...life can be translucent

Menu

Newbie Question - 6.5,6 > 40 How can I allow abundance into my life?

Reaction score
For the past few years it has been brought to my attention in a number of readings with cards, clairvoyants, i ching, you name it, that there is a much better life available to me. Much, much, better. I'm supposed to have some good karma coming my way and there have been much effort by a whole army of spirit guides to help bring about this change. It was also made clear to me that I have subconscious feelings of unworthiness and a tendency toward self sabotage. That this may be preventing the universe in getting this gift to me. I can just imagine my poor spirit guides, :brickwall::eek::confused:, after lining everything up perfectly like a stack of dominoes just to watch me somehow walk right by it or mess it up :duh:. So I asked, "How can I overcome my subconscious feelings of unworthiness." and I received 9 unchanging. Any insight on that would also be appreciated. It would seem I have a long ways to go on that one. I was hoping to work that out as quickly as possible though, and I don't see how the hex says exactly how to go about it. Just seems to say it will take a while and there are a lot of details to work out. Feeling a little discouraged by the prospect of still having this problem years from now, I followed up with, "How can I allow abundance into my life." And I received 6.5,6 > 40. Being new to the I Ching, I am not sure how to interpret this. I know this is at the core of all my problems, but not sure how to fix it. How can I change something subconscious? Very frustrating! Thanks in advance for all of your insights. :)

Last edited:

elias

visitor
Reaction score
I'm supposed to have some good karma coming my way

um... in the strictest sense karma is neither good nor bad nor coming your way. It is the consequence of your actions. Toaism/I Ching does not much trouble about karma for past actions. These are in the past and there's nothing to be done about it except live the consequences in the presence without regret. T/IC is about living in this moment and, in a very limited sense, projecting the consequences of present actions into the future.

9 unchanging: "the strong element is being restrained by the weak. There is hope, but major gains are not immediately attainable. Ultimate success will be achieved through friendly persuasion and soothing gentleness" (R.G.H. Siu). IMO, your awareness of the underlying issue is a great first step. Having brought it to awareness, you can now step back and observe those actions and habits that are self-defeating and, in recognizing them, consciously make some better choices. There is no goal, no "cure," there is only doing the best you can in this moment.

6.5.6 : Conflict -- line 5 (citing Hilary) is about arguing and striving toward understanding. Line 6 is about fighting over a meaningless prize -- something with no intrinsic value, a status symbol that comes and goes... The "employee of the week" parking space given to whomever sucks up to the boss. So... something of a mixed message. What are you fighting for? Is it for real understanding or a nice thing that sparkles?

40: Release. Getting clear of misconceptions, habits, wants, conflicts....

Reaction score
Thank you for your response Elias. Yes, I used the term karma for lack of a better word and not in any strict sense, so my apologies if my meaning was construed. I think making more conscious decisions is certainly a good idea. And that is what I've been trying to do. It is difficult when your subconscious mind is actually your own worst enemy. Feel like I have to over think everything. Your insight about 6.5,6 > 40 is helpful. I think it is saying that I fight to have the kind of rewards mentioned in line 6 when I would be able to more easily attain the rewards in line 5, and would be happier. If I could resolve this conflict I would be able to move on to a richer life. Does that make sense to anyone?

elias

visitor
Reaction score
"Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness."
--Zhuangzi

I agree with your assessment. Perhaps if you think in terms of "releasing" inhibitions and impulses rather than "fighting for" some goal, your situation (or at least your outlook) will improve.

By "subconscious mind" perhaps are you perhaps referring to your ego, which pops in with all nature of advice and continually turns things over and over and over, plotting and planning and scripting out the future... ? A difficult but important lesson is to realize that the ego and its advice is not You. You seem to recognize that this entity is separate from you. Having reached this step, you can recognize its intrusions and dismiss or redirect them. Mantras help when they're at their worst, or concentrating wholly on the present moment. You can even talk back when it intrudes. .. "Hello, Mr Ego! Did you just wake up?" ;->

--

Reaction score
Thank you Elias. I think that is a good idea. Funny, I actually have a book on that very topic called The Untethered Soul. It's about that voice in your head and how to shut it up. I haven't read the whole book yet, but maybe I will make some time for it now. Seems like a good first step.

S

sooo

How can I allow abundance into my life?

Be careful what you wish for. An abundance of light can blind you. An abundance of friends will leave little time for yourself. An abundance of wealth will leave you without the ability to live modestly. An abundance of water can drown you. An abundance of heat can swelter you. Too much of anything is typically overwhelming, whereby deliverance is achieved through release of what is abundant.

Sunfit

visitor
Reaction score
40: Release. Getting clear of misconceptions, habits, wants, conflicts....

