...life can be translucent

Menu

23.5>59 Should I Stay or Should I Go

Reaction score
23.2.5>59 Should I Stay or Should I Go

Hello Everyone:):):)! Anybody who has read my recent posts knows that I am in a transitional phase, especially in the area of career. I have a friend who offered to let me come work with her doing something similar to what I am doing now. The latest in the job hunt saga...

I asked, "What if I just leave my job to go work at X?" and got 23.2.5>59

So I am seriously considering leaving this position for this other company. I have some friends that left to work there and could do the same. I'm not sure if this is the best move for me though. They are all more experienced and can handle the more challenging work. I can't figure out if this means, yes leave, follow your friends (the fish) and this will lead to a dissolution of your problems. Or if it means don't follow your friends because the situation will dissolve. Or if it means stay where I am and I will receive some favor (fish), but if I leave I will not receive this favor. :confused::confused::confused: I am having a lot of trouble with this one, and it is a very important decision. I don't know what to do!
Any help interpreting this is greatly appreciated as always!:):):):bows:

Sincerely,

Dancing White Ferret

Last edited:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there!

You asked if you should leave your job, and 23 sounds like quite a clear response already: splitting apart, in Wilhelm's translation. Line 5 is auspicious:

Six in the fifth place means:

A shoal of fishes. Favor comes through the court ladies.
Everything acts to further.

The "court ladies" could be the friend who's asked you to go work with her and the other friends who have joined her already, like a queue of fish leading you to the new position :D. I am just a novice but I would consider this as a clear nod from the Yi.

Good luck!

Reaction score
That is the interpretation I was leaning toward as well. Thanks Cris!!!:bows: Sometimes us novices get it right;)! Maybe someone will confirm or correct our suspicions. Funny, hearing the way you explain it, and having it posted up here makes it seem more obvious. I am a little nervous to make this change, so perhaps that explains my hesitancy. I have to admit :blush:.

So I followed up with this question:

"What do I have to gain by switching to X company?"

I got 47.3.4.5 > 46

I thought this sounds kind of mixed. How come the IC only gives me answers I don't understand :confused:. Does anyone else have this problem? (Or some idea of what this means:blush:?) You look at someone else's reading and have some idea of what it means straight away, but your own are like rocket science... :duh: :brickwall: :hissy:
Thanks to all :bows:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
I recently got 47 changing into 23 to an inquiry of mine. Looks ominous, doesn't it? In your case it may well refer to initial adversity bringing to ultimate progress (46). It's not going to be a short term investment, and certainly not even a pleasure cruise, but the outcome appears promising. Just my two cents.

Having said that... the potential change you are currently considering is too important to ground it on the interpretation of a reading. All pros and cons should be evaluated, and the worst case scenario especially taken into account. I wish you great success whatever your decision will be! :)

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
Just a rookie here :D,
But doesn't 23.5 change in 20?
So follow the shoal of fishes (your friends)
To gain a new perspective (hex 20) on your career

And hey, it never hurts to go and listen to what they have to offer ;)

Reaction score
My apologies. It was 23.2.5>59. :eek:
Thank you MyLadyThunder for noticing that! So does what does dissolution mean there then. Follow my friend toward dissolving some problem?

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Hmm... line 2 doesn't bode well. Have a look at this old thread. Interesting reference to the ability to help someone... but overall not looking good :(

Reaction score
Oh yes! Now I remember reading line 2... It does sound ominous:cloud:. But, I was thinking it might be referring to my current situation, whereas 5 might be referring to the change more. Hmmmm.... I'm not sure because the lines are so contradictory!

Pocossin wrote in another thread-
Hexagram 23 (bed) represents your home. Line 2, the disrespect you feel there.

I am currently in a situation like this at home and at work. So I wonder if this line is referring to that. Part of the reason I would like to change, actually the main reason, is I do not like the new assistant manager. I feel very disrespected by him. I am very unhappy working with him and it is making it difficult to be an effective sales person. Also, I have been losing sleep over the situation there. And my home situation, which is also not ideal. I wonder if it means staying at this current job would bring misfortune. The way I worded the question, "What would happen if I just left to work with X?" makes me wonder if the IC is giving me a picture of that whole scenario including the place I would be leaving. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this! Anyone have a suggestion on what I could ask to clear this up? Regardless of what I do, this is definitely a good IC challenge!
Thanks again Cris :bows::bows::bows:

Reaction score
At risk of making this thread extremely long, I started a new one that is related to this one with some other readings that might help clarify. I still think they are saying to leave this job and try the other one out, and I think the new readings will confirm. We'll see! Thanks again:bows:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Ferret,

I too, as probably most people, have suffered from having managers I didn't click with (huge euphemism!). However, many years ago one of my first bosses told me something I have kept as a great lesson till this very day, and which has proven useful in many occurrences of my professional life. Bosses come and go. Never leave a job for the boss you are stuck with at the moment. Organizations change and it's only a matter of time before either you or he move on to a different assignment. If you do like your job it's a blessing, do not give it up due to a situation which is temporary. Bite through (hex 21) and resist. You will not regret it, as I haven't.

Just some common sense advise based on personal experience.

:)

Reaction score
Yes, good point Cris! Unfortunately, there is more to it than that. This job leaves a lot to be desired. And, unfortunately, this guy isn't going anywhere either. I started a new thread related to this question though to try to help clarify things. And it is. I think you were on point with your original interpretation though. I am leaning toward the new position, but also exploring the possibility of doing both! If you are curious about this whole mess, than check out my new thread 30.1>56 JUST CAN'T DECIDE Please, help.
Thanks again :bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).