...life can be translucent

Menu

Your experiences with unchanging castings - hexagram 9

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Earlier in the year Arabella had started a a series of threads purely for people to share their perceptions and experiences of how unchanging casts had manifested in their lives. She asked me to continue with it through all the hexagrams so in the end we will have quite a resource on each hexagram as it has been experienced from the inside.

Hilary said in the new year she will make these threads stickies just like with Rosada's memorising threads.

My impression was there seemed to be something quite unique about how each hexagram felt in it's unchanging form...which is only to be expected of course but what I mean is whilst we have discussed theoretically how unchanging casts are experienced it's not possible to generalise too much as in "all unchanging hexagrams mean its experienced as X, Y Z. etc etc.

Some discussion of what led Arabella to start the threads are here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=14350

and here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=14313

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Arabella envisioned the threads like this when she began hex 1
Your Experiences With Unchanging Castings - Hexagram 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As suggested on a recent Exploring Divinations thread, I'm proposing that we begin an archive of the collected experiences of Clarity participants with Unchanging Hexagrams. The idea is to aggregate what we can of thoughts and history related to each hexagram, one at a time, in its "unchanged" form, similar to the effort made by Rosada and compadres in the Memorising Threads model.

There is a separate thread in Exploring Divination for general ideas on unchanging castings, entitled "Your Experiences with Unchanging Castings Hexagram 0", so please enter anything that isn't specific to a particular unchanged hexagram over there.

Shall we try? If you're game, may we begin with Hexagram 1 Unchanging? What meaning do you ascribe to a Hex 1 Unchanging casting? Interpretation and nomination of various commentaries, your stories and journal histories of such castings are all welcome. Ideas about unchanging castings on the whole may be helpful as well with any examples you may be able to offer.

So let's go with hexagram 9 ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
May as well start with the clearest memory I have of hex 9 unchanging. It's pretty simple.

I was living in a place I wasn't too happy with and asked simply about getting out of it. At the time I could see no way out and was somewhat desperate, I think I asked for a prediction "can I/will I get somewhere else better ? ". I got hex 9 unchanging and sat with that for a while unsure as to the augury though it was fairly obvious with hindsight. I did leave but 'not yet'.....the clouds were on the horizon but no rain just yet. I left 7 months later.

Since then I've found 9 unchanging as very much simply that. No big harvest yet just keep on doing what you're doing and sooner or later the rains will come since the clouds are already there holding the promise of rain

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
I had 9 unchanging just the other day, asking 'What is it that's frightening about readings?'

Not the answer I would've expected, but... I think it brings out that 'limbo' quality of Hexagram 9, suspended somewhere between choosing and seeing results. You've chosen your place, you start work, but the clouds are only bringing darkness, no rain yet. With a relating hexagram, 9 might be looking forward, working towards something, or at least working on something. Without one... just keep hoeing.

li chien

visitor
Reaction score
I cast 9uc this morning... The question I put to the Yi was what would be good advice in general for humanity for the next 40 years. I had in my mind sustainability, environmental, social and economic... how can we cultivate a better planet?

Understanding sustainability always seems so harmonious with the Yi as they fundamentally are about change management.

The idea of taming our use of resources is definitely timely. Xiau perhaps describing the limited resources that we will actually have available to us after gearing up society and spending an inherited millions of years of peak oil in just a relatively short two hundred years in the explosion of growth in a great age of seemingly abundant resources... and xu is also about the accumulation or storing of nourishment or foodstocks... the most fundamental issue likely in our post carbon powered world is going to be the struggle for us to have enough to eat.

Also interesting that the last 200 years the conjunctions in the Saturn Jupiter cycles (which are traditionally seen as describing the state of life on the planet) have been in the earth signs and been fundamentally involved in expanding production and resource use... and that the next great age for the Saturn Jupiter cycle is in air signs and will have to do with understanding and knowledge, more Promethean things.

In 2020 the twenty year conjunction starting the next 200 years of conjunctions in air will be at a very poignant symbol of 0 degree Aquarius, the rain bringer, which gets us back to Hex9 and the air that brings the rain clouds waiting on the horizon to nourish the earth.

Maybe the clouds we are waiting on are the awareness that springs from all our activity over the last two hundred years and it may also mark the great age of communication finally taking full hold after its infancy phase since the 80s.

Hex 9uc and the taming power of small seems to say much about the best strategy in a change point going from having abundant resources to not having much at all... the limited actions we will have available to us as we buy ourselves some time to reframe our lives and our society, the economy and industry, our homes and cities, our culture and families to come to terms with adjustments of a post carbon fueled bonanza that we have enjoyed since the age of industry and the relative freedom of action and resources that we overspent in this age.

