...life can be translucent

Menu

Game of Changes

frank

visitor
Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Frank, I'm new in this community, but are well known with the I Ching. I've been involved with two I Ching magazines and some newsgroups back here in the Netherlands (Hi Harmen and LiSe!), I had a practice in counselling and things like the I Ching, but 'failed' to succeed in that at this time, so I stopped the practice some month or two ago, and I started to write poems now about the 64 hexagrams of the I Ching. I'm at nr. 41 right now and hope to publice them someday...

Well, enough introduction, here's my question to you all, or at least the onces who want to respond...

In the Netherlands we have the opportunity to use the I Ching with cards in a cardsession which is called "The Game of Changes". There is a lot of info on that on LiSe's website... You pick 9 cards, which give you anwers to 9 sub-questions (as the 'real' one is the one you use the game for...) and then a lot of info on that particular subject comes to you... I was wandering if anyone of you could help me out on this... I just put the issue down here, with the 9 cards (and sub-questions), and then wait what will come out of it... :-D...

Issue: I'm in love with a dear collague of mine, who already knows that and said that she only wanted to be friends... In the past I thought I saw approaches of her as 'signals' that she is still in for something, but not yet... These days I'm asking the "Game of Changes" about the way the bound between us goes every month, and for september I had these answers...

1. What's all about? 64
2. How did (does) it start? 40-6
3. How did (does) it grow? 44
4. What do you know about the subject now? 34
5. What do you have to accept? 21-1
6. What's your opinion / emotion in this? 20
7. What can you create NOW? 31
8. What will happen? 10
9. What will it be in the end (of september)? 35-1.2

I know how to interped the most of these answers, which sounds like withdraw for a while... (sigh), but then on point 7 there's 31... What about THAT?

Thank you very much in advance trying to help me out here.

Regards,
Frank

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hallo Frank, leuk je hier te ontmoeten!

There is a lot more about 31 than only wooing. If you take a look at
www.anton-heyboer.org/i_ching/hex_17-32/31-32.htm
Some of its meanings: together, all, unite, to become, turn into, to bring to completion, succeed.
In the Mawangdui Yi Jing this hexagram is called qin1: respect; obey with respect, imperial.

No idea of it makes more sense, but one of the things you will find there is the ?building of a city?. It might add some extra meaning to the ways you can use your creativity.

LiSe

frank

visitor
Reaction score
Hi LiSe,

Nice to meet you again. I will watch your site later on, but to build a city is something I can relate to in the context of the request I was asking about 31... Thank you very much... It's probably something about 'building a solid base' and move on slowly (10, after that), then you will be gowing places (35 as last card) (grin).

I always thought that 31 had ONLY to do with fancy someone... Aproach her or him in a way that he or she will respond in a loving matter...

But that city thing makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again, and regards to your 'sisters' and the Big man (grin)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).