...life can be translucent

Menu

please help not sure what this means

chrissy11

visitor
Reaction score
Does my exboyfriend have a girlfriend? because he spent the day with me and then I heard he had one
Your reading resulted in the following hexagrams:

Hexagram 54, the Marrying Maiden

Key Questions
How can you grow into this situation?
What does it mean to you to come second?
How sustainable is this?

Oracle
‘The marrying maiden. To set out to bring order: pitfall.
No direction is fruitful.’

A young girl, not yet a woman, comes home to her new husband’s house. A nobleman of old China would marry his ‘first wife’ with great ceremony. She would go to her new home accompanied by a group of female relatives who became ‘second wives’. These are the ‘marrying maidens’: they are present simply to make relationships easier and have no status of their own. As a marrying maiden, you have accepted a relationship where you come second. You are only here to play a supporting role; it would be disastrous to try to shape the situation to fit your own needs. You are too junior, not yet ready to exert influence; there is no point in your setting intentions or making plans. All you can do is to feel your way, adapt, and find your place, without originating any action or having any agenda of your own.

‘Above the lake, there is thunder: the Marrying Maiden.
A noble one through ever-flowing endings
Knows what wears out.’

Sequence
The Marrying Maiden follows from Hexagram 53, Gradual Progress:
‘Making progress must mean a time to come home, and so the Marrying Maiden follows.’

Text excerpted from Hilary Barrett’s I Ching: walking your path, creating your future, © Hilary Barrett 2010.
I Ching reading from Clarity
Free I Ching reading
Introduction
Cast a reading
More help with your reading
Old-style reading
Hilary Barrett translation Legge translation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can share your reading with the I Ching Community here: explain to people what you were asking about, and post your question Does exboyfriend have a girlfriend? and Yi's answer, 54.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Key Questions
How can you grow into this situation?
What does it mean to you to come second?
How sustainable is this?

This is what you have to ask yourself. It sounds as if he may indeed have someone.

It is tricky, as normally the advice would be, depart from him. Who wants to be cast as second, as in an inferior position?

However, H54 does indeed speak of "she returns, and accepts an auxilary position". I once was in love with a man who had a girlfriend. I came second. I adpated, and became his wife, and the mother of his only child, our son. Each case is different. You must decide if he is worth the fight and the wait.
:bows:

chrissy11

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Foxx, for he had left me telling me he did not want a relationship it was too serious now he is in one, but I have got iching readings that he regrets vanish and returning thats why its confusing that it would say returning and regrets vanishing and he is still thinking of me.

chrissy

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
I think there must be ambiguity there, a conflict, not a simple and straightforward situation. You are going to have to use some of your own intuition and logic, both. Regrets vanishing and returning may be a potential of the situation, if you conduct yourself in a certain way, or want to commit to a certain path.

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Six line analysis report

Through initimate, the success of the marriage appears unlikely. Even if the marriage takes place, there is not a harmonious match. For woman, you may be the second wife or the mistress.
Unquote

Source: Melyan & Chu

Your six line analysis:

出生时间:年 性别:女 起卦方式:直接指定
起卦时间:2012年05月29日04时53分

神煞:天乙—寅午 福星—午 日禄—申 羊刃—酉 驿马—申 桃花—卯 华盖—戌
干支:壬辰年 乙巳月 庚寅日 戊寅时
旬空:午未  寅卯  午未  申酉

六神  伏神    兑宫:雷泽归妹(归魂)
         【本 卦】
滕蛇       ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母庚戌土 应
勾陈       ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟庚申金  
朱雀 子孙丁亥水 ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼庚午火  
青龙       ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母丁丑土 世
玄武       ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财丁卯木  
白虎       ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼丁巳火 

The other feamle is in line 2 (not particular serious with him yet) and merges with line 6 (him). He may have a long term relationship with this female in mind. There are also two men in this hexagram (line 1 and line 4). They do not get along. The line 4 man has a child and may be interested in you. No action or activities from line 4 man until June/July 2012, but you two do not have chemistry.

Between you and your ex, line 4 and 6 are yin lines, the relationship is over. However, both have the earth element, there is still some feel for each other as friends.

Line 5 is a yin line (male or female unknown). It merges with your house of marriage and confronted with the house of spouse. This person is causing the disturbance in your life. It is someone in your former realtionship: possibility your ex.

You know what you are doing and is the type who plan things. No need to consult the Iching.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).