...life can be translucent

Menu

Very Strange reading and need help fast. Very nervous and confused right now.

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a new member but have been reading this board for years. Now I come to you because I need help. Recently I have been having trouble at work and was wrongly suspended. After an inverstigation they invited me back to work. I also asked for some vacatoin time before cominng back to work. During the time I was suspended I went on a few job interviews and just got called to go to a second and final interview at one of the places I applied for. Though it is not for sure, I am assuming that I will get this job since they said that I met their requirements better than other candidates. But again it is not for 100%.

About my current job, I have been there a few years now and it is a pretty good place and I am comfortable there and I am pretty sure everything will be okay going back but that whole suspension drama left a bad taste in my mouth if you know what I mean.

The new place wants me to give them an answer by Monday or Tuesday next week as to when I can come in for the second and final interview but then I also start back at my current job on Monday. I can make an excuse like having a doctor's appointment and go to the interview but that would make me look suspicious and to be honest since I am just coming back from vacation and suspension. I don't really want change inside eventhough going to a new job might be the right move. Both job are comparible though the new place is about twice the driving distance.

Now I asked the I Ching if I should take the new job and I got hex 55 with the sixth line changing it to hex 30.

And then I asked the I Ching if I should keep my current job and got the exact same reading 55 to 30 with same changing line!

here is the link:http://www.ichingonline.net/read3.p...ex=787786&x_vrg=Should I keep my current job?

To let you guys know a bit about myself, I have been through so many ups and downs over the last few years from getting divorced to being uneployed while having to move out and live on my own and serious battle alcoholism. I have suffered so much anxiety and depression over the last few years that I have developed a anxiety disorder that makes living very difficult for me.

I would like to have some help with the reading from some of you here please.

Thank you,

NewLife123

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
You yourself said it: The jobs are comparable. This is a job that isolates you and perhaps you enjoy keeping to yourself. If you are very anxious and confused, perhaps right now is not the best time to change jobs. You might need the routines you are used to, to steady you.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Old job or new job?
55.6 > 30

I understand 55 as an expansion of boundaries. Since the center remains the same when boundaries expand, I'd say, Stay with the old job. Line 6, however, is unfortunate, perhaps referring to the suspension you have experienced. If the people you work with now feels somewhat like family, stay. You need stability in life. If not, leave.

BillDai

visitor
Reaction score
Think about the spiritual meaning of the two jobs to you, and decide which of the jobs suits your spiritual needs. Both of the two jobs meet your material request, so you have to consider the spiritual side.

By the way, i suggest you not to drink anymore. You cna try Green tea, which is better than alchoho.

Last edited:
M

mirian

Dear newlife123,

I am just wondering if this reading of yours is correct. You have used an online system to cast your readings and it really puzzles me that you had exactly the same hexagram and changing lines for your questions regarding two different jobs. You asked the Yi for guidance as you need to make a decision: stay in the current job or move to a new one and the system came up with the same hexagram and lines. I am not saying that it is impossible, please don't get me wrong. But if I were in your position I would not feel 100% sure that the reading is accurate. You see, when you cast the coins there is no doubt what the answer is.

Sorry, I don't want to confuse you, but I could not help saying this to you, because it was my first -and strong- impression as soon as I read your post.

:bows:

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
mirian,

Actually the I did hand cast the coins, that website gives you the option too. And yeah, very strange.

Friends, I have decided to stay at my current job. The reality is after the last few years of living with so much anxiety, i just don't want to go through the stress of having to change jobs even though what happened at work really sucks and it may be uncomfortable when going back.

pocossin, I hope you're right about the changing line representing my suspension. The way I see it, since I got the same hexes for both questions, either way I go won't bring disaster for now so I will choose the less stressful and probably less favorable choice.

I'm actually stressed with the I ching too. As much as I revere it, the readings scare me especially the changing lines. Even positvie hexes are uncomfortable since they are so cryptic.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well I don't think it's helpful to give you more confusion but I think both answers give the strong message that this isn't time to hold back....in 55.6 he stays in the mourning hut too long, he needs to march out even though it is not the usual things to do....since there was a required mourning time. A suspension is a kindof mourning and there may be more mourning to stay on in a place where you were suspended. However i find 55.6 can simply also be times when we just isolate ourselves or hold back becasue that is what we feel we need to do and that's just how it is. If you have settled on your decision it probably is the right one but if there is any part of you that would like to go for the new job then go ahead. You were wrongfully suspended and that's a harsh thing to suffer so an hour or two off for a drs appointment isn't so much to ask for is it ?

I don't want to re open the anxiety, and as you got the same answer for each I don't feel it's bad if you stay in the current job, I just don't agree with some of the answers given here so far. Well I agree in that if your anxiety is so bad you may need to consider if you can handle change....but then again you did well to secure a second interview, jobs are hard to come by these days and your current employer put you through major stress by wrongfully suspending you !

In general 55.6 is about holding back too much, about the dangers of not taking opportunities and so on.....in practise as i said it also just seems to be times when you want to stay inside your own space.

Hmmm well I agree with what you said here

. The way I see it, since I got the same hexes for both questions, either way I go won't bring disaster for now so I will choose the less stressful and probably less favorable choice.

and yet don't agree with other respondents that this actually means 'don't go to the interview' if you feel like it. 55.6 isn't advising you not to go out of your hut. It could be a questions of priorities as Bill mentioned, thinking about what your most important work is here

Last edited:

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me what they think hex 30 in this situation could mean?

