...life can be translucent

Menu

39.5.6 > 52 How does he see me?

mistique

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I let my mind wander today and the question that came to me was :

How does he see me (at this moment)? and got 39.5.6 changing to 52 - Obstruction to Keeping Still.

I would be curious to hear your opinion or having your experience shared as whether in front of the blocked path he turns around (back) to me or I am the obstacle in his path and has to deal with me (39.5)...:confused:

Or...now that I focus on the way the question is formulated, I am the one with the obstructed path (in the relationship) and have to deal with the situation (39.5)

As for the 6th line changing...not possible to go back (run away), but have to push through...

My confusion arises from the fact that although my question is "how he sees me?", I tend to interpret the hexagrams by putting him in the center of the interpretation, as if I see him that way and not the other way round :brickwall:

Thank you in advance for your insights :bows:

M

mirian

Dear Mistique,

I am really walking on thin ice here ;) but this is the way I see your reading. For a start, I don't think that you are "the obstacle in his path" and he has to deal with you, as you outlined as one of the possible interpretations.
That said, your question was "how does he see me?" and this is what I think that the Yi is telling you.
Somehow, in his mind you are associated with obstacles and difficulties. So, if you look into your relationship can you identify what the obstacles are? Are you the person that, for any reason, is building these blocks between the two of you? Or, rather, is it him who creates obstacles, consciously or unconsciously? In practical terms, do the obstacles actually exist?
So, when he looks at you what he sees is obstacles. I think that you are in a much better position than anyone to reflect on that and get the answer to those questions.

Regarding your changing lines, what my own experience tells me is that the person facing the obstacles (he, in this case) does not turn his back and walk away. In lines 5 and 6 the person gets helpers and deals with the obstacles, whatever they might be and however difficult they are. And that would bring the situation back to you. This is a very interesting reading indeed because you asked about how he sees you and the Yi seems to indicate that you are part of the equation.

Hope that helps somehow:bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I let my mind wander today and the question that came to me was :

How does he see me (at this moment)? and got 39.5.6 changing to 52 - Obstruction to Keeping Still.

I would be curious to hear your opinion or having your experience shared as whether in front of the blocked path he turns around (back) to me or I am the obstacle in his path and has to deal with me (39.5)...:confused:

Or...now that I focus on the way the question is formulated, I am the one with the obstructed path (in the relationship) and have to deal with the situation (39.5)

As for the 6th line changing...not possible to go back (run away), but have to push through...

My confusion arises from the fact that although my question is "how he sees me?", I tend to interpret the hexagrams by putting him in the center of the interpretation, as if I see him that way and not the other way round :brickwall:

Thank you in advance for your insights :bows:

Yes I'd find that confusing and for that reason avoid such questions.

The interpretation that immediately stands out to me though is that he sees you as someone who can help him. He faces difficulties and is looking for help...39.5 is quite literal 'friends come in great difficulties' or something like that and in 39.6 again someone turns back to help. Does he see you as the one he turns to for help when he's stuck ?

The second hexagram here is interesting, hex 52. One is pretty self sufficient in hex 52, impervious. So is the hex 52 from his POV also ? If we take the answer as answering head on it looks like someone who is actually seeking help from a fairly detached standpoint ? I don't think you are the obstacle in his path but I think he may see you as a means to circumventing the obstacles in his path if that makes sense.

As you say questions like these make understanding quite difficult and in the end I'm not sure how helpful it is since no one knows how he sees you except him. However what jumps out at me is he sees you as a helper to get him round the mountain especially if he feels isolated or in need of support,

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
BTW The yang change pattern here is hex 20 (that is where we make all change lines yang) and that reinforces the idea of a kind of position of detached viewing, weighing options, that is how he's going into this. The yin change patttern is hex 34....hmmm I wonder whether he needs to dig himself out of this one rather than look to you.

You may not be aware he's looking for help yet but if he is I guess you next question to yourself is how much you are prepared to offer him. I get the sense he's viewing you as a kind of resource in a time of trouble....and though they say 'that's what friends are for' if a friend only seeks you out in times of trouble one might want to assess things.

Just an impression, could be wrong.

mistique

visitor
Reaction score
Dear mirian, dear trojan,

Thank you very much for your feedback. How he sees me...well, sooner or later everything is revealed. I will share my experience with you when I will have a clear understanding of his actions.

Trojan, yes, the interpretation can be quite confusing, yet it opens my eyes to various possibilities. All I have to do is to look "for the signs of the times" as I was advised in a previous post.

At this moment I have to accept both your interpretations. Here I will explore both possibilities:

If he looks at me and sees obstacles, or associates me with difficulties, it might be due to several reasons: distance (we live in different cities), the fact that I didn't accept to be taken for granted and refused to accept his "terms and conditions" as the only one to be applied in the relationship, hurt ego as he found himself "dumped" by a woman... This is what comes to my mind now, it might be something different as well...

He might be seeing me as the person who could help him, it is just as possible. Well, we did discuss in the past about his business and I know he was planning to open a company in the country we live as well (we are expats), yet he has never asked for anything substantial. Well...he did ask me to but for him some household items (minor monetary value) as he didn't have time to go to the shop; but as i knew he was simply using me, I didn't get those things for him (and later I broke up with him).

mistique

visitor
Reaction score
In order to better understand what the obstacles in his way are, this morning I asked: What should I know about the obstacles and difficulties in my previous reading? I got hex. 14.1.2.3 changing to hex. 35.

I see this reading pointing towards business dealings. As read in "Memorizing the I Ching Hex. 14", "in 14, the leader is more focused, more particular in direction, etc. With that attitude, one can benefit - but at the same time there is the emotional focus on issues covering anger (persevering, single mindedness) context in which is operating issues of acceptance."

"The infrastructure of 14, in its skeletal form, is described by analogy to 32, so a general sense of commitment, focus, etc. and that serves as a clue to what we are dealing with."

14.1 "Great possession that is still at the beginnings and that has not yet been challenged brings no blame, since there has been no opportunity for mistakes. Yet there are many difficulties to be overcome. It is only by remaining conscious of these difficulties that one can keep inwardly free of possible arrogance and wastefulness and thus in principle overcome all cause of blame." (Wilhelm)

"14 is about uniting with a great orientation or idea."

14.2 "It is not a possession in great measure until we had the tools and the help to display it properly". "One has the tools to help in acquiring wealth but what is in fact needed is a goal or direction to take"

14.3 "Social climbing includes letting others see something in you no there - you reflect them and so get interpreted as one of them".

Based on all the above, I would tend to agree with trojan, in his interpretation. I know for a fact that this person is very ambition, career and business driven and wouldn't be surprised in case he approaches me in relation to one of his projects.

Best regards

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).