...life can be translucent

Menu

What is happening with friend? 47>23

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
What is happening with friend? 47>2

Hello, there is an once very active online friend gone off the radar. Last we spoke, must be a few months even now, he told me his health went for the worse again but he is in a convalescent phase and lets wait it out. Was present a bit afterwards, then nothing..he has been in my mind and I am very worried..finally, just asked Yi now and i am too upset to see this reading through..:cloud:
What is happening with I?(Why he is not present anymore) 47.2,4,5>2
From this, I think he is in the hospital and unable to chat online - that is all i could make out of this reading.
Very upsetting to build up the picture further in my head..please give me an input if you had the experience with this cast :bows:

Last edited:

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
I think the 23 is a bit upsetting, but perhaps it only means he is splitting apart from his online presence for awhile. But wait, these lines lead to H2, not H23, according to the eclectic energies site. And it checks out, the relating H is 2, not 23///

H47, Exhaustion, is very apt Re health problems. The lines: This is the translation and commentary which I have come to trust, as it has been straightforward and accurate. Of course Legge, Wilhelm, Lynn, Hilary, and others may also be consulted.

Not to be negative, but to me, this is indeed indicative of hospitalization , and perhaps even worse, and I did get this Hexagram about my husband during his illness. However, it could be taken to mean simply a period of resurgance of the illness, which can yet again lead to renewed health. I do not know the situation well enough to say. I wish your friend the best of health of course.

47. Confined

Line 2:

Confined to wine and food.
A scarlet ceremonial dress has just arrived.
It is beneficial to make a ritual sacrifice.
Undertakings bring misfortune,
without fault.

Focussing on only pleasurable things. It is better to take on a more responsible attitude, and not neglect more important things. This is not the time to undertake something new. One is not to blame.
(The scarlet ceremonial dress is needed for the ritual sacrifice.)

Line 4:

He arrives slowly, slowly,
confined in a metal carriage.
It is inadequate,
but it will end.

Things proceed very slowly, as one is confined to one's limiting situation. Things don't go adequately, but will come to a conclusion.

Line 5:

Nose cut off, feet cut off.
Confined in a red ceremonial dress.
Then relief, there is freedom.
It is beneficial to offer sacrifices in worship.

Being released from a situation where one is severely limited and oppressed.

Hexagram is changing to:

2. Land

Land.
A foundation for progress.
Beneficial is the persistence of a mare.
The noble one has a goal to move to.
Being confused at first,
later acquiring mastery.
It is beneficial that companionship is gained in the southwest,
companionship is lost in the northeast.
Calm persistence brings good fortune.

There is a new potential, for you to develop. At first you'll not know your way, but you'll gain a handle on the situation and eventually master it. Just calmly proceed. It is beneficial to make partners and allies, and not to move on with people who have different interests.
(At the original place and time of the I Ching, allies were in the southwest, territory they wanted to conquer was in the northeast.)

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, now I see, resulting hex is 2... must be in hospital, people around him, wearing aprons, knee bands, nose and feet cut off..damn it
Could we say, according to 5th line, although his recovery is slow, he will make it?

Last edited:

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, now I see, resulting hex is 2... must be in hospital, people around him, wearing aprons, knee bands, nose and feet cut off..damn it
Could we say, according to 5th line, although his recovery is slow, he will make it?
Yes, I think there is the hope for that.

At the very worst - and I hope of course this is NOT the case - were he unable to recover, this translation of H2 would seem very hopeful RE an afterlife, and a whole new beginning for him. (see the text for H2)--- That of course is only the worst case scenario, and is only a potential. But there is even hope in that. (and if you look at this version's rendition of line 5, death itself would be a release : " Being released from a situation where one is severely limited and oppressed.")

However, that is only a possibility. I think your friend may well recover. Prayers out to him for a speedy recovery.:bows:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
He has been fighting this for a few years, I think. A fighter and a rich personality..I hope few others will say something as well..thank you foxx

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
He has been fighting this for a few years, I think. A fighter and a rich personality..I hope few others will say something as well..thank you foxx
Most welcome, and I do wish him all the best. x

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What is happening with I?
47.2.4.5 > 2

47 implies a condition of restraint like a root-bound plant. His bondage, though, may be psychological rather than physical. Oppression in the lines suggests that he is in no condition to communicate, and hexagram 2 suggests that initiative on your part is unfavorable. By why not a note, like "I hope you are feeling better now"?

persephone

visitor
Reaction score
I'm in agreement with Pocossin. In the past 47 often talked to me about depression, about being confined in your own mind. It doesn't have to be a real clinical depression but one of these phases in life where you're struggleing with things and you cannot communicate with others untill you've resolved the problems in your head.
I think 2 could mean a lot of things: problems with a woman? Childhood stuff? Problem with friends? Or maybe it simply says that he is unable to move right now and things will pass soon enough.

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
i agree with the depression interpretation for 47 - I have
always seen it in relation to depression

but could i interpret the hexagram 2 as meaning the situation
is yielding (to treatment?) or that patience is required (he is
the patient)

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your interpretations,
but I would not be that bothered if he was not seriously stricken the last time I heard form him...and since knowing he likes to be online when he is feeling well enough to communicate (used to be very active), I don`t think sending a note would be of much use...thought of a postcard but if he is in hospital....:confused:

Indeed yes, got hex 47 once for someone who was at the time depressed and in need of sorting a health situation out but this could be much more serious...but still as dangerous as it can be to harbor too much hope, this time I will try, thank you for it. :hugs:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
No :(but I will send him a postcard - that`t the least I can do...thank you for asking, persephone:hug:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
What happened, as i can recall, was that his disease returned and he went offline while in treatment. Many people worried about him, i sent a postcard and when he returned, my ego felt bruised that he did not contact me personally, so i dropped the connection entirely.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).