...life can be translucent

Menu

imaginememore

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new, but I have a question that I need some help with. Recently, a girlfriend posted on line a picture of herself with a butterfly. Everyone was ecstatic about it and saying a good omen it was and so on. I adore this girl, and I have been nurturing along a relationship. We are friends and I want to build it romantically. She is slow, and I am lovingly biding my time. We seem to be in an reciprocal place. Today, while at a bus stop, a butterfly landed on me! Serendipitous or fate or God working??? Anyway, I sent a picture of it on my hand to my girly friend. I also ask yi "What does my girlfriend feel about the butterfly pic? I got back a 10.5 --> 38. Can anybody tell me what this is reference to? What it means?

Thank you in advance for your help.

David

imaginememore

visitor
Reaction score
An interesting yi I just did 22.1 The question: The butterfly pic and J's feelings toward me about it? 22.1 I take this to mean that she feels like there in incredible beauty in it, and loves the fact that a butterfly landed on me and that in due time, you will have your harvest (me) Hilary says -->The young man becomes a suitor for her and for their wedding; people become teachers for the sake of their pupils, or actors because there's an audience. This can become a question of self-image: being something for someone. Objects, too - like the plant in the hexagram name - can evolve a beauty of form to express their purpose.

52 says, DO NOT DISTURB what you have done. It is beautiful. Let me enjoy it awhile. Let me look at the creation of sameness you have made. Maybe, deep down, she may be saying, you touched my soul David, and I love you for the beauty you see in it.

Any reflection will be helpful.

Thanks

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
If the subject is your friend (which always makes the readings confusing, imo, the I Ching is not necessarily a mind-reader, but it could help you view the situation from a potential pov) then you'd do well to look at the answer from the point of view of this friend.

What does my friend feel about the butterfly pic? I got back a 10.5 --> 38

She is treading along a path which stands before her and then she must rethink it. Something bright and new has interrupted her path, a cause of opposition. The inner remains Joyous but her outer situation goes from The Creative (a path before her) to The Clinging (a new truth or circumstance). It could be that this picture revealed what it did to you, a connection, or the way you presented it could have revealed your true feelings to some extent, previously hidden. At first there is a tendency of these things to go opposite ways: fire rises, water sinks, but it may not last forever. tl;dr: the picture and what it revealed about you interrupted what she was already doing, for better or worse.

the second question you posed is almost identical to the first... even the subject (her) is the same. Don't understand what the point of asking it so quickly after was... but ok.

The butterfly pic and J's feelings toward me about it? 22.1

Within it's a bit startling (lower trigram Li) but she doesn't show it (upper trigram Kên), Grace. Then she forgets about it entirely (both trigrams Keeping Still), or simply has no feeling about it.

personal advice: If you have feelings for this person, be upfront about it. Take the risk and get it over with.

imaginememore

visitor
Reaction score
Hi--
thank you very much for responding. I am not sure about some of the things you are saying. So, I added some information I think you need.

I tell her everyday how I feel about her. She knows. We're are just taking it slow. The question is only about the picture and what she thinks about it--if she felt a connection like I did or if I am imagining things. The connection I felt was very powerful. And my feeling have not been hidden. I don't know what you mean by interrupted what she was already doing? Do you mean similarly to a phone call interruption? She's in pain, she had an accident recently. A phone call and things like that interrupt my concentration all the time. Pain is very self absorbing usually anyway. So...I hope this helps in the interpretation, because I am a bit more confused than when I first posed the question.

Oh, what does tl:dr mean?

Thank you, I hope there will be more to shed light on this for me. Thanks.

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I was confused about your situation. But some of it still stands. Treading (hexagram 10) is imo all about carefully following a path and when it changes to opposition, it's as if something interrupts that path. As said before, it could be good or bad, but knowing more about your situation, I see it as good, yet still a surprise. In this case a pleasant one most likely.

