...life can be translucent

Menu

10.1.2.4.5>23 and my purpose in life

chucklesthegirl

visitor
Reaction score
i have been absent from this site for a very long time. my daughter and i moved to seattle. things got heavy with the guy i consulted yi over, and needless to say i ended up dropping him because he could not and would not get rid of the other women. it was a real learning experience for sure.

with all the pain and humiliation that i was feeling (not to mention being a single mom in a new city and no family or friends) i was unhappy and wanted to dig my way out for my daughter's sake. so i went inward and focused on each day, sometimes each hour or each minute. just tried to live in the moment and not worry about the petty stuff.

i also decided to take a breather from romance and concentrate on me and my little girl. a month ago, i became a vegetarian. initially it was money reasons but after two weeks i was so impressed with how well i slept and felt that i went vegan.

it was a life altering experience. i have never felt so happy, so at peace with myself and the whole world. something about not consuming animal products that opens up the soul.

because of this new found way of life i have begun thinking about doing something to help others live happier healthier lives. a friend of mine that i work with (who is also a vegan) suggested i move to PA with her and we could open up a cafe or vegan restaurant together. also have been considering starting a neighborhood garden or even a co-op so people can have fresh produce that they grew themselves. i am all about organic food and healing from within. so with all of this in mind, i asked yi about my purpose in life.
i am not sure if i am supposed to conduct myself cautiously in order to remove aspects, people, situations from my life....maybe i am not seeing it. i have the feeling there is something in those two hexagrams that has something to do with helping people but i am not quite understanding what it is.

i would imagine hex 18 being a hex that denotes healing.

thank you in advance.

namaste!
i asked "what is the purpose in life?" and received 10>23 as my answer. at first it seemed ominous until i looked at each hexagram as being more than just "cautious treading" and "splitting apart". maybe it could be overcoming learning to conduct myself in a way that causes a peeling away of the outdated and obsolete? like peeling away the old paint to put on a fresh coat?

18, 23 and 49 are so similar that i get a bit confused about the finer details that yi is trying to tell me.

if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
i have been absent from this site for a very long time. my daughter and i moved to seattle. things got heavy with the guy i consulted yi over, and needless to say i ended up dropping him because he could not and would not get rid of the other women. it was a real learning experience for sure.

with all the pain and humiliation that i was feeling (not to mention being a single mom in a new city and no family or friends) i was unhappy and wanted to dig my way out for my daughter's sake. so i went inward and focused on each day, sometimes each hour or each minute. just tried to live in the moment and not worry about the petty stuff.

i also decided to take a breather from romance and concentrate on me and my little girl. a month ago, i became a vegetarian. initially it was money reasons but after two weeks i was so impressed with how well i slept and felt that i went vegan.

it was a life altering experience. i have never felt so happy, so at peace with myself and the whole world. something about not consuming animal products that opens up the soul.

because of this new found way of life i have begun thinking about doing something to help others live happier healthier lives. a friend of mine that i work with (who is also a vegan) suggested i move to PA with her and we could open up a cafe or vegan restaurant together. also have been considering starting a neighborhood garden or even a co-op so people can have fresh produce that they grew themselves. i am all about organic food and healing from within. so with all of this in mind, i asked yi about my purpose in life.
i am not sure if i am supposed to conduct myself cautiously in order to remove aspects, people, situations from my life....maybe i am not seeing it. i have the feeling there is something in those two hexagrams that has something to do with helping people but i am not quite understanding what it is.

i would imagine hex 18 being a hex that denotes healing.

thank you in advance.

namaste!
i asked "what is the purpose in life?" and received 10>23 as my answer. at first it seemed ominous until i looked at each hexagram as being more than just "cautious treading" and "splitting apart". maybe it could be overcoming learning to conduct myself in a way that causes a peeling away of the outdated and obsolete? like peeling away the old paint to put on a fresh coat?

18, 23 and 49 are so similar that i get a bit confused about the finer details that yi is trying to tell me.

if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it.

Namaste Chuckles the girl!:D

Im sorry To hear about your relationship. It sounds though, that you have a very clear and stable notion of what your not willing to take in relationships. I hope you are taking comfort in being decisive, and that you realise how strong you are to hold to your convictions.

23 I think is one of those hexagrams that when I receive it, I feel exposed, vulnerable. My whole sense of foundation and structured environments, whether internal or external, have grown in a way that I might not yet fathom as being 'out of place'. and this premature growth, or OVER growth,is being slowly, surely, and for all the right reasons, cut back from my life.(You as a gardener must know more about this than i!)

It is an act of faith to believe that when Yi throws you 23, its really a good thing. Because when your in 23, well, when i am, i feel completely destitute, holding onto these overgrown notions in my head, 'cant see the wood for the trees' is a good line for this feeling i think. 24 as a follow on hex is perfect i think. When you get right back to your roots by clearing away the recent past, these branches you followed that now, your slowly are becoming aware of, are withering, it's Time to cut this right back down to the underlying root, your unmoveable, unshakeble self (24), and wait for the new growth, new branches to appear. (and as sure as the moon follows the sun, they WILL appear.)

'What is the purpose of my life' is, i think you'll agree, quite a big question to ask. I wonder here if Yi is I think answering the 'bigger' (not that you can get much bigge rthen life purpose!)! question behind the question. Possibly about how lost you feel right now, and ways to deal with that. I'm going to give you 2 interps, one is what i think is about that 'bigger' or rather smaller(!) interp.

Yi i think is advising

Line 2: Your doing very well right now, but your worrying, which is natural in times of 10. But stay calm about everything, its natural to have some anxieties but really, right now, what you need to do is take stock and enjoy where you are now, specifically talks about 'hidden people'. your in hiding right now, probably feels like it cos your in a new city, lonely, disoriented and in the midst of a break up. BUT Yi says its not all that bad. Its right that your in hiding right now, think about whats happened, but dont WORRY! most important.

Line 3: so lets say that line 2 has been your current activity. line 3 says now, you have assimilated all these branches, you have stayed inside and really thought about all this upheavel thats happened recently, and your now ready. Ready for what?

Ready to speak. Outer(context operator, karcher) hexagram is 58 which is all about open communication. But you are being very cautious, or feel the need to be, but dont hold back anything. let it all out. Maybe this line is talking about your friend who sounds fab with all your great chats about startup ideas and moving on. But i think its bigger then that, i think its about expressing the truth here. I think your holding back. Reason for this is the inner context operator (karcher) is 22. Facades. Maybe theres a problem expressing your true thoughts? Youve managed to skip the awfulness of line 3, which you should really pat yourself on the back for, and now its time to get out there.

Line 5 Is the superhero line. You need the courage, after all this hiding and all these chats, to actually do it.And you can., but youve got to leave all those old worn out branches behind and go for it. Forget all the past stuff, and get into the new shoots that are appearing.

2nd interp: 'what is the purpose of my life?'

Your a good communicator, and your very good as expressing the essence of things (22) maybe you can manifest beauty (22) through words (58) or you have a knack at getting to the bottom of things (23) by joyful communication (58) which exhibits some kind of artistic tendency. (22)

23 is all about getting down and dirty in the mud, like a gardener does, to peel back the weeds and the dead wood bring out the beauty again.(22) maybe you have an excellent green thumb, and by communicating this you will somehow form this co-op (58).

Yx

chucklesthegirl

visitor
Reaction score
wow! thank you so much! i think you could be onto something there and i do think both of your interpretations are right on. 23 in the context of gardening is quite lovely. it's like pruning your shrubs and plants to remove what is no longer useful in order to salvage what is still very much alive.

i will certainly ponder on this some more.

:bows:
namaste!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).