...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex.26 moving to hex.11

french_taoist

visitor
Reaction score
Hi back Friends,
lah.gif

For the past couple of weeks or so I didn't get to participate in the forum and lost track of the recent threads of discussion...while trying to get an update about the latest posts I realized that members in this forum are genuinely generous people and that among you, guys there is always someone willing to help or give good advice. The point not being how interesting or uncommon the questions and readings of others are but rather how to guide someone so they can make sense of the events occurring in their lives...and it seems to me that you guys are doing an outstanding job in that respect! Anyway, that was my way of saying hi back and thank you for your helpful advice and insights.

As some of you already now, I have been struggling for quite a while looking for a job; for those of you who would like some background info about myself and know more about my previous questions/readings in this forum, here are a couple of links I can refer you to:

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/I_Ching_community/messages/92/2068.html?1084528972

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/I_Ching_community/messages/92/2132.html?1086520503

Anyway, a couple of days ago I asked the Yi about the current state of my job searching, I asked: "what direction should I take with my job-searching?"
I got the following: hex.26 moving to hex.11.
At the time, I thought it might be a pretty auspicious reading...or that the I Ching was trying to encourage me to actively look for a job as at some level things seemed to pick up for me... the thing is I would like to make the most out of this Yi's advice and thought you guys could be of great help in that regard. So, any input from you would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
zen2.gif

french_taoist

visitor
Reaction score
Hilary, I was wondering if you could, please, delete my previous discussion thread titled "French_Taoist" as I mistakenly created that thread.
Thank you in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

-- Christophe/French_Taoist

C

candid

I'll post this here too.

Christophe, if you go into "formatting" you can delete the other post, though I don't think the whole thread.

anyway:

Welcome back, Christophe.

This certainly does appear optimistic. Especially the top line.

There is amply stored energy and knowledge, and going out into the public is definitely in harmony with the time. Your principles are in harmony with heaven. Everything looks fertile and blessed.

Be expectant.

You are well prepared. You have everything you need now to get it done.

In the process, remembering all you?ve learned, so that costly mistakes aren?t repeated.

Being filled with heaven, that?s a special kind of confidence.

The only caution is to hold firmly to what you know is right. If that root remains firm you will progress. This potential is what you?ve waited for.

I?m excited for ya!

french_taoist

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Candid! :)
how is my loyal friend doing?

Wow! I'm happy that my reading sounds to you at least as optimistic as I thought it would be! :)

What I'm going through right now is kind of odd, I feel something has changed inside me (which I would say is) for the better but I do not really know what exactly has changed so it's kind of hard to stay the course as I don't know what course I am on. What I do know though is that for the past few weeks I have contemplated the idea of doing a combination of French teaching (in private schools to start as well as doing some tutoring) and doing translation work in French and English. I have some experience in both areas. It's worth noting that before changing my major to Business Management I wanted to specialize in Professional Translation in French, English, and Italian. I had applied to a couple of schools to do a Masters degree in that field before I "suddenly" changed my mind...for a number of reasons I thought at the time that I would be better off majoring in Business Management...now, I'm not so sure I changed my major for the right reasons.
The thing here is when I think about teaching and doing translation work I don't feel like it's painful, like I am trying to be someone that I am not, which is the way I usually feel with many of the business/management/marketing/finance type of jobs that I see or that I have applied to so far.

Yeah, that's what I tried, ie: deleting my post but that wouldn't work either! Anyway, Hilary was kind enough to fix my mistake. ;-)

Thanks a lot for the article. It's kind of reassuring to know that I'm not the only one in that situation...the strategy they formulate at the end of the article may work if you're sincerely interested in the job and if the reasons you give are well articulated.

Know that if things seem to be getting better for me (or at least an improvement seems underway) it is partly thanks to you and your inspiring guidance.

Thank you so much Candid.

french_taoist

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Last Thursday, I was told through a friend that some people were looking for a French-English interpreter for the press conference that was going to be held a few days before the match between the French Rugby Team and the USA Eagles. He told me that I should let him know if I was interested to be the interpreter at that press conference, if so he would give me the name of the person to contact, etc...
Needless to say I was excited! I called him back to say I definitely wanted to do it, after a couple of phone calls I got the name and phone # of the contact...
Anyway, last night, I asked the Yi about that interpreter-for-one-night-job as I feared I may not have the skills to do conference interpreting (I do not have any experience whatsoever with interpreting).
To my question "how about being the interpreter at the press conference with the French Rugby Team?", I got the following response: hex. 14 moving to hex. 54.
At first, I was kind of confused by my reading but after a while I thought maybe the Yi was trying to tell me that:
I have the capabilities to do the job but that I shouldn't expect to be praised for it, ie: it doesn't matter how good a job I might do, my work will go unheeded...I should just accept that...no misfortune.

I would be very interested in knowing what's your take guys on my reading, any insights about the moving lines I got would be very useful too.

Thank you in advance!

C

candid

Christophe,

Aim toward the work you would enjoy most. Its also what you'll do your best in.

RE: 14-54, I wouldn't say that you'd receive no recognition, just that recognition isn't the best reason to do it. I take 54 to mean that its a gateway, not a permanent gig. Very promising though.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Interpreting? Wow. I don't have the emoticon for how impressed I am!

A couple of bleary late-night thoughts...

My first impression would be that 14 says you have the abilities to do it; 54 says you're taking those abilities into a context where you'll feel out of your depth. (Of course I am cheerily projecting here how I would feel if asked to do live interpreting - hope it's still near the mark...) The moving lines strike me as encouragement for thinking big, and just very good news indeed.

26,6 could be the moment when you finally get the opportunity to share your abilities. Both 26 and 11 have 54 as nuclear hexagram, by the way - that same possibility of being swept up to a new level beyond your experience or control. Maybe the '54 experience' is something you need to travel through?

french_taoist

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candid,

thanks for your helpful input (as always)! And if initially I can only get low recognition..., so be it!
wink.gif

Hi Hilary,

Thanks for your encouragement and for sharing your somewhat different perspective with me!

And the "54 experience" is something I'll keep in mind...very interesting!

Merci.
shades.gif

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).