...life can be translucent

Menu

Pocossin please help 21>46

G

goddessliss

Hello,

I have an oil leak in my kombi engine and I am worried I am not being told the truth about what it is ie. that it is a bigger problem than it really is

Seen as though pocossin is good with this sort of thing in regards to seeing the Hexs as pics I wonder if he could help me - thks

What is the problem causing the oil leak - Hex 53>29

Show me the problem in my kombi as only a minor thing Hex 21>46

Hex 21 - It was very unexpected to me and I hoping someone other than the mechanic will investigate for me.

hex 46 - Getting someone who knows what they're talking about to help.

be joyous - Liss

PS I have asked these guys for help too - not sure if this helps you http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?41209-Oil-leak-where-from

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What is the problem causing the oil leak?
53.2.3.6 > 29

29 excellently describes a leak, and 53 (Wood over Mountain) suggests gasket and casing as the cause. The problem apparently isn't the leak but the pink slip inspection. If the pink slip inspection is a requirement for driving (like failing a safety inspection here), then the leak will have to be fixed. Otherwise, if it is a very slow leak and fluid doesn't have to be added frequently, then perhaps it will be best to live with the problem. It's most important that you know which fluid is leaking (engine, transmission, brake, radiator) and keep a check that it doesn't run low or you could lose the engine or have an accident.

I have a very slow transmission fluid leak, but was told by a mechanic 10 years ago to just live with it because the problem is probably caused by an irregularity in manufacture and replacing the gasket won't fix it. He tighten bolts as tight as he could and so far I have had no problem other than adding a little transmission fluid yearly. So I'd say, if it's not a legal matter, tighten bolts and keep a check on fluid levels.

G

goddessliss

Thanks pocossin - fabulous as always :bounce:

It's an aircooled kombi so no radiator and it is the engine oil - yep the pink slips are a damn nuisance - I think it's the only state in Australia that has yearly checks.

have fun - Liss

G

goddessliss

So the result in taking it to another mechanic - he tells me the leak is not serious and it shouldn't even be an issue on the pink slip.
There have been a couple of other questionable problems with my car, so I am trying to work out whether I should report the incident to the authorities.

How will it benefit me to report the incident to the RTA

Hex 37.3>42

‘Wind comes forth originally from fire: People in the Home.
A noble one’s words have substance and her actions are consistent.’

So does this mean that speaking to the RTA will be effective?

Sequence
People in the Home follows from Hexagram 36, Brightness Hidden:
‘Injury on the outside naturally means turning back towards the home, and so People in the Home follows.’

Hex 36 - hiding something(the truth) from me and me seeking Hex 37 - someone closer to home to give me their opinion??

thks pocossin if you wouldn't mind helping me further to sort this out. thks Liss

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).