And for the second reading, Keeping Still is fairly elusive, and it could indicate comfort as well, or not-doing. But perhaps my original interpretation will still stand, and while an interesting occurance, it'll be pushed aside due to this pain, or other feelings, or other things, etc. But who knows. (or possibly, since the Image is of two mountains standing close together it'll expand your relationship and add a bit of stability and "good omen").

tl;dr is internet slang for "too long; didn't read". It's used when you're summarizing what you wrote previously.

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
No chance

Hopeless is the word.

Hexagram 10: one yin line and five yang line. This girl has many male friends. Five men fight for the same girl.

Hexagram 38: difference in values and opinion will lead to separation.

Plum Flower Iching analysis
Hexagram 38: line 4-6 li (fire); line 1-3 tui (metal).

Fire suppresses metal.
用克體,不可成,成亦有害
This means this relationship will not take off. Even you get together, nothing good comes out it.

Sorry!

Six line analysis:
出生时间:年 性别:男 起卦方式:直接指定
起卦时间:2012年05月29日10时42分

神煞:天乙—寅午 福星—午 日禄—申 羊刃—酉 驿马—申 桃花—卯 华盖—戌
干支:壬辰年 乙巳月 庚寅日 辛巳时
旬空:午未  寅卯  午未  申酉

六神  伏神    艮宫:天泽履          艮宫:火泽睽
         【本 卦】           【变 卦】
滕蛇       ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟壬戌土     ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母己巳火  
勾陈 妻财丙子水 ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙壬申金 世○→ ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟己未土  
朱雀       ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母壬午火     ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙己酉金 世
青龙       ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟丁丑土     ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟丁丑土  
玄武       ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼丁卯木 应   ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼丁卯木  
白虎       ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母丁巳火     ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母丁巳火 应

line 5: you like her very much
line 2: she think of you, but do not feel that you are suitable to be the future spouse.
Line 5: young lady is moving towards another guy, but you do not who that guy is.
Both line 2 & 5 are yang lines, both parties do not share same vision and values.
This is just a temporary romance, nothing for the long term.

Hexgram 38, line 5 gives birth to line 4. Someone is after her and is making progress.

This girl has too many male friends.

imaginememore

visitor
Reaction score
If you are so sure that it is hopeless, then yi for me the next lottery numbers. I am out of here. I am really sorry I asked. I am never coming back. You people hurt people. You could read this any way you want. I don't belong here anyway. No, what you are reading are MY fears, and yes she has lots of male friends, so do a lot of girls. I have no idea what you're saying! This is my mind conjuring up MY fears not hers. Yes I AM worried a little, because a lot of guys do hit on her, but she has been loyal to me. I FEAR just like every other guy who has a pretty girl.

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
Whoa, relax buddy. long yi's just sharing his interpretation with you imaginememore. His is very interesting, and sometimes strangely accurate, but like all interpretations it should be taken with a grain of salt, so don't get so defensive, because you know the situation and we don't. My original interpretation was based on you not being with this girl, that's why it was a bit negative to begin with, but knowing you ARE with her changed the meaning (from my pov) a bit, so no worries. You got one pretty positive interpretation and one not-so-positive. But you asked for interpretations, and you got them.

Imo, none of these "divination" methods are ever 100% correct, they're mainly just thought exercises, to look at the situation another way. You posed your question, and we, being very interested in this particular method (The I Ching), tried to read based primarily on the casting.

Don't be mad at us, is what I'm saying. This is exactly what you asked for, we're only trying to help.

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
My analysis is based on what the literature suggested. You asked what it means. I tell you what it means as per Iching literature based on 6 line method, plum flower method and literature. You have the right not to accept the analysis.

According to Rosemary Burr (Lover's Iching hexagram 38), Quote: The danger here is that you will let your emotions override your logic. Don't ignore the differences in long term goals or philosophies of life. Unquote

At present, there is no Iching literature on the prediction of winning lotto tickets. Iching analysis is based on a combination of what is published so far in the various books using different methods. There are people that predict stock values (not my expertise).

Iching teaches "go with your head or your heart" and "desirability and affordability".

If you like her, keep trying. The future is in your own hands and the decision is hers.

You will know your answer by September 4 - Oct 3, 2012.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).