...life can be translucent

Menu

arrgh, now have Persephone's syndrome

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Just as poor Persephone could not get an answer out of those horrid men regarding her writing submission, even so, I am now in the same position: Sent Mr X the materials he requested, he knows a lot is hanging on his interest or lack thereof.

Days and days without any feedback, positive or negative. I know all too well how these opportunities slip away; how silence and lapses can spell the end of a project, for oneself or for a client. Sooooo: Although it is against protocol, I could not resist emailing him early this morning asking politely and simply if he has any feedback.

I am at the point where even a negative or nasty rejection would be welcome. So it is 12 hours later, and the answer is silence.:mad:

I asked I Ching, "Did I make it worse with email, and will there be any reply at all - or do I wait in vain?"

H11.5 >5

Am not surprised that the relating hexagram is "Waiting". :mad:
How am I to take line 5 of 11 in this context? I am too stressed to think clearly. thnx

Last edited:

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
I get this is some sort of a pat position in that interplay...the story of 11.5 continues in that of 54.5..wait wait and in time perhaps...
There is also dealing with lower elements, he may procrastinate for a reason or just so...he may come through tho, but how long can you wait?

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, Dragona. Good insights. Yes, it is unsettling to wait, and would rather just hear a clear "No" than this spooky silence. Sigh.......

G

goddessliss

Hi foxx777 - yep you have been waiting but I think the waiting is gonna be worth it - line 5 to me is one of good fortune through sharing. Maybe you could ask why is there a delay in a response from him or similar or you could do the yoga child pose and just be calm......... easier said than done - Liss

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Hi foxx777 - yep you have been waiting but I think the waiting is gonna be worth it - line 5 to me is one of good fortune through sharing. Maybe you could ask why is there a delay in a response from him or similar or you could do the yoga child pose and just be calm......... easier said than done - Liss
Thanks, Liss. Yes, I think I am just going to have to chill out with this one, as it seems there is a "receding effect": the more you fret over something , the less it is likely to happen. Thnx:)

G

goddessliss

Thanks, Liss. Yes, I think I am just going to have to chill out with this one, as it seems there is a "receding effect": the more you fret over something , the less it is likely to happen. Thnx:)

I know!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyy do we do it to ourselves when we know it's not right blah - hope you can find some joyousness through the waiting. - Liss

persephone

visitor
Reaction score
Nothing to add. I agree it seems that waiting will eventually pay off so who knows. Here's to hoping. Good luck!

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe this one will come through in time, useful for something else, another project?
I got the impression you are running out of time with this one.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Nothing to add. I agree it seems that waiting will eventually pay off so who knows. Here's to hoping. Good luck!
Thnx- I just hope I am as lucky in the outcome as you were. Seems poetic justice was there for you at the right time.:):bows:;)

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe this one will come through in time, useful for something else, another project?
I got the impression you are running out of time with this one.
I am indeed running out of time. :( I have enough experience to know that it is never a good sign when emails are not responded to. My experience has been that one either receives a positive response in a timely manner, or the silence leads to a dead end and a broken connection. I am going to have to rework things, without this man. But there is no going back to the original plan, which really was an error on my part. I will simply have to find a way to rectify things if this man will not help. Just wish he had been forthright and polite.
:mad:

ruthee

visitor
Reaction score
Foxx777
Hex 11. line 5,
Cooperation and Support.
Maybe sent in again and inclue a chocolate
or self addressed envelope?
You need to somehow get him to look and reply?

Hope you hear soon.

In grace
ruthee

cornucopia

visitor
Reaction score
HEXAGRAM 11 LINE 5
Great success is indicated. Avoid arrogance. Calculated waiting until the time is right to make a move. Everything will work out well.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Sometimes there are cultural differences and so there can be different notions of what is the proper etiquette with emailing and so forth. For example, I think it is rude if someone does not reply within a "reasonable" amount of time to me -- but people differ a lot on what is a reasonable amount of time ... Hope that's what's causing the delay and that it all works out well for you.

foxx777

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you. There has been no word yet, so I shall sit it out. ;)

If he never comes back, so be it. My last email to him was deferential and brief, so I feel it would be overkill to continue on. Perhaps I will hear from him when I least expect it.

Once more, thanks to all you lovely fellow I Chingers.
:bows::D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).