...life can be translucent

Menu

Annual Hexagrams

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Two more days of #29, unchanging (my reading for 2003). As if to drive home the point literally, it's been raining just about every day for a month here, and the year promises to go out with two more wet days. Perhaps the Yi is the Universe's translation book for its sense of humor...

Soooooo...what will it be for 2004?

C

candid

Hi Willow,

Funny thing, yesterday morning I asked about some difficult trials and received 57.5 to 18. Both mention three days before the transition, which of course begins on Jan. 1, 2004.

C

A

ann

I was pondering doing an 'annual' reading, but not sure what to ask.

A 'what does the year have in store' type of question seems close to fortune telling.

So, what to ask? Do you look at the year as a whole, or particular aspects of it? Do you do one reading or several - for example a 'business' and a 'relationships' and a 'particular problem/situation'? I haven't done this before, but would very much like to begin and would appreciate anyone's experiences and insights.

Thank you

jeg

visitor
Reaction score
When I did my readings, my questions were
What can I learn from 2003?
What is my path in 2004?

These questions seemed vague enough to be useful :)

I got 23 unchanging for 2003, and 2 unchanging for 2004, and these questions seemed to merit some yarrow time.

The way I'm using these two hexagrams is, 23 was about stripping away all the crap to reveal what I REALLY want to do, i.e., teach, be a band-leader instead of always being in other peoples bands, self-employment, self-confidence, life is boundless, blah, blah. Just generally taking the lead. Having got that mode of being underway, next year is about being receptive to absolutely everything, which ties in nicely with my recent explorations of Zen Buddhism, which is about being fully present in the here in now (easier said than done).

jeg

visitor
Reaction score
P.S. I've dilberately kept my interpretations of these annual hexagrams vague, so that they don't feel like fortune-telling.

Jeg.

C

candid

2004?

53.3,4 changing to 12

Wonder if 12 is what I'm moving away from or toward?

Now where to find a flat branch....

C

cheiron

Candid

I wonder... Would it further to ask what you need to do to change this potential future... if that is what you are moving toward that is?

Could it be just a warning?

--Kevin

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Here is the link where the discussion took place last year: http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/I_Ching_community/messages/48/492.html?

Hilary had a good suggestion for a question: "W-e-l-l... I just sat on the floor with pen and paper and bowl of marbles and asked for guidance for the coming year. I suppose by that I meant mainly 'what am I meant to be doing next - what is this year for?'. "

And, Candid, 57==>18 and 18==>57 were both discussed!

C

candid

Willow, I think I understand what 18-57 is referring to. I've been laid off for a month and cut back to straight commission. The small company's expansion combined with an extremely slow winter season this year has necessitated these changes. I'm hoping 18 means a return to work, and 57 as the influential aspect of my position.

However that wasn't the reading for the year. 53-12 was.

I usually apply the relating hex as a backdrop these days rather than as a future change. If this is so, then ending the standstill through gradual progress is very hopeful.

Line 3 and 4 also make sense in regard to livelihood. The position is somewhat unique to the industry and entirely separate from everyone else?s functions. This creates some political strife among those who work 8-5 and then go home. They don?t see my evening and weekend calls, or the 3am ad-copy that?s being written. As is often the case, the office manager is closest to the Pres? ear and has the greatest influence. This is a common paradigm in any sales organization. However the very concept of sales/marketing people is foreign to the company as a whole. Up until my arrival the service techs fielded sales calls. This hasn?t exactly made me popular with them either as part of their income is based on their own sales commission. I?m sort of the turd-in-the-punchbowl. Its been a delicate walk to maintain a place within this environment.

Given these changes, I may need to return to the tiny facility where I lived before. Fortunately the owners of the property continuously encourage me to move back with them, and they?ve become dear friends. This may be the flat branch referred to in 53. Also, the flat branch likely means fitting in at work, although awkwardly.

Regardless of these changes, I cling to 24.3, in which Wilhelm?s commentary exhorts: ?As long as a man's inner nature remains stronger and richer than anything offered by external fortune, as long as he remains inwardly superior to fate, fortune won't desert him.?

Peace and blessing for the coming year.

C

C

candid

Kevin, I think there are some warnings in the reading: Arrogance, conflict, anti-social behavior - all pitfalls. Modesty, fellowship, diligence - all favorable.

LiSe?s 53 Waterwheel (treadmill?) seems entirely fitting.

Proud Mary keep on turnin.... rollin down the river...

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Wow. I just realized. I came to this forum almost a year ago. Right after New Year. Not quite in time for last year's annual question.

It took a lot of nerve to do this. My hat's off to those of you who have and who still can.

I got 11.1 to 46. I don't know if I can do this again next year.

Love to all,

Val

A

ann

Gosh, what an interesting group of answers!

I've just done two questions so far

What can I learn from 2003 14.1 > 50

I quite agree with that, although the possession in great measure seems a little over the top ;-) but I suppose that means possession of what!

And

What is my path in 2004

64.2 & 6 > 16

I think I will ask some supplementary questions too later, such as path in business, path in certain situations, but keep the above answer as the 'master'.

It felt quite scary doing that!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).