Learning to only do a little and to wait for just the right time making small changes as best we can for the time being... focussing on primarily using less and surviving the transition from the industrial world of doing without limit to the more in tune world we need to become to sustain ourself beyond such a limited horizon.

The organism needs time to restructure and gear itself towards the next great phase of the planet... an age of greater awareness and reason, perhaps the payoff for the Promethean adventure. Can restraint of action teach us greater nobility of character and how to live more in tune and humbly... It will be great to see what humanity can do if it can no longer afford to resort to argument and war to solve its problems... the age of peak oil lit a new fire so maybe its time we see what we can do with the light.
Graham

Last edited:

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I made a note when I got 9 several months ago:
When one accepts the slow way in which nature works, one creates the space, where one's true path can unfold.
No idea what happened that day. The question was about what I could do about something, and obviously this is what Yi made me see.

zander

visitor
Reaction score
I asked about speeding up some lessons I have been doing at a rather slow pace. I thought that perhaps I was going too slow, so I asked if I should speed it up. I was doing a lesson a week and thought perhaps a lesson a day would be better. On receiving Hex 9 unchanging, it became clear that I am already going at the appropriate rate, and should continue at a slow pace for now.

Owlietta

visitor
Reaction score
Advice for today: 9 unchanging

I asked this morning before going to a funeral of an extended relative, with some other family members. This is the first funeral I have been to in this country (I grew up in the US) and so I didn't know what to expect, culturally. All I knew is that the social rules seem a bit stricter here. I was feeling pressure to behave and dress a certain way and was worried about screwing it up.

When I got 9 unchanging, I interpreted it as a fairly good prognosis, and also advising to pay attention to my appearance. and paying attention to details.

The funeral went okay. I didn't have black shoes that matched my black dress, so I reluctantly wore navy blue shoes. It's midsummer, so I figured I could go bare-legged. When I got there, I asked a cousin and she added that I really should have worn black pantyhose as well. But I noticed a couple of other bare-legged women as well, so at least I wasn't the only one. I also did try to watch other people to see what I was supposed to do next. I met some new relatives, which was nice.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
and also advising to pay attention to my appearance. and paying attention to details.

It does sound as if it went reasonably well :). I wonder if the "unchanging" part of it was that you couldn't do much more about it? It was probably too late to go shopping for black shoes, but you did the best you could and wore dark blue ones.

B

butterfly spider

My daughter is ill in a psychiatric ward and she asked to cast the coins to see how things would turn out. She said she saw no way out and that the black hole would consume her. She also meant her stay in hospital. She said that she might as well give up on life at 22

She got hex 9 uc

Pretty clear actually

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What did you think it meant ?

It's not clear to me.

B

butterfly spider

Sorry - she wants to get out of hospital and be normal and get married have children and not feel chukka' confused and angry I took 9uc to be small gentle steps calm not bold action.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A suggestion on how to approach my Buddhist practice? 9
keep doing it day by day with perseverance and regularity - results will come in due time

V

veavea

I cast 9uc this morning. The context refers to some academic/intellectual projects I've been working on and trying to work out a new way of keeping track of my notes and ideas. I decided this morning to print out a blank template for research notes, rather than keeping them in my head or scribbled incoherently here and there. I checked in with the yi as sometimes what seems like a good idea is really a distraction, and sometimes the yi accuses me of working like a hamster or a randy dog when I'm enthusiastic about something, so it's wise to check in. With 9uc I took it to mean, yes, it's useful for me to tame my resources and work methodically.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes a very hexagram 9 activity. Personally I recommend all 9 activities as therapeutic in times of stress also.. Seeing 'clouds no rain' can be painful so it's a good time to get all in order for when the rain actually does come...because when the rain does come, or when an event we've been waiting for does happen we won't necessarily have time to do all those smaller maintenance activities.

Speaking of which I had better clean the bathroom and do the recycling because on more eventful days there will not be time.

Thanks for all your additions to these threads veavea :bows:

V

veavea

My pleasure! Thinking through the unchanging hexagrams helps me think about the specific energy of the hexes, which helps my understanding...

Thanks to you for creating the threads and continuing to respond to new additions :bows:

:)

VeronicaV

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
how does 9uc apply to a relationship? is it a reflection on oneself....always is right ? so I ask about the relationship and get 9uch and it means for me to just get everything in order. make sure all my ducks are in a row so when my sexy suitor comes calling actually, I'll be straight. right? yaaaas.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if you want help/feedback? If so then it's best to post that in SR. But if you are just sharing what you think the cast means then it's fine here. These threads are for people reporting in hindsight what they think their uc casts meant.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).