...life can be translucent

Menu

Assistance with a Reading

paradox13

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the community but would like to say that I am absolutely excited to have found an entire community devoted to the mystery and wisdom of the iching.

Lately though I have been having difficulties all around - with my relationship (10+ years), health (minor but ongoing) and just plain self. To be absolutely candid I find myself angry, obsessed with sex (with other women), feeling fatigued, restless and other strange things that have me questioning my mental health and path. The point is things have been tough for the last two years and I feel like these continued difficulties are inspiring me to make self destructive choices which I know will only further my misfortune, however as the cycle continues it seems like with every pause of awareness I slip back into the same habits. When I look in the mirror I do not see my ideal self. Although I have changed in alot of positive ways there are still very negative elements lingering around which I feel are obstructing my path.

Using the traditional 3 Coin method, this was my reading:

Question "Advice on my current situation"

My reading was Hexagram 51, changing line 3 with relating Hexagram 55.

I have read so many interpretations of this and they all seem negative and eternally vague, furthermore none of the explanations truly cover the relationship of the changing line and the relating Hexagram, which I believe has to be the most important part of the reading since it can change not only the original hex but the relating hex. However, I am unclear about the relationship to begin with: since the relating hexagram spawns directly from the changing line wouldn't this mean it expands on the meaning of the changing line or is it simply the outcome?

Confucius has indicated that querent's under the age of 40 are unsuitable to ask the sage for advice because he felt there inexperience caused them to suffer from a non-acceptance and desire to control fate. Although I can understand what he is saying I feel like most people even those over 40 would love to control there fate regardless of age. Maybe what Confucius was saying is that when your old you have an acceptance of death so you kind of don't give a **** which helps you listen to the subtleties of the iching without getting all worked up. Age discrimination aside, is it improper to ask the sage to expand on this reading or would that be considered a non-acceptance/control of fate??

Personally I am really just looking for advice that I can understand. I would appreciate anyone who can share there knowledge with me and shed some light on this reading, I am truly grateful!

Last edited:

suivis

visitor
Reaction score
51 is a shock is coming! Something that will shake you to your foundations or inspire you all the way to your core. It doesn't have to be bad. 55 says if you stay in the "mourning" stage, there will be problems.

You'll be shaken up by something that will really revive your spirit and help you get out of the stagnation or pit that you're in now. You have to rally the troops and attack (probably life or the things inside you that bring you down, but you have to see what it means to you) instead of stay still and grieve. Be willing to give up the things that are unnecessary, enjoy the bounty of what you have, and share it with others.

For me recently, it was a breakup call, but it was the first conversation my ex and I have had where we have laughed like we used to and now we're starting to reconnect in real ways. We're both working on past issues and trying to make ourselves better people and there is real hope that we can recover from our troubles. Without that fertilizing shock and the laughter, we would have been done. Even on a personal level, I would still be stuck in the mire that I was in instead of making progress towards a more balanced life.

paradox13

visitor
Reaction score
Update.

Thank you Suivas for your insight, i wish i could say things have gotten easier. I went to an Energy worker about two weeks ago thinking maybe it wouldn't hurt to try something new. After the session I seemed to feel ok, perhaps it was psychological. The next morning however I was on the phone with a client and I suddenly became very dizzy as if I was going to pass out, it completely stopped my train of thought. I was able to recover but for the rest of the day my head felt like it was buzzing, I could also feel a tingling feeling in my forehead that became more intense as I focused on it. Since then it has gotten worse, I have headaches followed by pressure in my head and crawling feeling on my scalp. When I am relaxing I can see things moving in my peripheral vision but once I focus on it its gone, I also get a sense like something is watching me. Its not just me, my cats are acting really weird, they wont leave my side and there always staring down the hallway.

I had a major freak out this weekend, my GF went out with some friends so I was home alone with my cats, watching Storage Wars eating sushi when I swear I heard my name whispered. I ignored it and about 20 minutes later something knocked on the dining room table which is about 10 feet away from me, I ignored that too thinking it was the house. Well about 10 minutes later it came again this time louder, my cats both responded glancing over at the table but there was clearly nothing there. A minute later as I turned to dip a roll into a little bowl of soy sauce that was on my lap the knock came again very loud and completely freaked me out to the point where I spilled soy sauce and food all over my pants.My head was on fire, I could feel a dreadful crawling sensation on the back of my scalp and neck. I immediately left hopped in my car and parked in a Ralphs parking lot down the street, I called my friend and talked to him for a bit. While I was on the phone I kept feeling like something was barely touching my hair, after awhile my scalp became itchy. I was too afraid to call my girlfriend and tell her I was freaked out, she was drunk, having fun with her friends I didn't want to be a weirdo but I didn't feel comfortable going in the house alone. So I waited there for five hours until she was on her way home.

I feel like I am going crazy, however not crazy enough to pass for schizophrenic according to an comprehensive online quiz I took, so I guess thats good news.

To make a long story short I found a Taoist who studied with Mantak Chia today and reached out to her. I will be seeing her tomorrow. She indicated to me over the phone that this could be kundalini related, sounds like a pasta to me but upon further reading it sounds pretty intense. I guess the i-ching wasn't kidding.

Today I asked the iching what advice it could give me on this situation and it gave me 32 with lines 2,3 and 6 changing < 35. I guess this makes sense: persevere, I am just not sure of the changing lines, I will certainly ask the taoist priest tomorrow. Anyway, it was cathartic to write this out even if no one reads this.

Last edited:

dilson

visitor
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!

I read what you wrote about your psychic sensibility being put at a higher level after having your energy worked. I wonder if the person were really prepared to help you .
Our energetic field is very sensible and it needs to be treated carefully. What did the Taoist priest say about the situation ? Are you better now?
I sense that you learned something very precious with this experience.

That God ,the almighty .bless your life with wisdom and protection.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Dilson

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had odd sensations and experiences in the past, and finally realized it was kundalini related many years later. I felt like I was going totally mad at the time. A very vivid dream during which I had a profound spinning sensation tipped me off that it was kundalini related. Like I was dizzy and falling upwards. Weird. All I saw in the dream was a spiral galaxy, like in the pictures the Hubble Telescope took years ago. There were many other similarly odd experiences at the time, and it caused me a lot of distress. It was only for a few weeks though. Then, many years later, I started meditating, and in my first meditation I saw a pegasus horse, and in the second, I saw a spiral and felt a kind of spiral feeling. So I read up on Pegasus because I wondered why, of all things, was this the image that presented itself to me? Turned out the whole myth is related to kundalini energy, something I had never heard of before. Then, when I read about the spiral nature of kundalini and the weird feelings that can accompany it, it clicked. I realized that years earlier that was what was going on with me, and the meditation was bringing the movement of kundalini energy up again in a balanced way. Felt very good after the meditation. I can definitely understand why you would be freaked out by that. It does sound like kundalini related to me too, at least based on my experience and what I have read on it. I wonder if meditation or kundalini yoga would be good for you right now. Maybe look into it. Good luck. And don't worry.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).