Good morning Dancing White Ferret. (cute name!) :)

Go out and buy Michael Losier's Book called "Law Of Attraction"

He will show you in simple, easy to understand, nuts and bolts "how to" get rid of these blocks so abundance flows into your life.

No big time deep, clandestine, hard to understand esotertic stuff.

Michael Losier is a MASTER "Law Of Attraction" Teacher/Coach. He travels all over the world holding workshops. His book has changed many lives. NO one on the planet explains and teaches The Law Of Attraction as easy as Michael Losier.
It was not until I bought his book that I INSTANTLY "got it"
You can also follow him on Facebook.

Sunfit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you Sunfit. That is a great idea. Sounds like a great book. I never even thought to check for one on the topic. Who'd of thunk it! I'd love to get a hold of some of those Lightbringer Flower Essences too. They make a blend for this very issue but I'm in the States and just can't budget for it right now (they are made in UK and shipping is expensive). Thank you, Soo, as well. Yes, that is a valid point, and I have been there in the past. Nothing like letting go of some excess. However, I am a far ways off from having too much of anything right now. At least of the kinds of things one wants in life. You got me thinking, I could probably use some deliverance for the negative stuff in my life though, and I think that may be part of what the book and the hexagrams and the advice on this page all talk about. Deliverance of the negative/blockages in order to make room for abundance.

gato

visitor
Reaction score
not related to yi but you are not allowing it, you need to make it. this new age thing about attracting, allowing everything you think of is just marketing bs ( that is just my opinion, of course ).

That this may be preventing the universe in getting this gift to me
the universe already gave you lots of great gifts.learn to use them.

S

sooo

Thank you, Soo, as well. Yes, that is a valid point, and I have been there in the past. Nothing like letting go of some excess. However, I am a far ways off from having too much of anything right now. At least of the kinds of things one wants in life. You got me thinking, I could probably use some deliverance for the negative stuff in my life though, and I think that may be part of what the book and the hexagrams and the advice on this page all talk about. Deliverance of the negative/blockages in order to make room for abundance.

Yes, I certainly can understand what you're saying. I was thinking in terms of 55, which initially sounds very good, but a closer look at the change lines most appear to be try to cope with the abundance, or being hidden from it. Living in the desert, the sun at mid day has given me a perspective of 55/abundance as something which can be overwhelmingly brutal. And so I seek something a bit less abundant. That's where I was coming from.

But I certainly agree with the general idea of what Sunfit brings to light, as well. We do have that capability to draw good or bad fortune to us, simply by the way our mind attracts and opens to either.

Wishing you increase and good fortune.

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Seems to me like Hexagram 6 is primarily about "arguing" for what you want rather than recognising what you have. The first changing line you cast 6.5 I believe refers to getting yourself awake and recognising what is really required. Talk TO yourself, not about yourself. How well do YOU know YOU? Which would also say to me, why is this Abundance thing the focus? What should be the focus? Apparently you are following the "trend" and not looking on yourself as individual and distinct. And line 6.6 says more of the same. Are you a Dancing Ferret or a Lemming?

The background hexgram 40 would indicate to me that in order to make the progress you should you need to Release these preconceptions that stumbling after Abundance is going to give you the juice you are looking for. What does the real YOU say? Get out of this internal conversation and into the Hexagram 40 one.

A dear friend, a clnical psychologist by trade, often says to people that the worst thing they can have is what they want. They've never looked carefully enough at what they're demanding and if they get it they are going to spend a lifetime in misery. Although it may sound funny, he isn't kidding. He's really nailing Hexagram 6.5 and 6.6 right there. I'd start by defining what would truly benefit you, not just something topical which is what Hexagram 6.6 describes -- the line of something truly superficial and transient. I'd bet that if you start with the right focus [the one that comes forth when you apply hexagram 6.5], not just the trendy one, abundance [a feeling of deep satisfaction] will come all on its own as a by-product. XO Arabella

Last edited:

Sunfit

visitor
Reaction score
not related to yi but you are not allowing it,

Correct.

In Michael Losier's book he gives simple exercises how to ged rid of our internal blocks....and "allow"

We must allow for anything to happen.

Allowing is peoples biggest block in attracting abundance.

Reaction score
Thanks Gato. I can certainly understand why you would think that. It seems weird, but I have had occasions where I have received exactly what I have hoped for just by thinking about it. Very specific and even miraculous things. But it never occurred to me that I could be blocking things with my thinking as well. There is something to it. However, there is no substitute for hard work, and I don't think anyone is suggesting that. But it is certainly easier to go with the flow than to swim up steam, and perhaps this approach makes that difference.

Reaction score
Thank you Gato! Yes, I suppose in the end it all comes down to hard work. But, I have had experience with thought manifestation or wishful thinking and there is. something to it for sure. But, I will certainly put my nose to the grindstone as well;).

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).