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trojan. I wonder if 55.6 is the deep sense of depression and emptiness I feel right now. And yeah, Bill is right, I went with what is in my soul.

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I kind of agree with trojan tbh. But everyone else brings up good points too. I'm just thinking that the whole message, especially with the whole synchronicity of them both being the same, points to something like: "It doesn't really matter, what matters is you."

55 shows thunder and lighting, but as opposed to 21, the lightning starts near us and expands outward, meaning we produce it. A storm is a tumultuous thing, but it brings new life. This changes into 30, which means that after the first outward storm develops, that lightning from which is sprung grows. There's a sense that the immediate "take charge" of any situation leads to a stronger source from which these things can later come. The cause creates the effect and the effect strengthens the cause... is what I see.

By getting both of these the same, its saying that both jobs mean exactly the same and they both tie back to what you do. You have the power, now have the confidence behind that power.

This may be purely fantastical for your situation (so feel free to discard it, I'm just a stranger on the internet), but wouldn't it be cool if you just said to your current employers straight up the truth? Telling them that you thought the suspension was completely unjust and that that caused you to seek out employment at a different company, and now you're not sure whether their company is a secure place for you. And then at the very worst (and this might not even happen) they'd fire you (which would look bad on them, because all you did was tell the truth), and you'd have an almost for sure position at another company. Just something to consider, and I don't know the situation entirely so dafukdoiknow

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
55 shows thunder and lighting, but as opposed to 21, the lightning starts near us and expands outward, meaning we produce it. A storm is a tumultuous thing, but it brings new life. This changes into 30, which means that after the first outward storm develops, that lightning from which is sprung grows. There's a sense that the immediate "take charge" of any situation leads to a stronger source from which these things can later come. The cause creates the effect and the effect strengthens the cause... is what I see.

I like this take on it, it's sounds right and it's something I haven't heard about 55>30 before. I think the "take charge" is important here. I'll remember that for my own readings. And the beauty of it is you decide what taking charge means here Newlife. You say you feel depressed so 55.6 is a perfect answer to urge you not to stay in the mourning hut of depression but 'take charge' in some way, assert your will in your own life. The sense of lack of power may be getting you down and i think your answer urges you to take back the reins here....whatever you do. Whether you go or stay make sure you feel a bit more in charge here

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I think both readings have nothing to do with this job or that, but rather it illustrates your condition. Abundance is nice if you have room for it all, but it is a sign of being overwhelmed if you don't; too much, over the top, compressed and stressed.

On the other hand, 30 advises to slow down; a steady flame doesn't burn itself out but does require a steady supply of fuel. A cow doesn't swallow an entire field at once, and she has four stomachs to process the green grass gradually and in stages. So, don't be forced into rushing just because of the pressure to produce milk, for either company. Bring yourself back down to earth, 'and take it easy, don't let the sound of your own wheels (or theirs) make you crazy.' Then you will be much better equipped to make clear decisions.

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
meng,

I see what you mean that since it is the same reading for both jobs, the jobs are really irrelevant. And yeah, I need to slow down especially my brain and just let things comes slowly. A coworker told me that he thinks things might be a little awkward the first day but then will return to normal.

Just to let you guys know, I work as a technical support rep in a call center and the reason I got suspended was because of some politically incorrect humor I had with a client. My manager overheard it and thought it was inappropriate but the problem is she took it out of context since she didn't know what we were talking about. So part of their investigation was talking to the client who defended me all the way and praised my work.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Bada bing bada boom. You might even become something of a cult hero among your peers. Be not sad, be the sun at midday.

long yi

visitor
Reaction score
Six line layout 55.6 to 30 Job change
神煞:天乙—寅午 福星—午 日禄—申 羊刃—酉 驿马—寅 桃花—酉 华盖—辰
干支:癸巳年 乙卯月 庚子日 甲申时
旬空:午未  子丑  辰巳  午未
April 4
神煞:天乙—丑未 福星—寅 日禄—寅 羊刃—卯 驿马—寅 桃花—酉 华盖—辰
干支:癸巳年 丙辰月 甲辰日 壬申时
旬空:午未  子丑  寅卯  戌亥
April 8

六神  伏神    坎宫:雷火丰          离宫:离为火(六冲)
         【本 卦】           【变 卦】
滕蛇       ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼庚戌土  ×→ ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财己巳火 世
勾陈       ▅▅ ▅▅ 父母庚申金 世   ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼己未土  
朱雀       ▅▅▅▅▅ 妻财庚午火     ▅▅▅▅▅ 父母己酉金  桃花
青龙       ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟己亥水     ▅▅▅▅▅ 兄弟己亥水 应
玄武       ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼己丑土 应   ▅▅ ▅▅ 官鬼己丑土  
白虎       ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙己卯木     ▅▅▅▅▅ 子孙己卯木 
Line 2 is the potential employer who is not sincere about any discussion. Officer chou earth is the empty element under the month. The company does not give such authority to the hiring managers.
Line 6 (officer xu earth) is set into motion by the month and the day of the reading. This means the company pushes for change. Line 6 gives the si fire female. This female is in conflict in other parties at line 3 of hexagram 30.
There are internal issues with this company: 30.2 and 30.5 are in conflict. These are people who run that places. You may get that job, but it is not what you want.
Hexagram 30 is six conflict hexagram. Despite certain positive meaning, I do not see anything real in this situation for job change at this time.
Hexagram 30 = Star Card in Tarot. You do not like your current job, but with time, things will work out for you. Harmony will be restored. Hexagram 30 means that you rely on a system to survive. That is the employer.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).