...life can be translucent

Menu

Why does it always feel like it's about survival? 39.1.6>37

aiyana

visitor
Reaction score
I've accepted an offer for a part-time gig with wonderful people in a gorgeous environment. However it does not realistically cover my bills, in particular the glorious mountain of medical debts one amasses in America after a stay in the emergency room.:rant:

Anyway, I asked the Yi, 'How will I make money beyond what's been negotiated in this particular gig?' Got 39.1.6>37. I'm seeing 39 for the obstructed finances, line 1 advising march forward with face raised to the sun or something similar, line 6 chiding that without risk one will never come alive. Resulting Hex 37 - that associating myself with this particular group will have me participating a unique role in a this (or another?) new tribe?

With my life suddenly gone in a new direction, I've gotten a series of negative feedback this past month on the side business I have been creating as an adjunct to the new job. Unless someone considers 51.6>21 something other than a warning...

Would love to hear your thoughts. :bows:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Not sure why you say 39.1 is about marching on with the face to the sun (?) I've never seen this line like that . . For me, line 1 is like saying 'don't hit your head on the wall' by going on in the same way, turn around, look how things stand, what' their given structure (63), then line 6 is about knowing that moving on doesn't stop, it takes a turn towards more profitable paths and continues. All in all, 39/37 is like saying familiarize yourself with the obstructions, maybe make yourself at home in them and that's the best way to move around them

As to 51.6, I think it says that you are being affected already but for some reason your own awareness of this affect has been severed or disrupted, so you learn about what is affecting you by seeing its results in things around you - it's like when there's an earthquake going on: after the first quake, or in between quakes the sense of stability becomes so disrupted that we look at the furniture to make sure it has stopped or not, or at the neighbors to see others' reactions to it . .

aiyana

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rodaki,

Oops, I wasn't reading the correct text with the 'face to the sun' comment. The correct action for me will be to clearly examine how I got into this situation, embrace it and scan the horizon for continued opportunities.

Regarding 51.6, strangely it's only the Yi that's been consistently negative on the side business - I've had encouragement from peers and former clients. Perhaps Yi is suggesting that allocating time & resources (like needing to build a new website for example) would ultimately be fruitless, that there are more lucrative projects to put energy into. Also there isn't as much work in the field as there was.

I asked the Yi, 'Where should I look for legitimate income sources' and got 53.1.6>63. An earlier interpretation suggested that I will end up somewhere different than I start, a different industry perhaps? and that I'm at the very beginning. Other interpretations I read on the form were not hopeful that income would come in.

Note to self: avoid doing castings when I'm tired, as state of mind affects results.

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
. . what line were you thinking of, instead of 39.1 really? Curious cause I can't seem to remember a line similar to what you'd written . .

First thing I can make out of your new reading (in a glance) is that it speaks of something long-term and rather complete (or set) in its ways - don't know how that could apply to your kind of work but it might help thinking along these lines

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
占事:
出生时间:年 性别:女 起卦方式:直接指定
Six line analysis

起卦时间:2012年06月16日23时07分
神煞:天乙—子申 福星—未 日禄—午 羊刃—巳 驿马—亥 桃花—午 华盖—丑
干支:壬辰年 丙午月 己酉日 甲子时
旬空:午未  寅卯  寅卯  戌亥

六神  伏神    兑宫:水山蹇          巽宫:风火家人
         【本 卦】           【变 卦】
勾陈       ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙戊子水  ×→ ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财辛卯木  
朱雀       ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母戊戌土     ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼辛巳火 应
青龙       ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟戊申金 世   ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母辛未土  
玄武       ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟丙申金     ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙己亥水  
白虎 妻财丁卯木 ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼丙午火     ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母己丑土 世
滕蛇       ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母丙辰土 应×→ ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财己卯木  

【本卦】
  《蹇》:利西南,不利东北;利见大人,贞吉。《彖》曰:《蹇》,难也,险在前也。见险而能止,知矣哉。《蹇》,“利西南”,往得中也。“不利东北”,其道穷也。“利见大人”,往有功也。当位“贞吉”,以正邦也。《蹇》之时,用大矣哉。《象》曰:山上有水,《蹇》。君子以反身修德。

● 上六:往蹇来硕,吉,利见大人。《象》曰:“往蹇来硕”,志在内也。“利见大人”,以从贵也。

Line 1 is the offer 父母丙辰土 that you accept and move to acquire money 妻财己卯木.
父母丙辰土= employment paper in line 1 (guest line) from the employer.
It changes to money 妻财己卯木, but the money is wood which sits under month and day of the reading. This is an empty seat and therefore there is not enough money from your superviosr and also the boss.

Line 4 is host line you. Someone occupy that seat. The competitor gets the supervisor's support and not you. Line 3 and 4 are both competitors (probably co-workers) that receive the support of the supervisor.

Line 6 is tricky to intrepretate. Theoretically, it is "the luck". In career readings, it is the force that suppresses the career. The change line is a movement to get more money, but there is no money in the system that employs you.

Since you are not focused in asking your question: How will I make money beyond what's been negotiated in this particular gig?'

Iching's answers is that there is no money in the system. Rocking the boat does not get you any more money.Financial situation in this system will not improve until Feb/March (wood month) 2013, the earlist that you may ask and negotiate is Nov (water month) this year.

Offer is in line 1, meaning that this is a junior job. The higher the line for employment documents 父母 in six line location , the higher the pay and position.

aiyana

visitor
Reaction score
Rodaki, I'm honestly not sure where I got that interp for 39.1, will update the post when I come across it again. I'm finally at the stage in life where I want to be established rather than chasing after creative dreams, your sense of my coming into something complete is reassuring.

Long Yi, The position I've accepted is a part-time position chosen to leave most of my time free and keep stress levels low. As Line 1 indicates, it's a 'junior' role and I don't have expectations of much income. I envision the harmonious physical environment & minimal responsibilities functioning as a foundation from which to build my own business. I don't have colleagues as such so not sure who 'competitors' would be.

I have experience in two professional fields. I have ideas to expand either one or both into small businesses to supplement the part time gig: In one I would like to use experience in a corporate industry to do part-time consulting or contract work; the is other more holistically/spiritually inclined. Does the second reading 53.1.6 indicate progress in one of these, and a timeframe or guidelines for success?

Thanks.

Last edited:

aiyana

visitor
Reaction score
2.1.2.6>41 Prepare to nurture and receive through self-love

I've asked, what is there for me to do to make this position (the part-time one I've accepted) a success and received 2.1.2.6>41. In another post I read the interpretation:

'2.1.2.6 > 41 Be the Empress of your life. Relax and contemplate the sweet offerings that come to you without any effort on your part whatsoever - sun, cool breeze, friendship, etc. Prepare to receive the love of your friends and paradoxically nurture them through self-love rather than through self-sacrifice.'​

It seems to indicate that it will be reasonably low-stress with positive relationships, leaving me with emotional and energetic space to work on my own thing if that's what I want to do. At least that's my hope...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).