...life can be translucent

Menu

The most important to a man hex 46.2.3.4 to 16

kulta

visitor
Reaction score
I asked Yi what is the most important to a man I’m recently fell in love with and I received hex 46.2.3.4 to 16.

Please can you help me to understand this answer?

Thank you

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
The answer is about something ascending or growing step-by-step and slowly from something very small to something very high and fulfilled. It's a little difficult to interpret hex 46 sometimes, but in general it means that the advancement goes slowly, step by step, because of the amount of effort put forth. This advancement is deserved.

jbutler

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I was drawn to your thread because of the topic: what do men want? What does the man you fell in love with want? Generically, men want to be appreciated for what they can do. If a woman can show her man appreciation, then he will beam like a lighthouse. Line 2 of hex 46 is right in line with this. It has a strong element of ambition to achieve goals, a manly trait. Line 3 say pushing up into an empty city indicating he wants further development, maybe self development, to be better at what he does, maybe to be better at pleasing you, if you are that significant to him. Most men would die to make their girl happy. If she is unhappy, he is miserable. You can count on it, if he loves her. Line 4 tell the story of a king who offers Mount Chi. Your man aspires much. He is sincere in his endeavors, and he has some spiritual essence about it. You will have to fill in the part about WHAT his aspirations are. Are they you, or are they something else? I get the sense 46 is about material endeavors and not relational ones. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this better than me. Hope this helps.

kulta

visitor
Reaction score
my (confused) interpretation

Thank you, ginnie :bows:
actually this reading is a little difficult for me.
At first, I interpreted it as an explanation of his attitude towards our relationship (because my question concernes it), i.e. the most important to him is to proceed step by step in our love story (if I may call it so).
I asked that to better understand the reasons of a sort of cool down I noticed in his feeling in the last month and which is not so clear to me, because it seems to depend on some “external agent”(another woman, professional commitments and so on).
We started our affair at very high speed because of a strong physical attraction and a good connection. Although we always got great time together, lately he seems distracted, even though nothing substantially has changed, except of a little lack of daily contacts, due to his busy period
Maybe I should gather that he wants to ‘calm down’ our initial enthusiasm in order to go on more carefully, without forging ahead, under the pretext of an increased amount of work he has to do.

About the changing lines, well, they sound rather weird to me: I haven’t got a clue, unless Yi was speaking to me.:confused:

kulta

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you jbutler

you really shed a light on this :bows:

You will have to fill in the part about WHAT his aspirations are. Are they you, or are they something else? I get the sense 46 is about material endeavors and not relational ones. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this better than me. Hope this helps.

Very interesting question: at the moment, my lack of confidence in him would make me answer that i’m NOT among his aspirations, or, at least, not among the most important ones (although Yi always said that our relationship is constantly developing).

You give me some food for thought

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked Yi what is the most important to a man I’m recently fell in love with and I received hex 46.2.3.4 to 16.

Thank you

The answer is about something ascending or growing step-by-step and slowly from something very small to something very high and fulfilled. It's a little difficult to interpret hex 46 sometimes, but in general it means that the advancement goes slowly, step by step, because of the amount of effort put forth. This advancement is deserved.

:rofl:...

ps I'm not being rude about your answer Ginnie.....but one can't miss the innuendo ;)

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score

Thank you

I apologize if my first comment seemed rude. When I saw the question and answer, I laughed out loud. But please understand, I was not regarding "your" man, just... man.

I mean, this is pretty funny.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
On a personal level, I guess you should feel flattered? lol

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What is the most important to a man I recently fell in love with?
46.2.3.4 > 16

He wants you to appreciate what he has to offer.

kulta

visitor
Reaction score
thank you, pocossin

So, granted that I've always appreciated what it has to offer, maybe is it to be intended that I should to be content with what he has to offer now? (I mean a reduced amount of time and care)

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Both of these hexagrams have strong sexual connotations.

Gene

kulta

visitor
Reaction score
thank you, gene

Maybe I should face the fact that the most important to him is our sexual attraction and put aside all my love aspirations.

I'm wondering if I have to be disappointed or relieved...

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Flattered? But this is the easiest part! lol

Yes, it's a shame the rest isn't as easy. But you have the opposite problem of many relationships. I'm a proponent of develop your strengths and manage your weaknesses.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
thank you, pocossin

So, granted that I've always appreciated what it has to offer, maybe is it to be intended that I should to be content with what he has to offer now? (I mean a reduced amount of time and care)

Maybe if he knew the depth of your appreciation, he'd offer more.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Kulta

Just because they have sexual connotations does not in and of itself mean you should leave him. I hesitate to put ideas in people's minds, just lay bare the facts. The question becomes, is that ALL he is interested in.

Take a look at the commentary on hexagram forty six line two. "It is true that he does not fit in with his environment, inasmuch as he is too brusque and pays too little attention to form. But as he is upright in character he meets with response." Then see the third line, "All obstructions that generally block progress fall away here." Then line four, "This indicates a stage in which pushing upward achieves its goal." And hexagram sixteen indicates enthusiasm. If you have felt all along that that is all he is interested in, maybe it is time to move on, but is that the entire motive?

