...life can be translucent

Menu

42.5>27, 27.4>21 Plenty of food for thought..

angeleyes

visitor
Reaction score
Hello again to everyone!

I need your lights once more with two readings that seem to be interconnected somehow.

The first one is about a man I recently met. I've only seen this person twice, in the same house, with the same group of people. Both times, the feeling was the same. It was like we communicated simply by looking into eachother's eyes. The attraction was there but it seemed to be working in more than the physical level. The connection was so primal that it just can't be put into words. I've had such experiences in the past and what i've learned is that they don't mix well with real life :eek:. For some reason i can't get this man out of my head since the last time we met and although i don't want anything more to happen between us (i've had enough of that in my life) i have to admit i want to see him again! So, i turned to the Yi for guidance:

"What do i need to know about the appearence of this person in my life?"

42.5>27

I think it's the first time i get this line. Is it saying i am a good person?? Well, that's nice i am a good person and he knows it...:confused: Something is missing, isn't it? And 27. I'll get back to that.

Since i am going through hard times in my life lately, i asked another question of a more personal nature:

"What should my main focus be at this time?"

27.4>21

I think i can relate to the hungry tiger..I'm in a long distance relationship. I mean a really long distance.. :brickwall:. It's been 6 months since we last met. I love him and i know he does too and we're trying to work out a way for us to be together. However, i feel tired and lonely and deprived of the intimacy that's my personal fuel. If 27 is about food, then i'd have to say that i can feed on intimacy only, and i miss such moments more than anything..

Could that be the connection between the two readings?
Am i a hungry tiger looking for intimacy and passion and is that the reason i can't stop thinking of that other man?

I have to say i loved both lines.There's something inspiring about them and i'm curious about your experiences and ideas. Please feel free to let your imagination run wild ;).

Love,
A. :bows:

PS:Winter is finally over. Spring is here and i hope you're enjoying it!!

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
"What do i need to know about the appearence of this person in my life?"

42.5>27

This line often takes the meaning: You shall be known for your kindness. Don't ask too many questions about this [the subject of your inquiry].

"What should my main focus be at this time?"

27.4>21]

This seems to be more a comment on your own state of mind when you were asking the question. Sometimes Yi just holds up a mirror so that we can see ourselves more clearly.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
I think that 42.5 may be saying that this man was drawn to you, because he sensed your goodness and kindness. And that is a very nice thing indeed!

42. Benefiting

Line 5:

Having confidence in a compassionate heart.
One shouldn't question this, it is a source of good fortune.
Having confidence in compassion is my virtue.

Being compassionate and kind. This is a beneficial state, that helps a lot in matters with people. Trust it, there really is no need to question it.

The second:

27. Hunger

Line 4:

Hunger is at its top.
Good fortune.
The tiger observes, gazing, gazing,
chasing her desire, chasing.
Without fault.

Having a great desire for something, so that it completely captures one's attention. One is pursuing it intently. There is nothing wrong with this. Things go well.
I think there IS indeed a connection between your long distance relationship, and your connection with this other man. You are crying out for intimacy. Somehow, things will work out, it would appear. :)

angeleyes

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both for your quick replies!

I do have the feeling some times, ginnie, that the Yi is holding up a mirror for me.. In this particular case, it felt like it was taking me back to the previous reading, as if there was something in there that needed clarification. When i ask two questions one after the other and i get the same hex, it often feels like the Yi is trying to stress something out for me, as if something important is in there and it's helping me see it a bit clearer.. That's why 27 seemed to be of importance here. Just in case it makes any difference, the actual wording of the second question was more like "What should my main focus be at this period in my life" or something like that, but i tried to find a simple way of translating it..

I liked your take on 27.5, foxx777! Especially the part where it's ok to pursue the desire. This is a very confusing time for me, with so many feelings involved (guilt and fear included)..I do feel like there's nothing wrong with my hunger. I had a thought yesterday that this is more than just a desire for intimacy and romance. It's more like a desire for life itself and that couldn't be wrong, could it? :)

This whole situation seems to motivate me to take my life in my own hands. Things are stuck both in my personal and professional life and it would be nice if the tiger inside me was as determined and alert as the line describes it. Survival instict comes to mind..I sometimes think i don't have one :p

Although 42.5 sounds sweet and comforting i still don't "feel" it like i do with 27.4. I'd love to hear if someone has some real life experience with it, it's gotten me curious..:cool:

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
42.5, in addition to the translation I used in my post above, is said this way by Legge:

5. The fifth NINE, undivided, shows its subject with sincere heart seeking to benefit (all below). There need be no question about it; the result will be great good fortune. (All below) will with sincere heart acknowledge his goodness. Line 5 is strong, in its fitting position, and central. It is the seat of the ruler, who has his proper correlate in 2. Everything good, according to the conditions of the hexagram, therefore, may be said of him;--as is done.:p

Yes. I have had experience with this line, usually when I am sincere but experiencing , as you are, doubt, fear, guilt. As you asked the question, "what is the meaning of the appearance of this person in my life?", it seems to show that it was/is in some way fortuitous.

I think your "hunger for life" as you put it, cannot be faulted, and if your goodness attracts others, there is nothing untoward about it. Of course, where this may lead is a matter only you can be the judge of in your life. But the energy is not a bad thing.:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).