...life can be translucent

Menu

23 unchanging

B

blue_angel

Hi all,
I received this answer 23 unchanging today when asking "what is going on with me today?"
The thing is my patience with others is very thin. Certain things that I would normally let go are really bothering me. I can not seem to find the positive. What is this answer telling me? I thought I had made huge progress working on my outlook and perspectives with life. Old wounds seem to be opening and I'm ready to just cut certain people that were once very important to me out of my life. Any thoughts welcome

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi all,
Old wounds seem to be opening and I'm ready to just cut certain people that were once very important to me out of my life.

Sounds like a perfectly good interpretation to me.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
It's nothing you have done, it's just the time. Sometimes it's best to be quiet and just lay low - until it passes.

B

blue_angel

Thank you both, yes old wounds opening and wanting to cut people out of my life is how I feel, maybe 23 is showing how I feel. I guess I should've asked a better question, like what should I do about feeling this way. But, thank you for reading and responding, being the time and staying quiet and letting things pass is great advice and centers me, so I will follow that. Thanks:eek:

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi blue-angel

I've found quite often the Yi will reflect back to me my actual state of mind and/or actual situation, which is very useful in understanding, either correcting or confirming my subjective state.

There's also the additional idea of stripping away so you can see what's really going on, inside and outside. I think the most productive way to view 23 is as pruning, which cuts back unruly, dying or dead branches, so the chi goes back to the core and its roots: 'thus those above ensure their position by giving to those below.'

psychonaut613

visitor
Reaction score
May I suggest if you do decide to cut people out, weigh things carefully. A friend of mine recently did something similar, and, well, we aren't friends right now :(

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
May I suggest if you do decide to cut people out, weigh things carefully. A friend of mine recently did something similar, and, well, we aren't friends right now :(

Yes, blue_angel, you might end up with nobody. The text of hex 23 counsels us to sort of lay low and not do anything until the time of deterioration or collapse passes. Also, it counsels us to be generous with other people, so that they will be still there for us later.
:)

B

blue_angel

I appreciate all of your council in understanding hexagram 23. I think it really was just showing my state of mind as meng said. I have just pulled away from the people / situation all together. I am deeply saddened by it. I just don't see how to deal with it other than to keep my distance. The thing is, these are family members. Mostly my grandmother. My family is very racist. My children are not of the same race. My grandmother has made some comments about my children that hurt me. My family is very broken as it is. But I have kept intouch with my grandmother and a few others regardless. Just as of the last months everything said to me has been very negative and hurtful. Although this is my family by blood, they are not there for me now, nor have they have they ever really been. Maybe I just have to accept this the way it is. Thank you. Next time I will try and explain my situation a little more when asking about insight to the hexagrams received.

G

goddessliss

I appreciate all of your council in understanding hexagram 23. I think it really was just showing my state of mind as meng said. I have just pulled away from the people / situation all together. I am deeply saddened by it. I just don't see how to deal with it other than to keep my distance. The thing is, these are family members. Mostly my grandmother. My family is very racist. My children are not of the same race. My grandmother has made some comments about my children that hurt me. My family is very broken as it is. But I have kept intouch with my grandmother and a few others regardless. Just as of the last months everything said to me has been very negative and hurtful. Although this is my family by blood, they are not there for me now, nor have they have they ever really been. Maybe I just have to accept this the way it is. Thank you. Next time I will try and explain my situation a little more when asking about insight to the hexagrams received.

Hey bluangel, as we grow within we do tend to let a lot of people go who are not in keeping with where we find ourselves.
Personally I have let many, many people go friends and family alike and I have never, ever once regretted. Sad sometimes and at times I may momentarily miss them and wish it was different but if you don't let go of the old no new positive people can come into your life. You will be fine I'm sure - Liss

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).