understand the ephemeral"

elias

visitor
Reaction score
It's always best to assume the IC is talking to you about you.

54: "Making a young girl marry. To go on will lead to misfortune. No profit is gained." Alternately: "To go on an expedition leads to misfortune, with nothing gained." One commentator subtitles this one "Wanting empowers evil."

The lines indicate various traps one falls into when acting out of impatience. Only the fourth and fifth lines indicate that, with patience and humility, the objective might be reached.

D

diamanda

Of course there can be many ways to look at this answer, but right
now three things come to mind,

- either a person with low self-esteem (feels inferior, second-best)
- or a person who IS second-best for you, ie not exactly what you're looking for
- or a person who cannot remain faithful to one partner

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
54: "Making a young girl marry.
I don't recall who made this translation of Gui Mei but it's a bad translation and very misleading. There is no "making" here.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everybody :bows:
Asked a new type of a question for me-What kind of a person X is? Hex 54 unchanged :mischief:
Perhaps Yi was talking in terms of how the person relates to me at present time?
And a humorous poke from Yi perhaps :)
Anyway, if someone would be described to you as 54 UNCHANGED ;) what would you say about his personality?
Not sure if should give any more data, just wondering what you may come up with in terms of personality from hex reading.
Thanks a lot :bows:

nothing, its meaningless to me to describe a person as a hexagram

as Elias said its more likley its talking about you and your relation to/view of the person. Possibly it speaks to your notion that rather than a person being a multi faceted being who be any number of things... a person is a sort of one dimensional cartoon character that can be summed up 'just like that.

I think 54 can be making someone into an object. By trying to fix his or her personlity into one definable picture you sort of make someone less than they are., you try to sum them up. So the 54 could be your action of making this person less than they are, just a facade, a 'personality' that can be categorised, a cartoon.

Maybe you see them in a one dimensional way, infact by attempting to reduce their whole selves to a hexagram I guess you must do.

A person is more than a bunch of personality traits...and even those personality traits will vary according to the lens of the one who views, ie you...so I go with Elias the 54 is all about your view of the person

Last edited:

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
hi,

I actually got this hexagram just now. i asked the yi 'why do i feel like i'm not good enough for him?'

and the Yi answered by saying because i have no self esteem.

simply and clearly put.

thanks everyone.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Glad you got something out of this thread, I have left it aside because I was offended by the comment above. In my case, yi gave the answer of the situation at hand-how the person relates to me concerning its role in my life and at the time, perhaps.
Though, if you feel you are not good for somebody, self-asteem issue must be present.
Good luck, D. (nice touch with your country here happened)

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).