After I finish this post, I will go back and look at how your question was originally posted. For now though, that is all I can give.

Gene

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Okay, as I look back at the way the question was worded, then I can understand your concern. You might have picked up on that right from the start and wanted confirmation. I can't tell you do or don't, you will have to go by your own feelings.

Gene

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Kulta

I just noticed something else. You mentioned he is a little distracted, and that is a tough one because it may be due to stress from the job or other things you mentioned, but sometimes a man can start acting that way because he feels a little too much pressure to move the relationship to the next level. It is important to just allow things to happen.

Gene

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
maybe is it to be intended that I should to be content with what he has to offer now? (I mean a reduced amount of time and care)

I think you've got it, Kulta. Since your relationship started off at a very high speed -- maybe too high a speed for him -- it seems best, also for him, if there is a cooling period now.

Last edited:

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Your six line layout

起卦时间:2012年08月23日04时13分
起卦农历:壬辰年七月初七日寅时
神煞:天乙—酉亥 福星—子戌 日禄—巳 羊刃—午 驿马—寅 桃花—酉 华盖—辰
干支:壬辰年 戊申月 丙辰日 庚寅时
旬空:午未  寅卯  子丑  午未

六神  伏神    震宫:地风升46          震宫:雷地豫(六合)16
         【本 卦】           【变 卦】
青龙       ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼癸酉金     ▅▅ ▅▅ 妻财庚戌土  
玄武       ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母癸亥水     ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼庚申金  
白虎 子孙庚午火 ▅▅ ▅▅ 妻财癸丑土 世×→ ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙庚午火 应
滕蛇       ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼辛酉金  ○→ ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟乙卯木  
勾陈 兄弟庚寅木 ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母辛亥水  ○→ ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙乙巳火  
朱雀       ▅▅ ▅▅ 妻财辛丑土 应   ▅▅ ▅▅ 妻财乙未土 世

Line 1 = him
Line 4 = you
You both think of a woman with a child.
That woman may be his ex-partner (empty site under your house of spouse).
Who takes care of that child?

Line 2: any relationship documents will concern this child and the ex-partner.
Line 3: yang line to yin line with the man and another person... On his mind, Sex (one night stand) and have fun. Can he move on afterwards?

Hexagram 16
Line 6 produces line 5: Another female supporting him.
The man in line 5 is connected to the child in line 2.
The line 4 child is connecte to the line 1 female.

If my guess is correct, the answer is in one word with his new found "female": SEX (桃花—酉) because you like him (line 3 of hexagram 46 couples ot the day of the reading and the house of the spouse).

If my guess is correct, this is a complex situation, think twice before becoming a disposable napkin. I do not see a long term relationship or commitment from both parties. Existing kids or child are/is involved. The male has enough female friends.
Happiness that may not last.

kulta

visitor
Reaction score
where am I now?

It seems that there are more issues than I thought!

All of you added some input or insight, but now, as someone wrote before, it’s up to me to clear my mind.
Actually I feel a little sad and much confused: I think I’ll ask Yi again, even if I don’t know exactly what (any suggestion? :confused:)

Let some time passes by, then maybe I’ll be ready to face it.

By the way, I liked so much sharing it with you: there were laughs and thoughts, and I’ve always enjoyed this blend. :bows:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
One Night Stand

On his mind, Sex (one night stand) and have fun.

I'll never see 46.2.3.4 > 16 the same way again in the future! Also, according to Long Yi's interpretation, this man comes with a lot of baggage, not to be disregarded.

kulta

visitor
Reaction score
Conclusions

I’m ready to put some order in this reading.

The most important to this man is to slow down our relationship, in which the most important (always to him) is our sexual connection.
So, he’s paying less attention to me due to a busy work period, to which is added his relationship with another woman (of whom I’ve been aware since our beginnings), that probably is getting stronger (and I can imagine the reasons for: she is younger than me and, moreover, lately she was seriously ill).

As Pocossin said, he wants me to appreciate what he has to offer to me, i.e. great fun together, period.

Gene, actually I was perfectly comfortable at the level we were before he started to slow down: there was no pressure from me, quite the opposite! :)

Long yi, you give me an amazing insight, but there’s something not so clear: there’s no child, except the mine, who’s not involved with the whole thing.
Can your reading be related to her illness, that maybe has fortified their bond (as a child could do)?

And, Ginnie, yes, my dear, this man comes with a lot of baggage, in which it sadly seems I don’t have so much room.

Thank you again for your precious attention
:bows:

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Long Yi

I really enjoy your style of reading. It puts a level of comprehension into the I Ching I do not currently have. I am aware that multiple lines can often relate to multiple people, and can often get a feel for that, but not at this level. I assume you are Chinese? I feel that we in the west are at a real disadvantage at really learning the I Ching, and it sees all the I Ching authors only want to give an English meaning to the various lines. Nobody I know of goes into any serious effort in explaining ideas with multiple lines changing.

Thanks,

Gene

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).