...life can be translucent

Menu

50.1.6 < 34

TwoGeese

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would love some interpretations:
I had recently received a gua about pottery which was positive but ceramics are not possible right now so I putting this on hold until live makes it easier for me.
I have decided to look into other things that I am drawn to and I am finding myself inspired by fiber related works- specifically machine embroidery.

So I asked the Yi-Please comment on the wisdom of pursing machine embroidery?
I received Hex 50.1.60 < 34.

What I see: Hex 50 - This is a very spiritual thing for me- most art is.

line 1 - I have tipped out all the things I "think" I love and I am trying to get the blockage out. I am not sure what the "concubine" means?

Line 6 - LOVE this line. This is something very positive. Nothing can taint this or corrupt it.

Hex 34 - full of energy- YES! Inspired- YES! I will need to be consistent and work at this. Don't let it die because I think I find something "more interesting".

Anyone else want to take a stab at this? Am I missing something- different interpretations?

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
It looks from here like a clean slate, canvas or pottery wheel, to approach with great vigor the art which inspires and comes through you.

The word I associate most with 50 is refine. It might also be note worthy that rings or handles of jade are symbolic of ultimate refinery, however, they are not especially practical to lift and carry it and its contents around. Perhaps there may be a subtle message to focus on this austere quality rather than on its utility.

TwoGeese

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks meng.
It looks from here like a clean slate, canvas or pottery wheel, to approach with great vigor the art which inspires and comes through you.
I feel I could do either but what I keep sketching and what I keep dreaming about is fibers. I know that someday I will probably pick up pottery but right now I feel fibers as being much stronger. Not to mention the fact that I just don't have the space for pottery right now but I already have much of what I need for fibers.

The word I associate most with 50 is refine. It might also be note worthy that rings or handles of jade are symbolic of ultimate refinery, however, they are not especially practical to lift and carry it and its contents around. Perhaps there may be a subtle message to focus on this austere quality rather than on its utility.
I would like to do simple portraits with fibers. Not really practical at all... :eek:
Pottery feels much more about utility but this can also be austere... I know I am usually thinking about the utility when it comes to pottery- what am I going to use it for and much less about what it looks like... I may be more confused...

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Kim,

Clean pottery wheel was metaphor :), as is turning a Ding upside-down to clean the old stuff out.

Fibers, fibers, sounds wonderful! I'd love to see what you make of them. What came to me was String Theory art. But that's just how I'd likely interpret it.

Personally, I think the time favors innovative art, which connects to the next scientific era. Artists have always shown the way, long before science stepped in it.

Best wishes and friendly muses.. :bows:

TwoGeese

visitor
Reaction score
Clean pottery wheel was metaphor :), as is turning a Ding upside-down to clean the old stuff out.

OH!!! Well now I get it... :) I am a bit slow today. Should have stayed home. :( Thanks for clearing that up for me. :D

Fibers, fibers, sounds wonderful! I'd love to see what you make of them. What came to me was String Theory art. But that's just how I'd likely interpret it.
Personally, I think the time favors innovative art, which connects to the next scientific era. Artists have always shown the way, long before science stepped in it.

I like this a lot. I had not really considered string theory, I will need to do some reading to familiarize myself some more with it (just basic knowledge) but I can see where that would fit. I agree with art connecting with or influencing science (I did a lot of that in college).
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond- you all are great. :pompom:
I will hope for friendly muses.;)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think 50.1.6>34 looks like a tremendous quick fire catalyst. When lines 1 and 6 move I find there can be the quality of an episode....you see the whole enactment of the primary hexagram in one quick take. You go straight from beginning to end, no middle process. I also think that the relating hexagram with this pattern almost forces itself through like toothpaste from a tube :D it 'busts through'....to me it looks like 34 is sandwiched between the two lines and kind of does the work bang in the middle of the primary hexagram. hex 50 is a pot, well a ting. As you said 34 is full of energy and great FOCUS. I don't know how long this phase of interest will last but i think something very good and transformative can come out of it. You are cooking something (hex 50) and you are cooking with a great deal of focused energy...so it looks like a catalyst kind of process to me

TwoGeese

visitor
Reaction score
I think 50.1.6>34 looks like a tremendous quick fire catalyst. When lines 1 and 6 move I find there can be the quality of an episode....you see the whole enactment of the primary hexagram in one quick take. You go straight from beginning to end, no middle process. I also think that the relating hexagram with this pattern almost forces itself through like toothpaste from a tube :D it 'busts through'....to me it looks like 34 is sandwiched between the two lines and kind of does the work bang in the middle of the primary hexagram. hex 50 is a pot, well a ting. As you said 34 is full of energy and great FOCUS. I don't know how long this phase of interest will last but i think something very good and transformative can come out of it. You are cooking something (hex 50) and you are cooking with a great deal of focused energy...so it looks like a catalyst kind of process to me

This feels exactly like it is. I have worked in fibers before but have always done hand sewing or hand embroidery- what I am changing is the use of machine. It will go MUCH faster and much of the "middle" work will be gone. I can get all my ideas out there much faster- instead of taking months I would only take weeks or possibly days. maybe that is where the "no middle process" comes in??? I love the idea of transformative and catalyst. They both feel invigorating. I hope I can maintain it for a while.
Thanks you so much for your feedback.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).