...life can be translucent

Menu

Need help with relationship issue

squirrele

visitor
Reaction score
About 4 months ago I began a relationship, with someone I have known and liked for many years. However it is a continuous battle of wills. we constantly fight, and due to passion always make up.
This time I said some very mean words, that hopefully will get him to change some attitudes, if not hopefully I won't go back to him.
I cast a reading and got 63 1.3.5 changing to 24 1.2.3.4.5, Already Across to Returning, I am very new to the I Ching, I would appreciate all your feedback.
Thank you

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Welcome to Clarity, Squirrele. If your casting was 63 changing to 24, then the changing lines are 3 and 5: 63.3.5 > 24. Is that correct? Also, it helps to have a definite question. In this case maybe "Will he change his attitude?" or "Is the relationship over?" How would you phrase it?

squirrele

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I was wondering if it is at all possible he will he change his attitude :)?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Will he change his attitude?
63.3.5 > 24

Line 3 suggests that resolution of this issue will not come quickly, so your words alone are not enough to solve the problem. Persistence and time will be needed for you to get fair treatment. Line 5 suggests that you will have to make small compromised to get the major compromise you need.

squirrele

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reply, it has helped me a great deal. Its a small ray of light for me.:)

jbutler

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,
I love relationship issues and being a psychologist, I have helped put back together numerous relationships, and watched some dissolve into other relationship, often for the better.

Two things to keep in mind about relationships in general: similar values, dissimilar interests. These two things are what keeps relationships together but interesting. I mention this because you said something about continuous battle of wills/we constantly fight/passions help you make up To be honest, maybe that's the game you want to play. You fight, which is harsh, but it also the way you connect in the end. You get bored (not enough differences to make it interesting) s you pick a fight knowing in the back of your minds you will eventually make up and have great sex. I think you also know that this is bound to get boring someday and the relationship will end, unless you do something about it--get healthier

Okay: At the beginning good fortune, at the end disorder This fits with what I said earlier. The relationship improves and then gets boring. You fight and make up improving the relationship. Each time this cycle occurs, the passion gets less and less. You are beginning to see that so disorder is on its way. The ego seeks to regain leadership (make the relationship better its way. Perhaps fighting is fun for you two.) Ultimately, if you do not recognize and resist its resurgence and seek to find common values, disorder will surely follow.

Line 1: This is saying, Don't bewail the situation, seek help. Leave you clothes behind and get healthy, then come back and see where he is. You may not like him then. You may looses him in the interim. This is a setback, accept it, seek help, then return for your curtain (the curtain in this case is the relationship.
Line 3: This is a warning: inferior people must not be employed Don't sak your sister or mother or friends for advice. Seek someone who has the knowledge to help you.
Line 5 is also a warning. It is basically saying to me that you might run back to him, forget the warnings and continue with your old behavior hoping it will all work out.

Okay, practical stuff. There is a chance it can work out if you get healthy and he get healthy at the same time. One you two can ascertain your similar values and if there are enough dissimilar interests to keep yourselves interested, then things can work out. What do I mean by dissimilar interests? Two piano players in the same house can get boring. Living with someone too much like you is boring. At first you feel this closeness, but it wears off. Who wants to look in the mirror all the time. What do you have to talk about--the things you already know? Two people who have similar values, but dissimilar interest have longer lasting healthier relationships. Good luck.

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Your six line layout
起卦时间:2012年09月13日01时34分
起卦农历:壬辰年七月廿八日丑时
神煞:天乙—酉亥 福星—酉 日禄—午 羊刃—巳 驿马—亥 桃花—午 华盖—丑
干支:壬辰年 己酉月 丁丑日 辛丑时
旬空:午未  寅卯  申酉  辰巳

六神  伏神    坎宫:水火既济        坤宫:地雷复(六合)
         【本 卦】           【变 卦】
青龙       ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟戊子水 应   ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母癸酉金  
玄武       ▅▅▅▅▅ 官鬼戊戌土  ○→ ▅▅ ▅▅ 兄弟癸亥水  
白虎       ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母戊申金     ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼癸丑土 应
滕蛇 妻财戊午火 ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟己亥水 世○→ ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼庚辰土  
勾陈       ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼己丑土     ▅▅ ▅▅ 子孙庚寅木  
朱雀       ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙己卯木     ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟庚子水 世
Line 3 (you: host line): You are concerned about a person (man) with a female (wife or girl friend or ex). He is moving on into hiding (not making any decision, and not by your side).
Line 6 (him: guest line): He think of someone else, definitely not you.
Line 3 and 6 have a yang-yin connection, but the issues are over a man with a female hidden behind him. This female in the hidden line can be you or another female. If it happens to be you, you might have a close relationship, but you have no status in his life.
Line 4 (marriage document line): This relationship between you and him is not working because this element of metal sits empty under your house of spouse. You feel that this relationship can become serious.
Line 5 shows the man is moving on and the person is leaving, probably for another person.
Hexagram 63
On the outside, you two appear like a couple, but you do not have strong feelings for each other. You respect each other, but there is no spark in this relationship.

Hexagram 24: The relationship is not deep. It takes a long time to develop any type of romance. There is only one yang line and five yin lines. There are many female love rivals.

Since line 5 is the same the character in the month of the reading (house of marriage), there is hope that things may return to normal. However, the line 6 is also a movement line. He is moving on.

Last edited:

squirrele

visitor
Reaction score
This is the most incredibly amazing insight I have ever received, thank you long yi, thank you jbutler, you have been truly helpful.
There were things I did not wish to admit, but then on the other hand, subconsciously, I felt I could sense the truth; when kind knowledgeable people as yourselves, clarify truly existing issues, including offering genuinely good advice, its gives you a good 'SHOCK'. Truly appreciated!!!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).