...life can be translucent

Menu

personal blocks 8.6 > 20 Twice!

katd

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings!
This is my first post. I have been interested in I Ching for several years but I really don't know very much. Thank you in advance for any insight you are willing to share.

I have been working on and examining internal blocks I have that have prevented me from having the kind of romantic relationship I want. Not any major tramas just limiting beliefs etc. It is not a comfortable thing to do but necessary. Yesterday, I realized a particular issue I had and asked for insight about it and got 8.6 > 20. Today I asked how to deal with a different issue (related but different) and got 8.6 > 20. I found it very strange!

I know it is talking about relationships and a strong leader. Is it telling me that I need to work through this to be a "strong leader"? That doesn't really help me with how to deal with it. Do I need to find help?

8.6 seems to say I need to work this out to have a relationship that holds together.

I may be missing something (probably a lot). It addresses my situation but I'm not seeing any advice here.

Thank you! :)

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Six Line Layout

Six Line Layout
起卦时间:2012年07月03日04时54分
神煞:天乙—子申 福星—丑亥 日禄—卯 羊刃—寅 驿马—亥 桃花—午 华盖—丑
干支:壬辰年 丙午月 乙丑日 戊寅时
旬空:午未  寅卯  戌亥  申酉

六神  伏神    坤宫:水地比(归魂)     乾宫:风地观
         【本 卦】           【变 卦】
玄武       ▅▅ ▅▅ 妻财戊子水 应×→ ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼辛卯木  
白虎       ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟戊戌土     ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母辛巳火  
滕蛇       ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙戊申金     ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟辛未土 世
勾陈       ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼乙卯木 世   ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼乙卯木  
朱雀       ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母乙巳火     ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母乙巳火  
青龙       ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟乙未土     ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟乙未土 应

Hexagram 8: there is a man in line 4 (host line). You are thinking of him, but there is no bottom to your emotional well. You are not sure whether you have a chance.

Hexgram 8: there is a woman in line 6, away from the man. The man decides not to think of the woman and moves on, back to himself.

Hexagram 20: wait and see.

Line 6 means things got off the wrong footing and the relationship should not grow in this form. One should start looking for another relationship (that may be you or him). The man may be focused on the qualities that he is seeking than her outward appearance.

Initially, there was a mutual attraction. Both parties do not show interest to communicate further. It is not time for you to act. Abandon your fear, wait for circumstances to change. This may be until March 2013 before you meet someone.

Reaction score
It addresses my situation but I'm not seeing any advice here.

Hi. The advice is to focus. If you really want to achieve something (like union with another) you'll have to connect your actions and goals with your heart and the thoughts in your mind. Have all of the parts of yourself working towards the same goal. Alternately, if you cannot focus correctly on the topic at hand, or you do not feel it's purpose in your heart, then perhaps that topic is something that would be better discarded. Then it might be better to striving for something you can obtain concentration and commitment on instead.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Katd. You do realize that you are searching for what a great many others are searching for? I think that's important to understand going into it. If it were as easy as some formula, everyone would be ideally matched and humpin' like bunnies. But alas, there's a whole lot of us that live alone. There must be something in this group that is a matter of personal choice. Before you can make a choice, you have to have a head.

8 = keep it together, 8.6 has no means, no focus, motivation or directive to keep it together. There is nothing for all the rest to hold together with. Sometimes we can shake ourselves out of a stupor and back into the real picture.

Once you have a clear picture of reality, you can dream upon that; that becomes your potential.

Last edited:

katd

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you very much long yi, answeredquestions, and meng for your help with this. You have given me a lot to think on.

The advice is to focus. If you really want to achieve something (like union with another) you'll have to connect your actions and goals with your heart and the thoughts in your mind. Have all of the parts of yourself working towards the same goal.

This advice is perfect for the situation. The main issue was dealing with my "self-talk" and unexamined assumptions and beliefs about myself, my world, and relationships. Often it seems like my actions, goals, heart, and thoughts are all going in different directions. To make the changes I seek, being so scattered will not be helpful.

Once you have a clear picture of reality, you can dream upon that; that becomes your potential.

Well said, excellent advice, thank you. I will keep that in mind.

. Abandon your fear, wait for circumstances to change.
This may be easier said than done. I will try. Thank you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).